Red Dead Redemption 2

Meh. The setting and storylines just dont do it for me...I found Red Dead 1 a slog in the end.

I will definitely pick this up and I dont doubt it will be an incredible experience. I just dont think I care enough about any of the characters.

So the pre-load version is 1.02 and we're all waiting on the "day one" 1.03 update, technically it's officially launched now but I guess they're working on US time?

You can start the story without signing into the Social Club, what difference does it make signing in

There's a good bundle deal going for Xbox One X here with RDR2. I'm tempted if someone can tell me it's worth getting the One X even if I currently only have a 1080p TV :P

Finished chapter 1 last night, was very good but a little frustrating in that you're not free to roam the world on your own until you finish that, but understandable they need to teach you the core mechanics of the game.

Everything was very impressive, visuals, sound, animations, only two one small things that disappointed me:

1. No way to turn off the hit indicator when you shoot someone, never liked this in any game find it arcadey and silly.
2. No iron sights in first person mode, this was a big disappointment and makes first person mode worthless to me :(

Edit: Someone figured it out! Aim down the sights then press down on the d-pad apparently!

Last edited:
Played the first hour or two and I'm a bit underwhelmed. So far I don't like the central protagonist and the controls feel cumbersome. Too many prompts and different button presses and holds for similar actions. Menus seem awkward too. Not comfortable with the way Morgan and the horse move either...

Last edited:
Finished chapter 1 last night, was very good but a little frustrating in that you're not free to roam the world on your own until you finish that, but understandable they need to teach you the core mechanics of the game.

Everything was very impressive, visuals, sound, animations, only two one small things that disappointed me:

1. No way to turn off the hit indicator when you shoot someone, never liked this in any game find it arcadey and silly.
2. No iron sights in first person mode, this was a big disappointment and makes first person mode worthless to me :(

Edit: Someone figured it out! Aim down the sights then press down on the d-pad apparently!
it would be nice to aim down sites in 3rd person view like in MG5

Played the first hour or two and I'm a bit underwhelmed. So far I don't like the central protagonist and the controls feel cumbersome. Too many prompts and different button presses and holds for similar actions. Menus seem awkward too. Not comfortable with the way Morgan and the horse move either...
I know what you mean, I just started as well and I don't like the weapon /item wheel at all. Also, picking up stuff takes a bloody age

It's stunning:

44989629_10217571073207899_4256099336619819008_o.jpg

44673057_10217565294223428_3525205682204704768_o.jpg

44775384_10217570867482756_7589146790432079872_o.jpg

43666954_10217565601231103_4974890494749310976_o.jpg

Have experienced a few bugs though:

The game's a looker but the controls and accessing the weapon/item wheel is are clunky as hell. Not sure I'll get used to pressing X all the time too to move faster. Game feels really heavy and slow, for lack of a better description.

Love it.

Tutorial was pretty slow going, but once in valentine it's amazing. Not done much so far, but loving it.

I find the menus a bit confusing atm, and the top left tips disappear too quick for my slow reading so I've missed a few tips and can't see them in the menus anywhere.

Placebo are u on PS4 or Xbox? I've not seen any bugs like you posted yet.

Back
Top Bottom