Real Player Names

foxtrot

Shoe bomber
24 December 2002
Glasgow, Scotland
Rangers FC
For all the guys who have the tedious job of editing the names by hand, or for those who just like a reference of each squad. This thread provides an archive of the squads for the Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer series.

pes2009.jpg

European National Teams
African National Teams
American National Teams
Asian National Teams
English League
Ligue 1
Italian League
Eredivisie
Spanish League
Other Club Teams
Classic Teams
PES-Shop/Hidden Players

pes2008.gif

European National Teams
African National Teams
American National Teams
Asian/Oceanian National Teams
English Premier League
Ligue 1
Serie A
Eredivisie
Liga Española
Other Club Teams
Classic Teams
PES-Shop Players

pes6.gif
wepes2007.gif

European National Teams
African National Teams
American National Teams
English Premier League
Ligue 1
Serie A
Eredivisie
Liga Española
Other Club Teams
Classic Teams
PES-Shop Players

we10.gif

European National Teams
African National Teams
American National Teams
English Premier League
Ligue 1
Bundesliga
Eredivisie
Serie A
Liga Española
Other Club Teams

pes5.gif

National Teams
Club Teams
Classic Teams
PES-Shop Players

we9.gif

National Teams
Unlicensed Club Teams only

Last edited:
Nice work mate.

foxtrot i was wondering how do you go about getting all the real players name (like what process do you take and stuff)?

Some player names are easy to get as it's obvious from the fake name and general knowledge (like the Premiership for me).

Those that aren't so obvious, you have to take the nationality, height, weight, position, shirt number into account (although even Konami get it horribly wrong sometimes - Costa Rican forward "Bloa Rootz" playing for Olympiacos in PES5).

Official websites and match reports help but a resource I can't be without is the European Football Yearbook by Mike Hammond. It comes out every September and this year it became an official UEFA publication. It lists every single national & club squad in the 53 UEFA member countries (even the most obscure ones like Kazakhstani!) with a phenomenal amount of statistics. 1086 pages of information. Fantastic toilet reading material!

Well it wouldn't be a PES release without one! :lol:
The list isn't final until the retail version of the game is released.

How do you rate the Serie A squads compared to the last couple of seasons, Jeff? With the exception of Atalanta and Torino (and that mistake of course) I'd say they're better than in PES games past though they're not the squads of September 1st as previously thought.

Last edited:
I think the Serie A squads are pretty well done compared to previous years espeacially the newly promoted teams when you compare it with the mess they made of Catania last season.
After having a quick look my rough estimate is there are about 15-20 players missing who have played in Serie A so far this season

Which players are fake to start off with? I haven't got the game yet but wanna print off only the wrong names. By the look of your documents every player has real names anyway, or have you just gave the real names and we have to find out which ones are unlicensed?

Which players are fake to start off with? I haven't got the game yet but wanna print off only the wrong names. By the look of your documents every player has real names anyway, or have you just gave the real names and we have to find out which ones are unlicensed?

Updated to indicate which teams have fake names.

i'm waiting for classic teams and pes Shop Players, keep up the good work ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom