Red Cards - Should They Be Replaced?

Thats what the red card is for. If it was the players fault for the tackle then he would get a straight red and a sending off.

RuneEdge said:
Thats exactly what I'm saying. Doesnt ayone get it yet?

wait.. it's quite like your idea.. but I don't want a player to be subbed if he's been shown an "orange".. I'd just force him to be sent off for a while.. that's different, cause it will force the team to play one man short for a quarter of an hour..

if an orange took just a forced sub, ancelotti would just say "ok gila, come back then.. I'll send inzaghi on the field.. who the f*** cares about the forced sub when I got inzaghi and vieri ready to go?"

I agree that may be a good idea to try, but imho it won't work properly either with the forced sub or with the short ban..

Actually, your idea is better then. So a red for a sending off but an orange for a 15 min sending off.

Dont change the game, still Rune, a double yellow should still be a punishment for the team. Their fault they cant control their players.

No one's changing the game. Its not like FIFA will read this.
We're just suggesting stuff.

i always thought that having a sin bin situation like they do in rugby...

have a blue card, which removes the player from the team for 15mins

you could still use red for violence and serious tackles

blue for the grey area between yellow and red, and yellow for a normal strong foul.

you could also add that the blue counts as one yellow. so if they get another yellow then they go off...

a red should be a red. i dont think there should be a forced sub because then the team dont suffer. if you get sent off, it should be 10 men... but a sin bin would improve the game i think.

now what about the theory of a revolving subs bench?

So that the whole team doesnt have to suffer for an bad decision eg a player being sent off and costing the team the game.

Yes it is the team's fault, they cant control their players, saying that is just stupid.

So if someone by mistake mistimed a tackle that resulted in a second yellow, that the whole team's fault?
I think thats stupid.

Im not saying the Whole Team as in the players,

Yeah well that basically IS changing the game, not just adding, because poor decsions are a part of football that makes the game fun to watch! Same with goals that dont involve the ball crossing the line, it may make me feel angry to see my team lose at the hands of something like that but its the anger rage and passion of the game that makes me love football, we have to go back to the grass roots and see that this game is about people being bought together.

Ok. I'll change the wording. Its not adding but improving.
Just like how I'm sure you would have liked some new technology introduced to the game to prove Liverpool actually didnt score against Chelsea in the CL..

You're looking at it from a fans point of view. What about the players? If a player lost a penalty decision, it means he lost a good chance to score and possibly some money from a goal bonus he might have in this contract.

See, thats what i mean, todays players are so hyped up about money and fame, not just the game.

RuneEdge said:
But my idea would give you the best of both ideas. Have red cards for sending you off but have a orange card, which is only given for 2 yellows, for a forced substitution.

But that basically allows the advantage of a fresh player to the "Dirtier" team. That's hardly a punishment if you take off a striker on an orange and place him against a tired defense that's behaved well and hs no cards for the last 20 minutes of a game.

But if it took up one of your 3 subs then it doesnt make a difference. Plus if all three subs have been used maybe then it could be a sending off.

Back
Top Bottom