Red Dead Redemption [PC/PS3/360]

Re: Red Dead Redemption - Old West GTA Stylee!

Well from the press release it sounds like it's silly manipulation by Take Two to get maximum day one sales, ie moving it away from other AAA titles such as Splinter Cell etc. etc.

Update: Speaking on the delay during the call, Take-Two explained that the revised date provides it with a "better release window" and "more time to market" the title.

Suited tossers.

Update 2: The official Red Dead Redemption site adds that "these extra few weeks will make a big difference in helping us deliver you an experience beyond your expectations," as "we at Rockstar have always prided ourselves on the uncompromising quality of our games - and will always opt to take a bit longer to polish and fine-tune a game to be as perfect as possible when we think it necessary."

At least they care about the gamers........

I actually thought Splinter Cell had been put back to June. So there's another title to look forward to next month. Exciting year for games.

I don't think much of Take Two's marketing department if they only just learned that other games are going to be released in April.......

No it's April 15th for Splinter Cell (well still according to its wiki page)

Yeah it's shaping up to easily be the game of 2010 for anyone who likes sandbox games, cannot wait. Still waiting for word on the MP, might end up buying a 2nd online 360 so the wife and I can play the MP together :)

Great trailer. I'm glad things are shaping up that well. The map is bigger than we thought initially, I'm one of those that will spend HOURS just going from point A to point B only for the sake of it.

Me and some friends are going to premiere the game together. It's something we do once or twice a year, when special games appear. We all meet and play the game in turns for the first time. It's a great laugh and we are all absolute fanatics of westerns, the good ones (Peckinpah, Leone, Ford, Eastwood...) but even the likes of Django!

The good thing about the delay is that we'll be moved to the new apartment and depending on finances I may be playing it on a projector with 5.1 amplified sound :)

My only concern is that the videos are all so amazing, will the game as a whole be on par with these videos?

I truly hope so, this game looks like a dream come true...

Good point. I have high hopes for this game. It's really the type of game I need since I am an old western movie flicks type guy. I hope all the pieces mesh together nicely in this game. I really do.

I hope they polished the engine so it can keep over 30 fps constantly. Judging by most videos it is the same as GTA 4, fps drops a lot from time to time. Wouldn't be a problem if it was a PC release too, but now we're stuck with 15-30 fps.

Love the sounds, animations, models and general mood of this game. I don't mind the somewhat low res textures, because everything else makes up for it. Will be interested to see their implementation of Euphoria and how it has been improved from when they used it in GTA 4. If you touched someone in GTA 4, so that Euphoria kicked in, it was like they turned blind and deaf. Stumbling around very unrealistically. Judging by the videos it looks amazing when shooting people and animals though.

Yup shooting people looks incredible, ordinarily I'd be a nice peace loving Marshall in the game but they make it so much fun to shoot people I might just have to ;)

Yeah it's shaping up to easily be the game of 2010 for anyone who likes sandbox games, cannot wait. Still waiting for word on the MP, might end up buying a 2nd online 360 so the wife and I can play the MP together :)

scuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by a sandbox game?

I thought this was a huge world that you could travel about?

Sandbox = go anywhere, do anything, do what you want when you want basically :)

Watching "The man who shot liberty valance" again tonight. I wish a mission could be played in black and white.

Mmmm, that's a great idea in fact, I'm sure I'm going to do it sometime!

I hope it truly is Sandbox and your not forced into stories, the vid's look great and the warnings make it sound like it will have some very mature content...

I'll love being the man with no name, wonder if you can shoot down men being hung, TGTBATU style...

I'll love being the man with no name, wonder if you can shoot down men being hung, TGTBATU style...

I'm pretty confident you can, Rockstar won't miss this in a western. Off-topic, but in one of those satellite myth busters type show, I aknowledged that actually that can't be done in real life, at least with the gunes they had at that time. The bullet will get deflected when touching the rope, and at much, you can cut some of the fibres, but no way you can cut a rope with a bullet, even firing it from 1 meter away.

That's why movies are great.

The multiplayer looks just as good as the single player!

Back
Top Bottom