Rangers Thread

Nickybaker said:
loz said:
dear o dear boys, a terrible loss to hibs last night to really emphasise how bad this season has been to the blue half of glasgow. can it get any worse?

They could have a 3 goal lead at half time and then have thrown it away against 10 men!

70.jpg

The perfect reply.

There used to be a Rangers thread in here somewhere but it seems to have been deleted. I was gonna start up a new one, but it'd only embarrass us further.
There shouldn't be a peep out of any 'tic fans about our result last night. Hibs put them out the round before.

I don't blame Frank De Boer at all. Nobody should. The fact remains that we should have won the tie within the 90 minutes. The blame lies with the whole team.

i didnt say any worse for me did i nicky? (if thats your real name).

youve been warned, thats all i'm gona say.

as for the mighty Gers (my grandad comes from Glasgow so i'm a Rangers fan by default) this season cant end quickly enough imo, why they bought Frank De Boer ive no idea, he's getting on but i cant imagine his wages would be that cheap. also heard that averladze and ostenstad refused to take pens? and mcliesh said this was because his forwards only like to strike moving balls :roll:

Arveladze took the first penalty. He ballooned it over the bar.

Frank de Boer took a 90% pay cut when he joined the Gers. He was on £40,000 a week at Galatasaray. £4,000 a week apparently. He really wants first team football so he can be selected for the Dutch squad this summer.

foxtrot_yankee said:
There shouldn't be a peep out of any 'tic fans about our result last night. Hibs put them out the round before.
They did, but we didn't have a penalty against them, and they got their penalty against us which they didn't get last night, not to mention one of our players didn't elbow one of them in the coup'n and stay on the pitch either, although Ricksen could well be done on TV evidence. btw McLeish is a coward on this one, he says Rangers will only deal with him internally if the SFA find him guilty, what do his eyes not work otherwise, does he not have an opinion till a technicality gets his player off?

Celtic fans can have a go because this competition was surely Rangers' one 'get-out clause' in this season being a total failure, Celtic out of the way and surely Rangers would win the cup. Not saying you won't win the Scottish Cup, but just that you had a much better chance of the League Cup with us out of the way.

Some things from last night, a few people have told me one of the de Boer's was laughing during the minute's silence for Ally McLeod, and when he realised the camera was on him he stopped. If that's the case that's an absoute disgrace, but I didn't see that myself. And Stefan Klos was about 4 foot off his line for the 2 penalty saves he made, why did the linesman not point this out? He's only got two jobs FFS, decide if the ball crossed the line and make sure the goalie doesn't move beyond it before the penalty is struck :roll:.

I also think McLeish has to shoulder a large part of the blame for taking off de Boer and Arteta when he did, as soon as the Hibs goal went in Rangers had lost their two most creative players and couldn't apply pressure like you would expect them to.

If I was a Rangers fan I'd be shouting for Walter Smith to get the job, there is absolutely no desire in this Rangers team at all, no fight and no grit.

And Milanista, you're right about the Premiership, but why would Rangers join? ;)

When did this happen??

Director Martin Bain said: "With transfers, Rangers will negotiate with Rangers Youth Development Limited and hopefully we'll come to an agreement."

"But if we can't we'll use the Fifa transfer model to agree a fee."

"If Allan Hutton is sold, for example, to Liverpool at the moment, the money goes to Rangers Football Club.

"But if Bajram Fetai, who is owned by the new company, is sold to Liverpool then the money goes to the development company. And that money is used to further fund more players."

Better get this back on the go I must say.

How is everyone feeling going into the new season?

I am very hopeful that we can get that title back of off Celtic. Some good shrew signings have been made and I am looking forward to a good season.

With the signings we've made and the promise of at least one more, we should be going into season 04/05 as favourites.

It all depends on who Celtic sign... if anyone.

I think Rangers will put up a bigger challange this year with the signings they have made i think the 2 best signings u have made are Boumsong and Novo not to sure about the others even though (Prso) was in the Champions Leauge Final.

As for Europe lets hope both teams can get past the group stages this time.

Yeah, it's looking better every day Celtic dont sign anyone, they really have gone backwards if it remains the same, where as Rangers really look like they are trying to build on what was a disappointing year last season.

foxtrot_yankee said:
With the signings we've made and the promise of at least one more, we should be going into season 04/05 as favourites.
Come on, you've signed a few players but at the same time let a good few go, and if we're being honest you were garbage last season.

yip i think thats why a lot of Celtic fans are so disapointed they see Rangers being very active in singing players as u say.... but MON has always left things till the last min and yes its anoying but if we dont sign anyone ill be disapointed sure.

foxtrot_yankee said:

It all depends on who Celtic sign... if anyone.

Favourites for what? 2nd? :lol:

McLeish's track record of buys is quite simply shocking:

Kevin Muscat - diddy.
Jerome Bonnissel - diddy.
Stephen Thompson - half a diddy.
Henning Berg - past it.
Frank de Boer - joined for 4 months, stop-gap, pointless signing.
Capucho - :lol:
Emerson - diddy.
Egil Ostenstad - anagram is 'tit needs goals'.
Gavin Rae - injured when he arrived, injured now. And he's a diddy.
Dan Eggen - :lmao:

Unsure if he signed Arteta or not, but if he did he cost the club about £3m and not much else.

ClassicD said:
McLeish's track record of buys is quite simply shocking:

Kevin Muscat - diddy.
Jerome Bonnissel - diddy.
Stephen Thompson - half a diddy.
Henning Berg - past it.
Frank de Boer - joined for 4 months, stop-gap, pointless signing.
Capucho - :lol:
Emerson - diddy.
Egil Ostenstad - anagram is 'tit needs goals'.
Gavin Rae - injured when he arrived, injured now. And he's a diddy.
Dan Eggen - :lmao:

Unsure if he signed Arteta or not, but if he did he cost the club about £3m and not much else.

I'll admit that we were guff last season. I know it, Alex knows it, David Murray knows it, everybody knows it. Beaten by Panathinaikos for fuck sake! I'd rather be beaten by St. Mirren.

Frank de Boer and Henning Berg were solid. Kevin Muscat done nothing wrong.

Last seasons purchases were rush buys and of extremely poor quality. To finish second was a relief. This year is totally different. Thought has been put into it before buying. And well at least we haven't purchased someone after watching them play one match on video. Mind that Brazilian superstar in his "twenties" you bought? :lol:

McLeish was the one who bought them all though, whether they were 'rush buys' or not they were still all down to his judgement.

What did Muscat ever do, I'm sure he was dropped for half his time here because of his ability (or lack of it). Berg was decent, but way past his best and his lack of pace cost you at times. FdB was a completely pointless signing, why sign someone for 4 months especially when by that time the league is clearly out of reach? He should have given a youngster that place and made more use of a bad situation.

As for the video jibe, no you haven't - but you have bought someone just to spite us in Capucho and Emerson (oh they're going for him let's nick him first), that worked out really well!

Frank de Boer probably begged Alex to sign him and play him. 90% wage cut to play at Rangers and you know he'll play for the jersey because he really wanted to captain Holland at Euro 2004. I salute him for that.

Good for FdB, but how does that help Rangers now? :eh:

The league will be a lot closer this year, but it couldn't really be any worse than last season. I think we have enough to win it even without a single signing, it's the CL I'm worried about in that respect.

Pre Season Friendly
Rangers FC 4-1 AS Roma

The scoreline indicates quite a humping I'm sure you'll agree, but apparently it wasn't as easy as it sounded. Roma had a lot of possession for a spell and Rangers had to work for their goals.

Nacho Novo scored his 3rd and 4th goals for Rangers. A blistering strike from 25 yards for the first and a defensive error from Candela let him in again to double the lead with another strike but apparently Pezzoli was at fault in the goals.

After intense pressure from the Gers, Daniele de Rossi pulled one back for Roma just before half-time with a low shot from the edge of the box.

Prso and Alex Rae came on at half-time and minutes later, Phillipe Mexès handballed in the area. Prso stepped up and blasted the penalty low into the goal.

In the dying seconds, Alex Rae drove a low shot home which put the icing on the cake.

Mladenovic apparently turned in a decent shift in the first half, Boumsong was solid and trialist Marcin Zajak was okay.

People will say that this was a depleted Roma side with Totti and Dacourt not playing, but they still had Delvecchio, Candela and Mexès.
I'm well chuffed with a 4-1 victory. I'd have thought we'd be beaten 2-0 before the game.

The real winners of this game though are... Diadora.

You havent got the Roma line up handy have u ?

Are u sure Mexés was playing, I dont have a clue myself and didnt even know Roma were playing :oops: , but last I heard the Roma-Auxerre-Mexés think was going to go to the court of arbitration for sport.

Good score for Rangers, Novo has started off well too. Although I guess when Celtic play them next week in America, if we get beaten then it'll be the start of 'Rangers are better than Celtic'. :l

FD

fd1972uk said:
Celtic play them next week in America, if we get beaten then it'll be the start of 'Rangers are better than Celtic'. :l
FD

lol .....good win for Rangers lookin good for the coming season.

another thing i see that ChampionsWorld Communications want to hold a Old Firm game in the USA...thier director said ''It is one of the all-time greatest rivalries and the chance to experience it in the States would be a dream come true.''

i nearly forgot Prso has said that ''the title is ours''. :roll: ......i ok pal the season has not even started yet.

Back
Top Bottom