1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Red Sox win World Series!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Jabber, 28 October 2004.

1. Jabber

Jabber Guest

Common!

Was fantastic, just finished watchin it, firstly to come back to win the yankees after goin 3-0 down which had never been done before, now doin a 4 game sweep over the best team in the major leauges, just completely awsome.

Lowe with another fantastic show on the mound with a 7 inning shut out, I'm just completely content atm, even alcohol don't make yu feel like this. :D

Curse of the bambino has finally been lifted so onwards and upwards from now on. :)

If you don't follow baseball and you've no idea what I'm on about don't post sayin things like WTF!?!, eh? etc

If you do and know exactly what I'm on about, post your thoughts etc.

RED SOX WIN WORLD SERIES! (Just had to say it 1 more time)

2. Ashed

Ashed 01000001011100110110100

29 January 2003
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Manchester United
    Is it just me or are the teams that win the World Series never the same every year? Some of the teams go on to win it and the next year are no where in sight to make it to the Playoffs. :confused:

3. Y2K_89

Y2K_89 Guest

Yup. Anaheim Angels won the 2002 World Series but not really challenging......

4. Fred_Gavioes

Fred_Gavioes Brazilian showman

19 February 2003
    Lowell/Massachusetts/USA
    CORINTHIANS and BRASIL
    after 86 yrs, i almost had an heart attack, i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee everyone, now cant wait for the parade, i think everyone will be absent at school. huuauahua

5. Metallica

Metallica Whoosh... Bullshit!

20 August 2003
    Pissed up in Sam Platt's
    Come on Giants!!

6. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    yes but this what makes it so great....

7. gunnerglory

gunnerglory Guest

Well done Boston. The Empire State Building switched its top lights to Red and White last night.

8. Jabber

Jabber Guest

Didn't know that, very nice sentiment.

9. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    what? are you shitting me? I have to see that to beleive that....

10. gunnerglory

gunnerglory Guest

I'm serious. Obviously not everyone in New York hates Boston!

Also, Boston receives their rings and have a ceremony in their home opener next season, who are they playing in their home opener? Yankees! They have to be there to see them get their rings, talk about rubbing it in! (I'm a Yankees fan by the way, but its nice to see them lose now and again!)

11. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    Anyone catch the Yankees vs Sox last night Mr Randy Johnson was very impressive!

12. widget_man

widget_man Non-League

2 June 2003
    the reason red sox won was because dropkick murphys tessie was there theme tune.

13. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Guest

the world series??? did i miss something? what nations took part?