Quoting posts with quotes

PLF

Legend
2 August 2004
I was wondering if we can possibly in future be able to quote a certain message that's already quoted something without the first quoted part being taken away.

As of right now if I want to do that, I have to add in the first part that gets taken away manually and sometimes it's a bit of a pain since I need to do this with longer messages with several things quoted and quite a bit of times.

I haven't been part of that many other forums either through my internet life but a few other ones that I had, they all had this feature so can we have it too or is there a good reason for not having it?

Just a thought ;)

thanks.

Not sure, this is the way VB works by default and there's nothing obvious in the options. I'll see if there's any easy of enabling it.

It is, but you know whats even better? Three men working on the job!

I'll sit over here and look occupied to make it look like I'm doing something, someone tell me when the foreman is around and I'll offer some input on your method of work so as to make it seem as if I'm not slacking at all...

construction_worker_on_cell_large.jpg

:lol:

Alright well it'd be great if we can so thanks for looking ;) but if not possible, no biggie I guess. We've been doing with these conditions so far anyway I'm sure we can make couple more years :mrgreen:

Kinda funny that vBulletin can't let you quote with a quote when inferior forum software like phpBB can :|

It is but to be honest you're normally going to be replying to a particular person's viewpoint so you wouldn't need to quote the quote as well to make your point. I guess that's how they see it.

Yeah it makes sense because a lot of times that would be what we'd want to do.

Then again many times in my case for example I'd like the quoted thing in there as well in the message I'm quoting so if there's a way so I don't have to add it in manually myself each time, it'd be cool but like I said if you look into it and its too much trouble to get it working or just not possible, that's cool its not a big issue by any means.

Back
Top Bottom