Red Dead Redemption 2 [PS4/XB1]

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by bsmaff, 18 October 2016.

1. bsmaff

bsmaff International

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    Which system?

I found a way on Xbox but required downloading the XBOX app to my iPhone.

The App provides the following information:-
    Time Played - 21 hours
    Achieve 100% - 42%
    Complete the story - 47%
    Earn 70% Gold Medals in Story - 7%

+ All achievements you have unlocked.

BobbyBox likes this.
  2. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    La Manga Del Mar Menor, Spain.
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Android version is useless doesn't support my Galaxy S4 :(

Edit: Seems I need Android v6 and I'm using v5 :(

Last edited: 5 November 2018
  3. mfmaxpower

mfmaxpower International

29 July 2010
    Yeah, been meaning to do this. Something that's frustrating for me is that it's not easy to track what ingredients you still need for upgrades/clothes/talismans/etc. I know there's lists online to refer to but that really should've been in-game somehow.

4. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    I just tend to target them one at a time but yeah I guess it'd make sense to do more of them at once to save trips, I don't mind so much though it's just an awesome world to be in! Our PS4 Pro arrives tomorrow so no more sharing one PS4! Probably going to have the PS4 Pro on my computer monitor and the wife have the regular PS4 with the TV, we'll see :)

PRO_TOO likes this.
  5. Shooto

Shooto Champions League

16 April 2002
    Paisley
    They could do a better job with the menus I think.

It's confusing having all maps, cards, etc lumped together in your satchel. Also the pop ups are just too quick or multiple of them. I got about 6 things pop up about robbing a train, no way I'm going to remember all that. I'm sure gta had a kind of history of messages.

Still loving it though. I hunted the snow bison, skinned it and got killed on way back to camp. Thankfully it's not lost forever, the trapper has if when you meet him. I think if that happens you should have to hunt it again though.

6. CalcioCalabrese

CalcioCalabrese Weekend warrior

29 November 2010
    Australia
    Adelaide United
    Ha ha damn! I've seen that movie twice. At the cinema it was incredible.
    I almost got mauled but just made it...we were both bloodied and bruised but I lived to fight another day.

7. CalcioCalabrese

CalcioCalabrese Weekend warrior

29 November 2010
    Australia
    Adelaide United
    Cheers - I did skin it right away.
    I did a quick google search on pelts and there's a couple of gaming sites with guides already.

8. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    I'm on PS4 i have the companion app but can't find hours played? (also looked in game)

It is weird they havn't got all of the stats, I used to enjoy looking through them every now and again with GTA.

I want to know how many deer I have killed, or how many people I have helped/killed etc

Placebo likes this.
  9. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Yeah I wanna see all that stuff as well, at the very least how many hours I've played!

10. reinelt97

reinelt97 League 2

29 September 2007
    Quick question before I saddle up, how does RDR2 compare to the RDR1?

11. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Championship

5 September 2016
    Bigger and better.

Emroth and CalcioCalabrese like this.
  12. chiefrocka4real

chiefrocka4real Champions League

30 August 2013
    Munich
    many :)
    Need to ask again.

Since RDR1 is not out on PS4...
    Do I need to play it before RDR2?
    I mean story-wise...

13. Emroth

Emroth Premiership

18 August 2018
    Ireland
    Not really, no. Its a separate story that develops itself.
    You would, however, be more sunked into the story if you knew the first part as its interesting to see how relations developed from RdR1 to RdR2.
    But the world of RdR2 is so deep and full of characters that it wont take that much of a joy.

chiefrocka4real likes this.
  14. chiefrocka4real

chiefrocka4real Champions League

30 August 2013
    Munich
    many :)
    Alright....thanx a lot :)

Emroth likes this.
  15. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO Team Heffernan

25 May 2003
    Rego Park, Germany
    Team Heffernan
    I was playing both games before but it’s not needed.
    But it adds to the whole, imo. A lot of mysteries still need to be solved from RDR...
    You could watch a RDR recap video to get on track a little, but it’s not needed to fully enjoy RDRII!
    For example:

16. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO Team Heffernan

25 May 2003
    Rego Park, Germany
    Team Heffernan
    Arthur Morgan Is A Better Protagonist Than John Marston

https://www.gameinformer.com/the-vi...gan-is-a-better-protagonist-than-john-marston

17. Emroth

Emroth Premiership

18 August 2018
    Ireland
    Recap is a great idea. It add some fun when you go "oh i know this guy" or "oh i wonder what happend to him!"
    I played (and absolutely loved rdr1) but rdr2 is still a prequel not a sequel so recap should be sufficient.

18. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Championship

5 September 2016
    I hate the clunky-ass gun play in this.:RANT: It's 2018 Rockstar. Time to create a better shooting system for your games.

19. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO Team Heffernan

25 May 2003
    Rego Park, Germany
    Team Heffernan
    But, it helps s lot when you wanna know about JM... what happened before he settled down. Tried to. ;)
    What about Rickets? Why got JE send to Mexico? Whats up with JM scars and what was he like before? Herbert Moon anyone? :)
    I’d like to see these questions to get answered in RDRII!
    So even it is a prequel, I wanna know so much. This western world by Rockstar got me hocked for years!
    Can’t wait to play more. 3 days of holiday left...
    Last night I totally „forgot“ to play some CL matches in PES! Last time I played it was Tuesday; athletico vs dortmund. Quiet some fun 2:1 win. Replayed it at EAs and na, not so much right now.

But let’s go back to the Wild West. Lot of mysteries to be solved, animals to be hunt and a hell lot of fellas to be send to heaven. :)

20. tosser

tosser Conference

10 June 2018
    Had a few drinks last night and did the saloon mission with Lenny and couldn't tell if I was more pissed in the game or in real life, really strange feeling

CalcioCalabrese likes this.
  21. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Championship

5 September 2016
    I think the novelty has worn off because I'm finding the game to be a bit of a slog now.

22. mfmaxpower

mfmaxpower International

29 July 2010
    What's a slog about it? Just play the main character missions nonstop and it's action packed, no?

tosser likes this.
  23. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO Team Heffernan

25 May 2003
    Rego Park, Germany
    Team Heffernan
    What chapter are you playing right now?

24. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Championship

5 September 2016
    Chapter 4. It's action packed I suppose but it just feels like a lot of the missions are a bit samey... Probably doesn't help that I dislike the shooting mechanics.

25. Emroth

Emroth Premiership

18 August 2018
    Ireland
    Whats wrong with shooting mechanics?

26. mfmaxpower

mfmaxpower International

29 July 2010
    Rockstar's known for their crap shooting mechanics and not much has changed. Definitely agree about that. It's pretty disappointing, especially with how superb and advanced the game world is, that they've hardly updating their combat system. Like plenty of others have said, they really should've just adopted the Max Payne combat system for the rest of their games. No idea why they didn't.

Have you adjusted the settings at all? As soon as I booted it up I switched it to free aim and FPS controls, plus adopted this guy's other settings:

I agree combat isn't the best but changing the settings, especially getting off the crazy easy assisted lock ons, has helped me enjoy it more. But yeah, combat isn't Rockstar's strength. I guess instead of trying to address one of their weaknesses, they instead just went all in on what they excel at - world building, immersion, and narrative.

Gunslinger likes this.
  27. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO Team Heffernan

25 May 2003
    Rego Park, Germany
    Team Heffernan
    That’s the settings I am using too! Much better.

28. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Championship

5 September 2016
    Thanks mfmaxpower. Gonna try those settings on the video and see how I get on.

29. Emroth

Emroth Premiership

18 August 2018
    Ireland
    Well i dont know what Rockstar is known for, but i know that RdR1 had one of the best shooting mechanics and physics i have ever played in this kind of game. I used to constantly look for bandits camps just to have some shootouts. Not much have changed here. They even upped their game.
    I adjusted some settings as per people recommendations at the start of the game, so i dont really know how it is on default, but i enjoy it a lot.
    This is not Max Payne or Battlefield. Its open world Third Person Action/Adventure game and shooting is very decent for this sort of game.
    Look at Elder Scrolls for example. They do their games for ages now and fighting mechanism is one of the worst in business. Im never able to play anything else than an archer as sword fights are so shite.
    Kingdom Come Deliverance did better job and they are just a small team from Czech Republic.
    Also, I loved Uncharted series but shooting in there was so damn dull.
    GTAV fucked up on physics and shooting. Granted. It was boring, joyless and shot in the foot was killing a person.

In here i have smoking guns, nice ragdoll physics, body parts flying around and wounded people trying to crawl away, leaving bloody trace. Happy days!

30. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Championship

5 September 2016
    I think shooting system in Uncharted is great. Would serve this game well.

Last edited: 11 November 2018