R1, L1 & Fks in WE 10

aldeeb2

Non-League
3 July 2003
Egypt
Manchester Utd & Juventus
did anyone notice the effect of the R1 L1 bottons in Fks??
After pressing the shooting Botton in a Fk just press L1 botton for an extreme left curve and the opposite will happen when u press R1 for an extreme right curve.
Try it :)

aldeeb2 said:
did anyone notice the effect of the R1 L1 bottons in Fks??
After pressing the shooting Botton in a Fk just press L1 botton for an extreme left curve and the opposite will happen when u press R1 for an extreme right curve.
Try it :)

some one could confirm this theory

old news happened in pes5, you an example of it in the we9 intro where the japanese player (nakamura) bends one into the top corner

good spot though!!!

btw, it seems that the opposite shots made by pressing these buttons are not pretty accurate.

I think it could be usefull against human players. that's all. (coz they see where you aim)

Big training requierd :)

Another good point in WE10 FKs is that when you try to get the opposite side of the goal, it s easier than before. (keepers anticipating on the other side excepting good ones)

Last edited:
so you mean, youre scoring fk goals shoting to the opposite side?(not the wall side) casue i couldnt..maybe one, with adriano from the box line...a BOMB

Last edited:
yeah i'm scoring goals with it and if the Gk saves the Fk, most of the times it falls in front of my attacker (follower)

i was playing WE9 and made a goal to the opposite side of the wall from 19mts i think, from like the center when you hold L2, aimed and pressed L1+X so my teammate passes me the ball i shoot to the free space, the golkeeper didnt reacted on time

hehe, it was cool

I knew about it, but never tried it. I score a lot from free kicks using only arrows for direction, and for curving.

How do L1, R1 work in parrarel with direction arrows? I mean, if I am hitting down left to curve the ball on the left top corner, and I press R1, would still that make the ball to curve to the right?

will give it a shot anyway..

I'm use the :r2: hold + directional pad to shoot curves Fk. Try it, it's very good. The Fk have more efect!.

I though holding R1 made your free kicks more powerful? I thought holding R2 made it a slow dipping free kick. I have never used L1 or L2 for free kicks! I have never noticed this extreme curve to the right! Although I do have the odd free kick that just goes completely to the opposite side that I aimed it to but this happens very rarely & I always use the same buttons! Does holding :triangle: after the free kick is hit make the ball dip more? Also does holding :circle: after the free kick is struck make the ball move faster and make the shot harder?

The R1 and L1 button is best use for cross-freekick in a position where u usually cross the ball into the centre. Always score a goal with a header, and also score a BEAUTY which could be goal of a summer,but havent upload the vid yet.

In PES/WE games I always held R1 & the direction where I wanted the ball to curl first, then whilst holding these buttons I would then fill up my power gauge & my free kicks where normally quite accurate. Now in WE10 I still use the same technique but I realise that far too many of my shots are being effected by this extreme curl to the right. I dont understand why this is happening as I am already holding R1 before I have filled up the power bar! Also could anybody have an answer to my questions in the post above? Thanks!

It doesn't make it curl more, it just changes the direction of the original shot. I'm not sure exactly why Konami put this in the game, though I'm guessing it's so you can fool a human opponent.

:r1: changes the aim to the right, :l1: to the left, :triangle: makes the shot harder, and :x: makes it softer.

it doesnt curl more?

I took a free kick with Backham last night, i aimed at the right post, then pressed shoot and then after held L1

The ball curled more then ive ever seen (i didnt press any directions) and ended up going wide on the left side by miles

Back
Top Bottom