Resident Evil 5 (PS3/360)

Hmm. After some time playing the demo both in single player and co-op I have come to the conclusion that the game isnt that great. Co-op was enjoyable but the gameplay mechanics are atrocious. Controls take some time to get used to and the camera is simply awful. Graphics are good but not great and the inventory system needs some work. 4 years ago this was good and I remember RE4 being fantastic, but today this is sub par. Not impressed.

The inventory has to be the worst thing

You have to bring up a screen while Zombies are running at you to do something simple like reload

Thinking about it again, it's another japanese developed game (even if some or most of the developers are not japanese, it's a big japanese company who produces the game) that shows how Japan companies are losing the track in next-gen. They don't seem to understand that times have changed and continue to produce ps2 games with updated graphics.

Even the menus/interfaces were terribly done in my opinion. Just like it happened with the pes franchise, it seems they are afraid of doing leaps ahead and are confident of selling loads to the hardcore fans, without asking themselves again what can they do to evolve or push forward. They seem to put a lot of effort into graphics but not in the game production as a whole.

It's a shame, they totally owned last-gen and seem to have lost the magic touch.

Damn the gamecube owners who raved about how RE4 was the greatest and gave Capcom the idea to continue that. Zombies should only ever be slow and stumbling.

At least we all have dead rising 2 to look forward too providing they dont give those zombies super abilities.

I like this game. Controls aren't the best. But you can certainly put up with it no problem. Graphics are very good in my eyes.

The inventory is only an issue on the first few plays, once you get used to it...no problem. You can also do a quick inventory change by pressing the directional buttons to go straight to that item. So you can switch guns quickly without going into your inventory.

I love the interaction between both players. I like how you can request items from your partners inventory and also hand out items from your own. Just adds a nice touch of teamwork to the game.

I will be getting this and taking on the co-op with my mate.

Looks like a game for next gen consoles, plays like a game from 1990

This is a good game, but the controls a bit too fiddly.

Pisses me off when your trying to shoot, then run/turn and stuff, you just end up doing something else.

Something i have to get accustomed to.

I think its suppose to be like that to create suspense or something. I love it anyway RE4 is one of my favourite games ever and this seems to be more of the same but with better graphics.

That's what i was thinking.

Last edited:
Finally downloaded the Demo from the PS Store, I am quite impressed with what I played. Just did the first level, not the Shanty Town, on my own. I didn't get to finish it though I died! I liked what I did though, reminded me a lot of RE4, and I really loved 4. My only complaint so far is that I wish they had old school RE1 style zombies, as much as I loved the "monsters" in the fourth game I aren't over the moon to see them again. But if they manage to have them again and keep the game decent, which it looks like they have, then I'm happy. Not got a chance to try co-op yet, looking forward to it though.

Am I the only one by the way who finds that Chris' head seems tiny?! Looks like he's been on the steroids big time.

Resident Evil 5 is out here in the Emirates (no not Arsenal's ground :P). Is it worth getting?

I'll pick it up end of the month when i get paid. gotta spend my cash on some other shit :( already dumped over £50 on a psp me stick and ink cartridges, still gotta buy one more cartridge. i got one of those printers that has like 10 different inks LOL.

aint bought a new game since dec last year ;) avoided both kz2 and SF4. damm recession and my high standards of gaming i have nowadays thanks to wasting £40 on stupid far cry 2!! never again will i rush and buy a game although fifa10 is an exception :P

I wanted a new 360 since october, so instead of buying RE5 alone I decided to buy the red Xbox 360/Resident Evil 5 bundle. I should receive it tomorrow :).

didn´t like that much... the formula seems to be a little old for a next-gen title, need better controls and less linear stages. also lots of the atmosphere of previous RE was lost, it´s much more an action game now than a terror thriller.

Mines arrived today, gonna try it later. I'm kinda expecting to be let down in the way I was let down with Silent Hill Homecoming.

I'll give it a go though.

he, sorry but Gameplay is crap, after 3 hours of gaming i am disapointed, Graphicly a killer on my 360, the rest isnt finished the gameplay is absolutely linear..... Especially diyng, by going to reload, the weapon is shit. Also i cant see any survival horror, ok survival but Horror????? I am thinking back on good old days when RE2 was released....wohoooo forums where overloaded, everyone plays this....and now 4 Pages... i think that it was for Residen Evil,...it stopped with RE3/Code Veronica....every Game after that was a disapointment. Now RE is a shooter,but its a game who needs (lives) atmosphere, like RE1: an old house, you are (most of Time)alone and Faces the Danger! Now I am running with well animated Killers in Africa and shoot like Rambo!

Very Bad Capcom, another Game for the Masses, nothing for Fans......!

Last edited:
he, sorry but Gameplay is crap, after 3 hours of gaming i am disapointed, Graphicly a killer on my 360, the rest isnt finished the gameplay is absolutely linear..... Especially diyng, by going to reload, the weapon is shit. Also i cant see any survival horror, ok survival but Horror????? I am thinking back on good old days when RE2 was released....wohoooo forums where overloaded, everyone plays this....and now 4 Pages... i think that it was for Residen Evil,...it stopped with RE3/Code Veronica....every Game after that was a disapointment. Now RE is a shooter,but its a game who needs (lives) atmosphere, like RE1: an old house, you are (most of Time)alone and Faces the Danger! Now I am running with well animated Killers in Africa and shoot like Rambo!

Very Bad Capcom, another Game for the Masses, nothing for Fans......!

lol. RE4 got praised but from my initial play with RE4 i felt i wasnt playing a RE game anymore. i diddnt feel scared or threatend at all.i felt as if i will never run out of bullets and that i can clear out a whole level of zombies. in past games you have liek 10 bullets for nearly half of the game! i remember in RE1 it took ages just to find a pistol and when i did find one, guess what. no bullets in it lol.

i was hoping RE5 will carry that same suspence and horror but sounds like it doesnt

I was going to get it today with a credit note - that way if I hate it I'm not out any actual money. But I don't know... I just want something to tie me over until next week when the Legends Wrestling game comes along so I'm not sure.

I wasn't keen on the demo on first play, i was in a small rom, i shot 2 guys then some huge axe splattered me in half. Though it wasn't as bad on my second attempt on the other stage - the one with the bus in the street. But it still didn't blow me away like say the demo for Resi Evil 2 did that I played over and over and over.

I've done the SP a few times and online play is getting crappy with rockets and cloaked snipers everywhere.

Once everyone has ranked up and got the ribbons it won't be so bad because people won't mind playing a server with the top 3 classes turned off. But at the moment if you turnb them off and start a server people join, then quit moaning that they want to snipe for the ribbons or want to cloak for the spot ability.

Back
Top Bottom