1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Regional precedence on PC

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS' started by beachryan, 9 June 2011.

1. beachryan

beachryan Golden Boot Winner

4 July 2003
    Bermuda
    Random q - does anyone know if the PC versions of PES in the past have been region locked? I've been a happy UK gamer but am moving to the states, wondering if I'll be able to get the new version in the UK, or have to wait til it eventually comes out in the states.

2. StayingPower

StayingPower Premiership

2 April 2006
    Houston
    Manchester United
    From what I recall of the 2011 release, it came out right about the same time as the UK release, give or take a few days.

3. Evil Heat

Evil Heat Serie A

18 November 2009
    Newry
    As far as I'm aware it's only DVD films that are region locked, games should be fine.

4. beachryan

beachryan Golden Boot Winner

4 July 2003
    Bermuda
    Great, cheers :) !

5. relentlaz

relentlaz Non-League

15 June 2011
    No it's never been region locked for the PC. You can buy the UK version and play it in the states. That's what a lot of us have been doing.

6. pavlekocev25

pavlekocev25 Non-League

15 June 2011
    I haven't encountered a game that was region locked before, so I think you should be OK

7. CalcioCalabrese

CalcioCalabrese Weekend warrior

29 November 2010
    Australia
    Adelaide United
    Nice to know...I was going to buy the game on PC from the UK Konami store for 14.99 pounds which works out to roughly $22 Australian. The stores here are still trying to charge $50 for the DVD copy...

8. relentlaz

relentlaz Non-League

15 June 2011
    You can always digitally buy and download it too you know. It's very convinient.