Regarding the Off Topic forum or lack thereof...

I love you too Danwin. Juventus11 - CW let him back, and even gave him an apology, which we're all really happy about - it takes a lot to do that.

A very good deed has been done here, thank you CW - getting back to the subject of the thread though, just out of interest, is there even a very slight chance of OT returning? I'm still of the belief that any troublemakers or deliberate flamers can be modded out, leaving the section inhabitable by all... I'm just interested to see if it could theoretically ever be brought back.

Chris Davies said:
A very good deed has been done here, thank you CW - getting back to the subject of the thread though, just out of interest, is there even a very slight chance of OT returning? I'm still of the belief that any troublemakers or deliberate flamers can be modded out, leaving the section inhabitable by all... I'm just interested to see if it could theoretically ever be brought back.

I can state that OT will not be returning anytime in the near future, I think our current selection of forums is enough to accomodate most tastes

CWright said:
I can state that OT will not be returning anytime in the near future, I think our current selection of forums is enough to accomodate most tastes

Hahaha, that sentence sounds like you've copied and pasted it from the "How to deal with unsatisfied customers" book. If such a book existed.
Chris, you should get a job as an answering machine message. :thumbup:

Please feel free to reply with "John, you should get a job."

I'm willing to do a trade.
Ban me and let grim back in. It's the right thing to do. He loves this place and I've had enough of it.
However much you hate grim, surely you hate me more?

This is crazy, this is the lowest you Admins could have went, surely there was another way around sorting this out, this was just a quick fix in trying to get rid of 'the bad, non-Pes playing" members.

GG its been said before that the reason OT went was that it was impossable to Mod

Now OT has gone this place is alot easier to mod and it has nothing to do with disliking anyone

I do think there would be a better balance for an off-topic now, with the creation of the new forums. I do find it very disapointing that we will have to lose topics of the calibur of Ever Wondered, Hutch Drawings, Praise Jesus, GG Interviews... as there is no place for it on the site. Granted there ha been a lot of shit posted in off-topic, but I don't for one second believe it is impossible to moderate considering every forum has an off-topic section, and i'm sure some of our more experienced members would be prepaired to step forward and moderate her. So admins, don't let off-topic die, it's part of evo-web's history and it's part of what seperated it from other forums.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
Those topics though, they aren't lost, they're still there to view. They haven't been used in a long time in most cases, so what difference does it make?

Yes we had some excellent ones and some underdogs that were class, like juventus11's McDonalds one.

CWright said:
It was mildly amusing most of the time but recently it had become the bane of the site, a few reasonable questions were never answered and then turned into flaming.
I agree with you on this, but I don't agree with what was the reason behind the problem. I think it was caused, more than anything else, by the lack of moderation.

CWright said:
It was an impossible place to moderate as there were no real rules on what could be posted and therefore 99% of topics went to shit.
It was impossible to moderate as there were no rules? Well, then why not make some? If you made some then surely it would be easier to moderate it, right? Heck, you could just make one major rule, which could be 'no bs' and then lock up any threads that were clearly pure bs, like for instance the ones with the lyrics of Bohemian Rhapsody. This would need intelligent moderators, who could tell the difference between GunnerGlory and Cal-Neva's comedy and just pure spam and/or bs, but I think you've got plenty of intelligent posters lurking about here, so I can't see how that's a problem either.

CWright said:
There wasnt really a thread on it because we have all moved on and accepted it.
Clearly not all of us have moved on, though.

babs said:
Generally the only reason a thread is deleted is because the content of it is totally unacceptable or mindless trolling. There's no point in keeping it. If it's the case and people ask then we'll tell them why.
Yeah, I can see the pros of deleting unwanted content, but I just feel that by deleting things you are peeing on one of the most important rights a forum user has: His posts/threads. Plus this Stalinistic form of control often confuses people, and it generally causes paranoia.
Sure, I can see that if you have 20 new threads that are all pure bs, you really would like to just delete them all, but this just isn't on, imo. You could delete them after having them locked for a few days, but deleting them straight away is unfair towards pretty much anyone implicated. People have a right to know what's going on.

babs said:
If it was moderated as heavily as say PESFan, do you think it would still be as funny? We've tried heavy moderating before, it doesn't work properly. User A posts something 'risqué', admins warn, more stuff posted, admins ban, rest of Users complain and demand banned user is allowed back, eventually banned User is back.
I actually think PESFan is moderated much better than Evo-Web, nowadays. The PESFan mods normally don't just delete stuff, they tend more to let people see what went on so they can form their own opinions on the matters.

I'm not sure where the belief that we delete loads of stuff comes from, it's always a last resort here too. As I say, anything with content that's totally unacceptable goes, otherwise it's normally locked.

No BS is an almost impossible rule to stick to, what's funny to one person is BS to another. Letting certain people post it and not others because you haven't known them as long, surely that's just as bad if not worse than deleting something? One rule for one, another for others is much worse if you ask me. If you're going to have rules they have to be consistent across the board or they might as well not be there.

Big thanks to Chris Davies and the others that contributed to having me unbanned, though I didn't even realise I had been banned, thanks again to you all.

I miss off-topic. Seriously. There's nowhere to just chat and get to know each other without the threat of being banned, I don't feel this is healthy for a community. :( (and I never use smilies)

Yeah, its total bollocks, there's no place to put any ideas of your own, no room for creativity or individuality, not what we should be about at all. Its a total disgrace. I don't know what kind of mindframe you guys are in where all you want is stupid tidbits of info from around the world. Please bring off-topic back.

I want another caption competition thread... And an "Off-Topic" thread (well, it would be easier to mod than a whole forum)... :(

Oh God, I want somewhere to put random crap (the current one being "oh my GOD, stale Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes are disgusting!!") :(

Last edited:
Random Crap is Entertaining. Random Crap should go in the Entertainment Forum.

Problem Solved.

I should be President of the World.

_40793809_lipstick300x220.jpg

Last edited:
smango said:
Wonder what cleverpetey had to say?
I just wanted to put in some more. :)

See my next post for what i wrote and then some. if you were hoping for some flaming you'll be disappointed, though. I don't do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom