IRELAND thread

Re: Ireland Thread (Come on you Boys in Green)

1339359453861zucfd.gif

cereal-guy-cuspindo.jpg

Oh, guys, topics of national teams is slowly turning into topics about girls at Euro 2012, the topics of Russia, Denmark and Ireland are already occupied. :BLUSH: I hope the next will be Ukraine. :D

But back to topic, I can say that compared to the first match of this matchday this match was just a masterpiece. So many interesting points and strokes, for every taste and color. But however this was not a match, I did today was very upset, because I was hoping on win of "The Boys in Green", that simply could not believe it when the score was already 3-1 in favor of Croatia. But lucky to the strongest, Croats today really looked better than Ireland. One can only hope that Ireland will be able to recruit at least 4 points in two games as you have really very attractive team, but it will be very difficult, given that Italy and Spain are two of the last World championship, but still, good luck to you guys with green island!

Looks like Shrek has already unloaded on her moosh...

we still have the best fans in europe,amazing the last 10mins with the fields of athenry booming out. Totally outclassed again(weve been the worst team in the euros) but theres no shame losing to spain like that,hopefully now we get rid of Trap and start again for the world cup qualifiers,youll never beat beat the irish!

+1 Respect to Irish Fans. ;)

I hope you "will louder slap of the door" on this tournament, large beating Italy. Good Luck!

I fully expect Ireland to put on their best performance against Italy in the final game where they'll play with no pressure and only for their pride.

Italy will have a tougher time against Ireland than the other two teams did I think.

Oh my! Hats off to Irish supporters indeed.

It was always going to be an impossible mission to hold the Spanish attacks, but when you look at the manner the goals were conceded it must be all the more aggrieving...

I think those guys will want to save some face and put a hell of a fight against Italy (at least they should with that kind of support they get). Will be interesting to see.

Congrats to the Irish supporters but also their players, they played hard but never dirty against a colossal opponent.

great fans , shite team .

I was just about to post words to that effect , though slightly more diplomatic.

Although every team's fans deserve credit. No one are the best fans in the world. It's a spurious argument.

Unsurprising result considering some of the players are Championship standard. Then again association football is still not the pre-eminent sport in Ireland.

Thought Trappatoni should have given young Sean Murray a chance over Paul Green.

Murray if he keeps on developing is a very exciting prospect and excellent set piece taker. Watford born and bred and idealy we'd like to keep him hidden away as Abu Dhabi United tried to steal him a season ago.

I watched Ireland's u20's last summer against Spain and he was not overmatched at all.

Fields of Athenry

... Even the German speaker was quiet for several minutes. That was amazing !!!

Last edited:

The performance at this tournament has been embarrassing.

A great number of the Irish traveling support care more about getting the craic up and having a few drinks than seeing good football. That's the sad truth.

The uproar back in Ireland over these comments shows how easily led and misguided the Irish public is when it comes to football.

YouTube - Roy Keane post match reaction Ireland vs Spain Euro 2012

How does a player like Coleman not even make the squad, Shane Long barely sees a minute, and Glenn Whelan starts every match?

The performance at this tournament has been embarrassing.

A great number of the Irish traveling support care more about getting the craic up and having a few drinks than seeing good football. That's the sad truth.

The uproar back in Ireland over these comments shows how easily led and misguided the Irish public is when it comes to football.

YouTube - Roy Keane post match reaction Ireland vs Spain Euro 2012

How does a player like Coleman not even make the squad, Shane Long barely sees a minute, and Glenn Whelan starts every match?

Coleman is a mystery. Did he fall out with Trappatoni before ? Long behind Cox ?

Also taking Sean Murray would have offered more on the flank and in midfield than Green. The boy is quality especially at set pieces.

Irish fans deserve total respect for singing with such heart and soul while their team is 4 down

Back
Top Bottom