Rescue PES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaaEG

Crunching
29 September 2007
http://rescue-pes.de.vu/

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/11/rescue-pes-campaign.html
I just received an e-mail from a Benjamin, a viewer based in Germany who has just notified me about their campaign entitled "Rescue PES". Many fans in Germany are quite disappointed in the latest development of Pro Evolution Soccer, not only because of the online-problems but because of major changes that aren't positive ones in our opinion. The cancellation of the 2 vs 2 online mode is only one of many points we criticise about PES 2008.

You can find out more about their campaign on their website. If you're not happy about anything in the latest installment of PES then they encourage you to sign up.

And you will be the fool who goes out to buy the game and drinks Seabass's bullshit, lies. They said Pes2008 would bet he best PC sports games EVER! Which is why I rushed out to get this game! Only to be played a fool again. So unless I see it get unbiased good ratings (i.e. non from IGN!) then I may get it but knowiung Seabass it will be the exact same shit!

I know this ain't the place for comparing the two games, but having played the latest FIFA a couple of games there really ain't no reason to "save" PES in the sense on making it the best soccer game AGAIN. FIFA is nowhere near. It was worse than last year and it does not feel like football. Doesn't have the feel. Yeah it's a nice thing that you have to pass very much to create chances but all the goals are just puffs from close range that the goalie can't hold. It makes no difference if you play with O'Shea or Ronaldo.

PES 2008 has issues that's for sure. But most of them are dating back to PES5 at least. The problem nowadays is that Konami releases a game or two every year (I mean PES or WE) and they don't have the time to make the game good. Then there is the problem if they even want to make it "perfect". Otherwise they'd have a hard time making it better next year. There hasn'´t been ANY new to play in PES since PES4 when they implemented the full leagues. That is a shame. But I really hope they prove me wrong and PES2009 is a masterpiece.

I do enjoy myself playing this years edition. Even with it's flaws. And the patchmakers are going to make it better.

mate. FIFA08 is way better game in terms of simulation than PES2008 will ever be

i damn Konami for having me install FIFA after 10 years

after pes5, every Konami game was a step backward

on the other hand, FIFA moves with gigantic leaps:applause: so current gen pc version is very solid game, and FIFA08 next gen is f...in great game :shock:

so thats way, we have to save PES cause its going in total wrong way, its becoming arcade crap, and fifa is coming to simulation

who would say that would happen few years ago???:shock::shock::shock:

fu.k Seabbass! :x:

i do not see the point.
it´s the first time a pes comes to a so called "next gen" console.
we have a solid game with very good sounds, very good animations and a superb a.i. -ok the online- mode may be a problem (didn´t test it yet) but playing a ml with two players in the same team against top player cpu is soo exciting!
so, everybody is able to play his/ her pes 08 on his/ her ps3 x360 whatsoever.
now we have a solid base for upcoming titels.

...and no, why do you think fifa08 is good? because it´s slow?

so current gen pc version is very solid game
I played all FIFAs since the ICE AGE and this one is the worst!! Actually all FIFAs suck but this one made me drop the idea of playing FIFA this year!

current gen pc version is very solid game

Mate. You're wrong. FIFA 08 PC version is shit, and when i say it, i mean it's the worst soccer game I ever played. Install FIFA 06 and you'll see the same stuff as now. As for FIFA 08 next-gen version, yes, i think it's improved, and if KONAMI don't release a 9.2 (or better) rating game next year, they're going down fast.

I agree.... I played FIFA08, and omg what a terrible piece of shit! Its absolutely crap, the graphics have become worse, the gameplay is the same forever, and its sucks so bad. I'm glad I play PES2008

whats better in fifa?

a lots of stuff regrading reality of game

whats better in fifa:

-you need to build an action to score, no easy pes goals in 2-3 passes and shooting
-better goalkeepers
-better optimized star players who are not aliens like in pes
-no LAG online
-stupid "walls" when You cant reach opponent player when he is makin throw in
-no 90% deflections from keepers to attackers
-no PES unreal speed, FIFAs gameplay and pace so much closer to real life
-skiing tackling
-manual through balls
-moving walls and moving goalkeepers during free kicks
-air fight, both players can position themselves, even both can miss ball
-no random ball deflections in fights
-every part of body is that part, when You kick opponent in balls he comes down in pain, handball is handball
-goalkeeper is not protected in air balls like in pes, when You cant jump on goalkeepers
-better collision system by miles
-whole atmosfere of game, stadiums, commentary and fans (not important really)
-players are really holding their positions, no stupid AI moves like in pes
-players try to catch balls, make blocks, move their legs when your oponennt is shooting/passing
-gameplay easy editable, even ball phsyics

whats better in pes:
-response of game
-shooting but Im getting better and better each day in FIFA
-more detailed player charateristics
-supercancel
-graphics (doesnt really matter)

I would like to have constructive argument, Im no fanboy, this is my first fifa since 1998, stupid Konami is guilty for this stuff :roll:

edit: I dont play AI never, im only interested in human fights, online mostly

Last edited:
Yeah, you're talking about next-gen, because "FIFA better goalkeepers" WTF? PC version goalkeepers are as buggy as it can be possible

Here is my opinion in BOLD about PC FIFA:
whats better in fifa?

a lots of stuff regrading reality of game

whats better in fifa:

-you need to build an action to score, no easy pes goals in 2-3 passes and shooting - I can make a long ball or lob through pass and my player goes 1on1 vs the keeper
-better goalkeepers - They are like super man they even catch the most strong shots easily
-better optimized star players who are not aliens like in pes - Never heard of any optimizations

-stupid "walls" when You cant reach opponent player when he is makin throw in - I take that as something in PES and I don't think it is something to cry for
-no 90% deflections from keepers to attackers - Due to Super Man GKs and I haven't noticed such high ratio in PES anyway
-no PES unreal speed, FIFAs gameplay and pace so much closer to real life - That's your opinion. Mine is quite the opposite.
-skiing tackling - !!
-manual through balls - Not to cry for
-moving walls and moving goalkeepers during free kicks - Very slight improvement
-air fight, both players can position themselves, even both can miss ball - Not that good in FIFA and you can do this in PES
-no random ball deflections in fights - Yea the game gives the ball to whom ever it wishes
-every part of body is that part, when You kick opponent in balls he comes down in pain, handball is handball - handballs are quite stupid in fifa players act like stupid amateurs and they don't know how to avoid handballs
-goalkeeper is not protected in air balls like in pes, when You cant jump on goalkeepers - For PC version this is quite the opposite. Super man GKs won't let you take the ball
-better collision system by miles Both suck
-whole atmosfere of game, stadiums, commentary and fans (not important really) - Yup a little bit
-players are really holding their positions, no stupid AI moves like in pes - I have seen henry in defense many times...weird
-players try to catch balls, make blocks, move their legs when your oponennt is shooting/passing - Not efficient PES has it too
-gameplay easy editable, even ball phsyics Never seen something good out of this

Wow, people are seriously insane. Does anyone really think that a petition or some stupid fan crying to Konami is going to make them magically put out a new version of PES tomorrow? Seriously?

No.

Konami is now working on PES 2009. If you don't like 08, that is fine - don't play it. But seriously quit making stupid ass threads like "OMG Konami broke something!!!1111!!one"

Wow, people are seriously insane. Does anyone really think that a petition or some stupid fan crying to Konami is going to make them magically put out a new version of PES tomorrow? Seriously?

No.

Konami is now working on PES 2009. If you don't like 08, that is fine - don't play it. But seriously quit making stupid ass threads like "OMG Konami broke something!!!1111!!one"
I agree and I don't care really but it is fun nonetheless. :D

I love the whole 'FIFA has come along leaps and bounds the last couple of years'. Yes, no shit! But only because it had room to do so, as it was previously a piece of crap! The fact is, since the early ISS days Konami's game has been incredible (gameplay), yet people expect that it is possible to keep making it much better each year. It doesn't work like that. E.G. Now processor speed has basically reached a plateau, all that we do is stick about 4 cores together and call it progress.

All EA did was steal Konami's gameplay (and control scheme etc.! lol) and stick it with their licenses. That shouldn't be commended, in fact it shouldn't be allowed. It's blatent robbery.

robbery is that Konami sold us unfinished game

You are blind if You dont see that

EA has a vision, Konami is lost, sad but true

and another thing

EA steals from Konami...:shock:...maybe some good stuff, but they added numeorous other good stuff invented by them...own ball psyhics, body parts, much more advanced AI...

and proccesor speed...LOOOOL...mate try some other games, soccer games are just a laugh at other games possibilites...and yes, on todays average PCs

" EA has a vision " ? Yes . Same as Gordon Brown " has a vision " . To rip us off .

PES 2008 is DIFFERENT this year . That doesn't make it bad . Sure it needs some improvements but they'll come soon enough . And it's still way better that FIFA .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom