Recommendations about a Wireless Router

frangoitia

League 2
2 September 2007
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Liverpool
Well guys, actually I have a Router Linksys Wrt54g with Dd-Wrt firmware but it´s quite unstable, so while I m in London, I m going to buy another one. Can you recommend me a router that does not cost more than 55 pounds ? I want to buy one of a very known company and very good, because wireless connection have bring me a lot of problems.
Thanks in advance.

Netgear ones are good

I have a GD834GT from Sky and have never had any problems with it

Netgear ones are good

I have a GD834GT from Sky and have never had any problems with it
You mean DG834GT ;)
(Incredibly sad that I know that off by heart but anyway)

Yeah they are great, used to have a DG834G (not the GT which is the next model up) but it's not compatible with ADSL2+ so I had to ditch it for this piece of crap I've got now, the SpeedTouch, which I wouldn't SpeedTouch with a barge pole if I had the choice.

We recently bought a Belkin N1 router and its really good, has fixed all my lag problems on my 360 altogether and is easy to set up etc and looks nice as well. Think it may be slightly above your price range though.

We recently bought a Belkin N1 router and its really good, has fixed all my lag problems on my 360 altogether and is easy to set up etc and looks nice as well. Think it may be slightly above your price range though.
Thanks dude. Is this router, isn´t it ?.

I´ve decided to buy the Buffalo WHR-G54S, since is compatible with DD-WRT. Can you tell me a store in London where they sell it ?.

Last edited:
id recomend you stay away from all belkin products they are very poor build quality, and have a tendancy not to last very long, i do returns for pcworld and i take back 10-20 fault belkin wirless products a week.

Oh you're not one of those twunts from the adverts who emphasize things like "Intel Core2Duo" to sell to people who haven't got the first idea about computers and probably think that's a robot off Star Wars! :RANT: ;)

Anyway, we used to have a Belkin and it was dodgy to be fair, you're right but they were very good at replacing it and even gave us a better model than the one we bought and also my girlfriend is a master at getting stuff out of companies who haven't kept to their side of the bargain when you've shelled out on one of their products so if and when we come to that problem we should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom