Recreating Barca and Spain football ( Barca 16 + Spain 20 passes with goals )

It's just a shame the animations and passing look so weird on screen.

And also a shame that when someone does that, you can't defend it at all because the passing always goes exactly to the player you want with no fuss.

And also a shame that when someone does that, you can't defend it at all because the passing always goes exactly to the player you want with no fuss.

No it doesnt. Its so easy to misplace the pass to the wrong person and/or have it intercepted.

You should have attached this piece of music to the video and it would have been the cherry on top of that beautiful cake

Play this and watch his video..

YouTube - Benny Hill music video

I did hahahahha
suits perfectly...

@RuneEdge
so not true,if you do 1-2 pass with high ball sent to player running,defender will act retarded even if he could clear out the ball and striker and pass will be perfectly fast/accurate
that is how I have done atleast 100s of volleys in this game...
here take a look what and with who I have scored this goal almost 1 year ago...
YouTube - Kezman 25 m curler goal

@RuneEdge
so not true,if you do 1-2 pass with high ball sent to player running,defender will act retarded even if he could clear out the ball and striker and pass will be perfectly fast/accurate
that is how I have done atleast 100s of volleys in this game...
here take a look what and with who I have scored this goal almost 1 year ago...
Sure everyone can score like that from time to time. But its still not easy. If you tried that a hundred times you'll only succeed in recreating that video maybe 15-20 times, probably less.
You're making it sound as if you can do it every time to try and that you can never lose in PES as long as you know what you're doing.

Now, I know it's not a Fifa vs PEs thread, but I think you would really enjoy a lot playing Fifa all manual, where power and direction are ACTUALLY done by you in its entirety. It's possible to play like that, only slower, but it will take you some time (even weeks) to begin mastering the game and doing nice and REALISTIC plays, even with all its faults and flaws.

Another thread degenerating into a fully manual debate. Nothing against you personally, Drekkard, but some of you need to accept that not everyone wants to play or enjoys playing fully manual. If you want to feel like you are playing as the actual players then PES is the game for you, scripting and all.

I think this is the OP's point. PES made him feel like he was Barcelona. If you think it looks unrealistic fair enough but don't piss on people's parade for enjoying PES for what it is.

Another thread degenerating into a fully manual debate. Nothing against you personally, Drekkard, but some of you need to accept that not everyone wants to play or enjoys playing fully manual. If you want to feel like you are playing as the actual players then PES is the game for you, scripting and all.

I think this is the OP's point. PES made him feel like he was Barcelona. If you think it looks unrealistic fair enough but don't piss on people's parade for enjoying PES for what it is.

Well said pal. It's actually very hard to do what is done in that video,especially on Top Player if thats what it is. Take it from me who has played it to death. I love to play with Valencia, they play some beautiful football and gel perfectly as a team. I can appreciate the Spanish technique influence.

Still doesn't change the fact that it looks completely unrealistic and passes are played that is impossible to pull off. Don't you agree?

Still doesn't change the fact that it looks completely unrealistic and passes are played that is impossible to pull off. Don't you agree?

Completely unrealistic? No, I wouldn't go that far - I think that is unfair - but it's a long way behind Fifa which looks like a game on TV due to the realism of movement and animations. I also think Fifa feels like watching a game on TV as I feel like a spectator and it doesn't involve me the way PES does.

Anyone who actually spends a bit of time with PES2009 will know that not every team can ping about these 'impossible' passes and that's the beauty of the game.

I've never seen Barca play like THAT. Yes they play a lot of 1 touch stuff (which I love to watch) but it's a bit more controlled than that ping pong I've just witnessed.
Not going to argue with anybody but it just ain't for me.

As to the comments about manual on FIFA, I'm getting into it and it actually means something when good build up play is achieved.

PES went to the dogs a while back now and I just don't get why people are so loyal to a piss poor game? Fair enough if it was decent and more realistic.
Each to their own though and this is just my opinion.

Completely unrealistic? No, I wouldn't go that far - I think that is unfair - but it's a long way behind Fifa which looks like a game on TV due to the realism of movement and animations. I also think Fifa feels like watching a game on TV as I feel like a spectator and it doesn't involve me the way PES does.

Anyone who actually spends a bit of time with PES2009 will know that not every team can ping about these 'impossible' passes and that's the beauty of the game.

Couldnt have put that any better.

Just played online for only the second time ever. No lag at all, had some good games apart from I understand about people spamming fast players. None of my mates play like that, neither does the CPU. Was new to me, outplayed them with football anyway. With Spain as well by the way.

You think so? Playing on the hardest difficulty I find teams like Hull and West Brom play the same style of football as Barca. That's not meant to be a bitchy comment, that's just how it is for me. They will go backwards more often granted but their passing is so quick and so accurate that it may as well be Barcelona under new management.

I think FIFA is for the guys who want the very physical (and perhaps very boring) style of play, whereas PES is for the guys who want much more skilful, Barcelonian/Brazilian style play. Unfortunately I think both games have a problem in as much as all the teams seem to play the same way, I don't feel like Brazil are Brazilian in FIFA and I don't feel like Hull are physical enough and sloppy at passing in PES.

Judging from the accuracy of those passes I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it seems like PES has some sort of pass assist. That said, if you employed that style of play online it'd be the exact same thing as ping-pong passing all over the place in FIFA. And if you're familiar with ping-ponging in FIFA, especially online, you'll know that unless you employ the 100% pressure and aggression tactics, be prepared to watch your defenders never even think about sticking a leg out to intercept a single pass.

To the point about playing that way because the game is on top player, you have to realize that the CPU cheats at the highest difficulty and the only way to really get around it is to play in just as ridiculous a manner as the guy in that video. It's the same way in FIFA. Put it on legendary and ping-pong, assisted passing is the only way you're going to stand a chance. It's like playing an FPS, or any game for that matter, on the hardest difficulty. Whatever realism the developers touted before the game's release is out the window as you're basically just going to have to down a couple Red Bulls, take a little speed and see just how quicky you can press those buttons and move that analog stick.

Barcelona do one touch passing but you have GOT to be kidding if you think that looks anything like Barcelona's play, or anything resembling real soccer. It's entirely possible to recreate both Barça and Arsenal's play styles in PES (assuming you can turn off assists) and in FIFA. I've done it before in the latter title.

If it were me it'd just be difficult to reconcile what I was doing in the game (if I were playing like that) with what I see on the pitch every weekend. Simply put, it looks terrible and when a game is marketed and called as sim, that "it's just a videogame" BS really needs to go. That argument doesn't work. You can go ahead an use it if you want but, as has been seen in this thread, be prepared to get torn apart and have that play style called out for what it really is.

For years I'd heard about PES being sooooo much more realistic than FIFA and as much as I've badmouthed the game in the past (FIFA) I'm acutally incredibly happy that it doesn't play as arcadey as that game. And this guy is playing OFFLINE against the CPU.

You think so? Playing on the hardest difficulty I find teams like Hull and West Brom play the same style of football as Barca. That's not meant to be a bitchy comment, that's just how it is for me. They will go backwards more often granted but their passing is so quick and so accurate that it may as well be Barcelona under new management.

I think FIFA is for the guys who want the very physical (and perhaps very boring) style of play, whereas PES is for the guys who want much more skilful, Barcelonian/Brazilian style play. Unfortunately I think both games have a problem in as much as all the teams seem to play the same way, I don't feel like Brazil are Brazilian in FIFA and I don't feel like Hull are physical enough and sloppy at passing in PES.

My point was that you can't play the Barca/Spain style of football with every team in PES because, for instance, a team like Hull doesn't have the passing stats to be able to play as quick and accurate a passing game like in the OP's video. Playing on the hardest difficulty may make the lesser teams play like Barcelona in PES as obviously the CPU cheats and scripts kick-in, but play on legendary in Fifa and even Accrington Stanley play like Brazil 1970. So I don't know what game is worse in this respect. Teams play too similar in both games in my opinion, but more so in Fifa.

Regards physical play: you say that PES doesn't replicate physical play as it should, and I would agree with this in the context of teams not playing their real-life physical playing style, but on an individual level I think PES does phyiscality quite well. Strong players are very effective when jockeying for headers or when shielding the ball and holding up play (the latter is fairly ineffective in Fifa09). It's not what it was in last-gen PES but it's still there.

I generally agree with your view on both games as you said in the FSB podcast: what Fifa does well PES does poorly and vice versa. I definitely find Fifa plays a boring style of play. It's strange because on first impressions Fifa09 looks like the more open, free, organic experience with limitless ways of playing and scoring goals whereas PES2009 looks linear, on rails, restrictive and dated. But after playing both extensively it is the reverse in my opinion. Fifa is about playing the way the game forces you to (crosses and through balls) and searching for the scoring sweetspots (as you can't shoot from range) but PES still gives you the feedom to take on your man 1-on-1, create space and shoot from anywhere. PES is unpredictable like real football and that's why I find it more involving, even if it doesn't have the TV quality presentation.

Fifa is about playing the way the game forces you to (crosses and through balls) and searching for the scoring sweetspots (as you can't shoot from range) but PES still gives you the feedom to take on your man 1-on-1, create space and shoot from anywhere. PES is unpredictable like real football and that's why I find it more involving, even if it doesn't have the TV quality presentation.

Play on manual in FIFA and you ain't forced to do that much at all.

Does manual improve the shooting from range? Does manual allow you to take-on and dribble past players? Both no from my experience.

Haven't been on manual shooting long enough to answer personally but I have seen some screamers on the web.
Don't need manual to take on players. That is possible on all configs... isn't it?
If you are saying you can't go past people then I don't know what to say about that. I'm not a skillful player at all but I've gone past plenty of people and plenty of people have gone past me.

Fifa is about playing the way the game forces you to (crosses and through balls) and searching for the scoring sweetspots (as you can't shoot from range) but PES still gives you the feedom to take on your man 1-on-1, create space and shoot from anywhere. PES is unpredictable like real football and that's why I find it more involving, even if it doesn't have the TV quality presentation.
Great point. This sums up most of how I feel about PES. Most other games (not only FIFA) have a certain way to play thats forced on you where as PES doesnt. That doesnt mean its impossible to play any other way, its just that the game has certain strategies and sweet spots that work every time which then forces you to use those sweet spots if you want any chance of winning.
When playing PES online, I've come across so many different strategies and ways of playing that FIFA cant compete with. For example, you have the "classic" 4-3-3 formation with very wide wingers that constantly use cut backs and stretch your backline.
I've met two players, one using Newcastle and the other using Barca where they both had VERY defensive formations with one lone striker (Etoo or Martins) very far up the field, and they constantly kept throwing long balls over the top during the whole game whilst exploiting their forwards top speed advantage over their defenders. Surprisingly worked well.
You get some players who play to get set pieces and score most of their goals from freekicks and corners, I've played people who pass their way through like the video in this thread, there are some who use the Messi's and the Ibrahimovic's to dribble past the team, the list goes on and on. But you play a game like FIFA and everyone is trying to beat you in the exact same way. PES just has a lot more ways to play the game.

Great point. This sums up most of how I feel about PES. Most other games (not only FIFA) have a certain way to play thats forced on you where as PES doesnt. That doesnt mean its impossible to play any other way, its just that the game has certain strategies and sweet spots that work every time which then forces you to use those sweet spots if you want any chance of winning.
When playing PES online, I've come across so many different strategies and ways of playing that FIFA cant compete with. For example, you have the "classic" 4-3-3 formation with very wide wingers that constantly use cut backs and stretch your backline.
I've met two players, one using Newcastle and the other using Barca where they both had VERY defensive formations with one lone striker (Etoo or Martins) very far up the field, and they constantly kept throwing long balls over the top during the whole game whilst exploiting their forwards top speed advantage over their defenders. Surprisingly worked well.
You get some players who play to get set pieces and score most of their goals from freekicks and corners, I've played people who pass their way through like the video in this thread, there are some who use the Messi's and the Ibrahimovic's to dribble past the team, the list goes on and on. But you play a game like FIFA and everyone is trying to beat you in the exact same way. PES just has a lot more ways to play the game.

Well written, and very well thought out. PES was designed to accommodate all these styles of play that you mentioned, and the balance that KONAMI has so finely placed on this game gives each style its own flair and set of techniques. Yeah, PES lacks the jockeying or the trick system, two of the many characteristics of "physical" play, but I think it compensates by increasing the effects of BB and speed characteristics that some people might have noticed. One of my biggest problems with FIFA was the sheer number of scoring opportunities that ended up as mostly 1on1 situtations, which I think is totally gay.

I agree completely. I do prefer to beat a player with a drop of a shoulder and quick tight feet, as opposed to pressing a skill button that does some crazy skill that looks great but is very rarely seen in top level football, Ronaldo the exception.

On a different note, I played PES 2009 online again yesterday, and everyone kept picking Barcelona and just using Eto, Messi, Henry etc and the fucking sprint button till they got to the byline then attempted the classic cutback.

One guy even picked Inter, or at least I thought he'd picked Inter as it was highlighed. I thought cool, I'll go with AC for a Milan derby. As soon as I chose AC Milan he quickly picked Brazil and started the game. LOL. Cheeky swine. I still beat him, but why cant people just come on for a good game of football. I aint bothered about ranking or anything, maybe I should just stick to Player matches.

Online Football is all new to me, but I can see the flaws exploited in PES 2009 more clearly when I played online. I can then understand why people prefer FIFA online. Although I guess as Jamezinho said, both have flaws.

I'm a patient player though who plays PES 2009 at a slow pace, yet most online seem to have their finger stuck on the sprint button.

I can remember a few PES's back though we all complained that the likes of Henry couldnt outpace an old Maldini. It seems it's gone from one extreme to the other. Hopefully 2010 will sort this out. Either way I still enjoyed online for the most part and had ZERO lag, which was nice.

Sure everyone can score like that from time to time. But its still not easy. If you tried that a hundred times you'll only succeed in recreating that video maybe 15-20 times, probably less.
You're making it sound as if you can do it every time to try and that you can never lose in PES as long as you know what you're doing.

that's exactly what I am talking about :)
at first I would of scored about 10 volleys from 50 tries,but then after you get hang of it you score about 40~47 volleys in 50 tries...

I thought id make a new vid this time using Bolton my team . Got upto about 30 passes and hit the bar :(

You may like or not like but i will never stop playing like this as i totally enjoy moving the ball around with quick passes and movement. The 50 yard balls are unrealistic but it took me a while to get it right and confidence to use it in a game .

Had a friend tournament last night , 10 of us for about 4 hours lol , I won the final 3-1 . Got £30 and them asking for tips on how i keep the ball so well.

If i didnt get annoyed with this games bad faults i would try to play more offline tournaments across the country , but it's full of problems and so i just play for fun v friends or the computer , i hope pes2010 is superb !

It is perfectly possible to recreate that Argentina goal (30 passes and all that) in PES in a REALISTIC way! And there is only one way to playing realistic football in PES 2009 and that is by editing the player ability stats.

Do the below edits and the football you see will make you shed tears of happiness :-)

Defence: Reduce by 25%
Balance: Increase by 5%
Stamina: Increase by 10%
Top Speed: Reduce by 33%
Acceleration: Reduce by 17%
Agility: Reduce by 50%
Short pass speed: Reduce by 25%
Long pass speed: Reduce by 25%
Shot accuracy: Reduce by 10%
Heading: Increase by 10%
Technique: Increase by 5%
Aggression: Reduce by 35%
Teamwork: Increase by 25%

This is how I have been playing my PES 2009 and it plays such beautiful football. I also checked the game pace between a 30-minute PES match and a live bundesliga match today and it was exactly the same. Set these edits and you'd have hit the sweet spot with PES 2009.

Back
Top Bottom