PC Random slowdown during matches?

saad

Conference
18 July 2005
I've been getting this problem a lot lately: at some point during gameplay, everything will start slowing down randomly and my FPS will jump all over the place. I've gone mad fiddling around with the settings, lowering resolution and quality, turning VSync and Triple Buffering on and off and back again, and I still can't fix it.

It really is mad: sometimes I'll be able to play at 1920x1080 on high quality, Vsync on and everything will be smooth apart from some slowdown in cutscenes which I'm honestly not bothered about. Other times it'll lag at 1366x768 on medium!

I've read somewhere that the Intel Speedstep power management in my laptop might be throttling the CPU and causing the slowdown, anyone able to confirm if this can happen and if so, how I can disable it?

My laptop specs, for anyone interested:
i5 2430-m processor
4 GB DDR3
Geforce 525M 1GB

I don't know if this is related but I'll tell you something I found on my desktop playing WE8.

If I turn on the PC with the joystick already plugged in, it will lag my game unplayable. I found that I had to plug it in after Windows loaded.

Your laptop is more than enough to play PES 6 and back at full res, never mind PES 2012 which should still handle nicely at a good resolution.

My laptop has an Athlon P320 and a low end 5470 512mb video card and plays PES 2012 at full resolution on medium details perfectly. Yours should do even better.

Back
Top Bottom