Replays are too fast!

ToaTheBoa

League 2
2 August 2005
Bergen, Norway
Brann
Game runs smooth, but during replays and setups for corners and freekicks everything runs way too fast. Any ideas?

I use ATI 3870 on LCD TV. 1360x768, LB on, Vsync On.

Well ill take adventage of this topic and ask a litle question ... the frames skippin has to be ticked or unticcked ?

Yeah, it seems that frame skip off and vsync on messes it up. The replays and corners I believe are 30fps instead of 60fps, and vsync tries to force 60fps I believe, so everything goes double speed. So either both frameskip and vsync need to be on or both off.

mate let me just say this i dont know what the fuck konami has done but on rainy days the gameplay is good but on fine days its slow please someone call seabass here to the forums im getting sick of messing around with settings

What a rediculous bug/issue this is...

How did it ever get through beta?

I need to run vsync otherwise I get screen tearing (as i've always done on every PC version of PES) but can't as it makes freekicks/corners unplayable and replays are on double speed but I can't turn on frame skipping to fix it as that makes the normal framerate go to 15 or something.

At the moment this game is a joke.

Last edited:
This has been discussed in a few other threads before. You might find various problems as you change settings..this is my experience:

v-sync off, frame skipping off - game runs smooth and correct speed, but with screen tearing..
v-sync on, frame skipping off - no screen tearing, but cut-scenes, corners, free kicks etc. are far too fast (unplayable)
v-sync on, frame skipping on - no screen tearing, but everything is much faster than it should be..

Unlike every other PC game I have EVER played, for some bewildering reason Konami seem to have bound the game speed to the monitor refresh rate. I needed a 60hz refresh rate.

If in another application you have forced the refresh rate of your monitor higher than 60hz, PES2009 seems to run too fast or badly.

Please try Frame Skipping on, Vsync on, 60HZ.

Hope this helps.

the game is too fast

i play on frameskipping vsync off thats the default

you can put vsync on in nvidia properties

but still trhe game is strange on summer fine weathers where it is slow

and on rainy winter mode its fast and good enough

This has been discussed in a few other threads before. You might find various problems as you change settings..this is my experience:

v-sync off, frame skipping off - game runs smooth and correct speed, but with screen tearing..
v-sync on, frame skipping off - no screen tearing, but cut-scenes, corners, free kicks etc. are far too fast (unplayable)
v-sync on, frame skipping on - no screen tearing, but everything is much faster than it should be..

Unlike every other PC game I have EVER played, for some bewildering reason Konami seem to have bound the game speed to the monitor refresh rate. I needed a 60hz refresh rate.

If in another application you have forced the refresh rate of your monitor higher than 60hz, PES2009 seems to run too fast or badly.

Hope this helps.

I did mention all those combos in my post and they were all unacceptable.

However i've just fixed it by rolling back to 8.8 Cat's and having v-sync/frame skipping off. :)

Great. It's crazy how much mucking around is required on different systems..

Guys, use the original settings file ,and tick both frameskip and V-sync, it works for me as a charm

Regards

PS: GFX EVGA 8800GTX 768 MB KO ACS3
Nvidia Driver 7.15.11.7813

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom