1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Question for the portugese mates

Discussion in 'Club Threads' started by pogoss, 28 July 2006.

1. pogoss

pogoss International

19 March 2005
    Hi I have a question about something bugging me . it's about Belenenses the portugese club . I know they finished 13rd last season in the first division but this season they are on 2nd division . why ?

2. airjoca

airjoca International

29 July 2003
    Amadora, Portugal
    SL Benfica
    There's an ongoing legal battle about that. It's all because Belenenses played Mateus, a player they signed but that wasnt properly registred in the Portuguese League.

3. pogoss

pogoss International

19 March 2005
    OK I see , I hope they'll be back to first division , a friend of mine is gonna play there . thanks for the answer :)

4. SPiTFiRE

SPiTFiRE Eusébio forever

6 April 2004
    SL Benfica
    He's gonna play for youth team or for senior team?

I think I ganna catch him. :D

5. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    Mateus the Angolan?

Or is it another one?

6. SPiTFiRE

SPiTFiRE Eusébio forever

6 April 2004
    SL Benfica
    Yes, the Angolan.

If I'm not in error Belenenses done a deal with Mateus, and Gil Vicente tried to deal with him at the same time, we didn't sign for Belenenses and couldn't sign with Gil Vicente, and then he come to court for resolve his situation, but there's an article in SuperLiga that it's prohibited and the setence is playing in Liga de Hora (2nd SuperLiga).

7. pogoss

pogoss International

19 March 2005
    senior team we're not young anymore ;)
    he's madihi from wydad casablanca , he'll go with a team mate (saidi) ;)

Last edited: 29 July 2006
  8. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    all wrong mates. Mateus is from Gil Vicente. There were some issues that the player was not properly registered in the PT League. the player went also for civilian courts about this. Now belenenses(relegated) made a complaint on the league about this, cause no one can use the civilian courts, nor players nor clubs,and they are using this as a way to get Gil Vicente relegated and belenenses to stay on the 1st division. Dunno how it turned out, or if even a decision has been made.