Resident Evil 5 (PS3/360)

Re: Resident Evil 5 FIRST SCREENS! (PS3/XBOX 360!)

Amazing graphics...

screenshot_198618.jpg

screenshot_198615.jpg

screenshot_198616.jpg

screenshot_198609.jpg

Your PSN ID just made me lol. :lol:

This does look amazing, I only wish I could get my hands on it this year. But saying that I do think it will be worth the wait.

@ MJ,

what the f$%k is that monster in your avatar?!

Read a preview on eurogamer, said capcom have added white people to the zombies to lessen the possible "Racial" problems. I think that really sucks, after all you're in dark afrika, how many white people would be there?! *sigh*

Maybe they're Christian aid workers?

I think the racist kick off was well out of order and totally hypocritical. No one batted an eye lid at Resi 4.

And i bet not one black man or woman actually objected to Resi 4 ... it was some old white bitch with nothing better to do.

I played a demo of this last night and its very good

Everything looks and moves very realistically, including shooting people in certain parts they react to where they have been shot. I had a guy tumble down the stair because i shot him in the leg and it gave way :LOL:

Other than that its just like a resi game, the demo levels weren't very creepy/atmospheric though but there was only 2 anyway

The graphics are brilliant as well

I forgot to say it has split screen co-op as well, but for some reason it isn't the whole top half or one side each its two small boxes in the middle of the screen overlapping :LOL:

I don't think your allowed to

but when people do find it here is the easiest way to burn it and get it running

1) When you have downloaded, unrar the 'Content' folder to place you can find it.
2) Next, stick a CD-R in your burner, and load ImgBurn, select the write files/folders to a disc option on the top right of the startup screen.
3) Choose the folder button on the side of the 'source' box, browse to the 'Content' folder on your hard drive, and click OK.
4) You will get a box pop up saying you only selected one folder, blah, blah - choose NO.
5) You then get another box about the root directory of the disc, choose YES.
6)The disc will burn, when finished, stick it in your 360, and it will appear as 'mixed media', scroll to the 'Games' tab and it will appear at the top of the list. Press A and off you go...

and it works with a CDR and non modded consoles

Im a bit stuck. I have followed all your intructions coopz and it shows as mixed media but I aint got no option to play it.

I just sent you a PM mate saying this

Once it shows mixed media you go to your games library and you will see some Jap writing in there and that's the demo

I tried the coop mode with my brother.
It's very hard or we're very "not good". You don't know where to go !

Instructions to burn and play

You don't have to have a modded console to play this game, it'll work on any. Just download the files and unrar everything as normal. You should be left with a folder called "0000000000000000". Create a new folder called "content" and stick the folder called "0000000000000000" inside it. Now simply use a program such as Nero to make a data cd and burn the folder called "content" you just made onto a blank CD (any type should do). Now just place the CD into your 360 and navigate to your games library. In the Demos section you should now see Resident Evil 5 listed (it'll be in Japanese writing). Select it and the demo will boot.

True, the graphics are great and it seems like a good game. The shooting is still as awful as previous resident evils though. Don't think I'm going to be buying this. Feels really awkward.

The shooting is good, it's the character movements that suck. No lateral movement, no movement at all while aiming in fact !
I like the demo but there's a big gap with the fast gameplay of Dead Space.

4 years for "that" seem unreal.

i downloaded this on friday with my japanese 360 account. It feels clunky and and the A.I co-op is BS. I dont want to babysit a CPU character. She screws up, dies and then game over.

Wish Capcom would of excluded her from single player game. Running and being able shoot at the same time should be standard these days.

Also I swear the controls in Resi 4 for the GC were better. No new animations from a last gen game sucks!!

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice demo. Just not as good as I thought I would be.

The shooting is good, it's the character movements that suck.

Yeah what I meant was the whole shooting mechanics are poor, which includes player movements/sights etc. There is no aim down the sight and it feels really awkward aiming over the shoulder. It just feels unnatural.

I know it was never meant to be an FPS but there should have been an option to switch between FPS and third person if you wanted to. Like Oblivion/Fallout 3.

Last edited:
Downloaded the demo today. Looks very nice, only wish the controls/movement was better. I don't mind so much not aiming down the sight but I do mind not being able to move while aiming.

Demo was totally crap. Uninspiring gameplay and maps. Not aiming while moving is one of the most prehistoric things I've seen in a game lately. Graphics are nice, but not as impressive as I thought. Managing inventory without pausing the game is crap.

The only good thing may be co-op, I'll try tonight with a friend.

No aiming while moving? Game breaker for me, completely rubbish idea not to have that, it should be standard.

No purchase.

you have to stand still and then turn ti aim/shoot so you leave your back and sides completely open to attack. and with the dumb camera right up your arse you have no idea what's behind you.

I tried the 2nd area of the demo and it was a bit better but the controls are still very stiff and slow and the aiming is horrible. All they had to do was copy Gears 3rd person gameplay but they seemed to copy a tank driving game.

I think its suppose to be like that to create suspense or something. I love it anyway RE4 is one of my favourite games ever and this seems to be more of the same but with better graphics.

Back
Top Bottom