1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Reduce filesize of PDF file on mac

Discussion in 'Technology' started by RoSmecher, 3 March 2010.

1. RoSmecher

RoSmecher Guest

Good Evening,
    I’m looking for a way or software for the mac that allows me to reduce the size of PDF files. If this was windows I know of many solutions, however the pc I am working on at work is a mac. Basically whenever I make a pdf of several images like 7 of them, the file size is around 22 MB and I can’t send that in an email.
    What would be a way to reduce the file size of pdf files? Without purchasing Acrobat 9, because the mac computer at work does not meet the minimum requirements.
    Thank you for your time and help as soon as you can please.

2. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
  3. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    A trick I use is to make the pdf as you say (22mb) and then choose to print the pdf as a ....pdf. You should be able to choose quality, papersize and have it come it at a reasonable size.