Radeon users - your settings

NorD.

Facemaker
21 June 2006
3-miasto
Since I purchased a new card (HD 5770 after 9600GT) I was looking forward to see no sluttering. I installed fresh Win 8 RTM 64. After all trials I still see sluttering and frankly I don't know what to do next. I use freshest drivers 12.10.
Could you write your settings I mean:

- 3D settings in CCC
Anti-Aliasing preference manually
Temporal Anti-Aliasing (using SmoothVision™ HD)
Anisotropic Filtering preference manually
Anisotropic Filtering to automated preference
Catalyst™ A.I. setting
Mipmap detail level
Wait for vertical refresh setting
Adaptive Anti-Aliasing
Tripple Buffering

- Do you use any other programs like Game Booster ?

Thx in advance.

Last edited:
Very important to untick enable graphics overdrive and have mipmap and texture filter set to Quality. Refer to pictures. I do not use any other programs either, just these settings.

50551784.png

14860798.png

Which system do you use 7, or 8 32 or 64 ? What is the CPU and RAM ?

I used this settings and nothing changes. I think I have some blockage which disables fluid game. I tried various systems and always slutters.

My specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz x 2 ‎(2.66Ghz)‎64bit
Ram 3,3 GB PC2 8500 OCZ 2P1066
Radeon HD 5770 1024MB 128 bit (previous NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512 256bit)

Last edited:
its your processor pal, core2duo's aren't good enough anymore, i had one changed to I7 and problem solved.

Yes but PES doesn't have much requirements in that point besides I overlocked it to 4Ghz without any results.

OverDrive works fine no need to disable it, in most cases.
It is important to check both AA and AF is application controlled, same goes obviously for tessellation, A.I. slider to the max. right as high quality, not checking the surface optim.
Mip-map slider to the max. right, Vsync second from the left, my suggestion is to use vsync but through the settings.exe to get a smooth and constant(fps) experience.
AA Slider super-sample, shouldnt make a difference but i had a problem i forgot and that was the issue it wasnt set to super sample, weird i know.

thats it, i use d3d_antilag tool extra for max render ahead feature, to get best response in-game, no other tools.

I tried these settings but no use. What is strange Fraps shows 60fps an I have sluttering and when I choose night it is just massive sluttering, 3x more than in my previous 9600GT card :(
Very strange.

Back
Top Bottom