'Real Soccer' New PC Game

yozz76

Non-League
29 October 2006
http://realsoccer.gamescampus.eu/

Just wanted to bring this to attention. I'm really enjoying it and I'm sure some of you will love it also.

I would describe it as arcade style football meets mmo, you play as one player in the team and it is great fun.

Player managed clubs are starting to be formed which makes it even more interesting.

Biggest downside for me though is that to many people create forwards for obvious reasons.

Give it a try, it is free to play and a small download. You will be pleasantly surprised by it.

Gutted right now, this game is just what I've wanted to play for the last 20 years and I've thoroughly enjoyed it but it just didn't get enough players. The devs have decided to close it at the end of the month.

I'm curious as to whether anyone gave it a try and if so, what did you like / dislike?

Check out Lords of Football as well. The thing is football video game fans are super hypocrite. They screams for the so-called "third power", anything than EA Sports and Konami offerings. But in reality there are plenty of football video game exists since last 5 years developed by smaller and indie studio. But they don't put the money on their mouth. They complaints about lack of licenses, features, graphic and gameplay without understanding these games are made out of tight budget.

I understand 2K Sports reluctant to enter the market. It's simply out of their reach. Without licenses (since most are tied to EA), the game will simply won't become a commercial success. Why waste millions of dollar and put your company in jeopardy when your company already doing fine in the first place? It's dog eat dog in video game industry. One mistake could cost your company years of setback. See THQ.

Check out Lords of Football as well. The thing is football video game fans are super hypocrite. They screams for the so-called "third power", anything than EA Sports and Konami offerings. But in reality there are plenty of football video game exists since last 5 years developed by smaller and indie studio. But they don't put the money on their mouth. They complaints about lack of licenses, features, graphic and gameplay without understanding these games are made out of tight budget.

Brilliant post, I 100% agree. I fed up with reading spoiled brat posts from people crying for 2K Sports who have absolutely zero experienced creating football (soccer) games to make a sim and expect it by day one to be a football equivalent of NBA 2K, which is brilliant BECAUSE they been doing it a good 15 years of so!

These brats have absolutely no understanding and concept of 'Money'. Not everyone can afford for the worlds best players to come into your own mo cap studio, kick balls around all day, recovering all the data, goalies jumping about on mats all day, then implement it over a number of years into a multi million dollar engine.

There have been a number of small independent games created which have been panned for their inferior gameplay to FIFA and PES, i mean, what the fuck do you expect? No patience, give them time. Lords of Football problem was the gameplay needed a bit more variety and more ingame relevance to all the off pitch drama but it is a very good idea, footballer are all prima donnas these days and i hope to see this continually developed!

I understand 2K Sports reluctant to enter the market. It's simply out of their reach. Without licenses (since most are tied to EA), the game will simply won't become a commercial success. Why waste millions of dollar and put your company in jeopardy when your company already doing fine in the first place? It's dog eat dog in video game industry. One mistake could cost your company years of setback. See THQ.

Precisely! I'd welcome a new company to try and create another football game but it will take time, people have no patience these days or understanding of budgets.

The way i see it some people expect this third force comes with all guns blazing on their first try. I simply can't see it happens, be it 2K Sports or something else. There's reason why This is Football, Football Kingdom, Sensible Soccer no longer made a sequel, it's no longer profitable.

Since i mentioned Sensi, they released a HD remake for Xbox Live back in 2010 with the same great gameplay as SWOS 96/97. But still a commercial failure, quite appalling for a franchise that sold millions copy in the 90's. People simply didn't give a two hoot for a release that lack fireworks and licensed content. So much for all the "nostalgia lover, licenses aren't important, only gameplay matters" argument. Bet if Konami were to release PES 6 HD it will be a failure as well.

Agree with you guys!

Personally i support independent efforts and as for football games i hope Gameplay Football will give us something good.

Looks a lot like fifa from 2000-2003 era.

Here is some other footy game released as f2p online game :
http://www.powersoccer.com/

Its got a fairly large fanbase and i don't get how. Tried to get into,but nothing I found appealing in it. Lot's of lag online, terrible ball and player physics, graphics very bad as well. You better off playing winning eleven 2002 with psx emulator, which stomps this in everything regarding football experieance.

Back
Top Bottom