[PSP] Winning Eleven 9 Ubiquitous Evolution - September

Re: [PSP] Winning Eleven 9 Obiquitous Evolution - September

hmm.. i dont know if space had anything to do with it. the UMD can hold 1.8GB, and most of the extra space required for master league would only be for code.. also, since the screen and resolution would be less on the PSP, all of the graphics would be scaled down thus reducing size.

i doubt WE9 for the PS2 will be more than 2GB in total. i would like to hear from the man SEABASS why there is no ML. i can't imagine that no one would ask him in an interview.. there must be another reason why there is no master league.. i can't think of a single reason!

the more i think about it the more im bummed there will be no master league. for me, this went from a must buy to.. maybe purchase later if i have extra money lying around. however, if any one of my friends buys this then i will have to for sure to play wireless multiplayer. #-o

The cool thing it that you can play the master league on the PS2 and then transfer your team to the PSP so that you can carry it around with you and challenge people with.
Almost like training Pokemon and then carrying them around with you to challenge others with.

I've had every ISS PES, PES and WE (since 6) game, and I have never played the Master League.

Shocking I know. But even to this day, I get a thrill playing just exhibition matches.

I play it for the love of football, not to spend time buying and selling players.

I really think it might be a time issue plus the fact that the game is NOT just a mere port but an actual build for the PSP hardware. maybe master league coding would have been too time consuming that they thought in the end it'd anyway lack the features of the console vers. anyway. One thing that I like is that the game controls have been tweaked so that the control on the PSP is not akward or anything.

KOP_007 said:
I play it for the love of football, not to spend time buying and selling players.

you're missing out on a big part of the game. it's not about buying or selling players like youre trading cards. can you agree that different players with different skills/attributes play and control differently? well that is also the case for changing a team and the formation/strategy. just like real football, it gets boring to have the same team playing the same formation over and over.. well for me it is maybe not you.

Would be nice to fix the topic. ubiquitous

You mean it needs to be a U instead of a O?

Surprising that Konami included a complex english term in their title.

PS
Dar! You watch arrested development too?!? Sweet!

I'm used to playing the game in wide camera angle. So far, all the screens/video I've seen showed a closer angle... Am I the only one concerned about this?

This is terrible news. I shall have to return to being a hermit for a few months after the release:p

Sulph said:
I hate the wide camera angle, makes the game feel to slow paced.

With you all the way. I imagine on the PSP, those who play wide may find it a little more difficult.

But it's always been the close noraml view for me - making excellent use of the radar.

limeyboy14 said:
This is terrible news. I shall have to return to being a hermit for a few months after the release:p

Why a hermit. Playstation Portable. Take PES with you on your many adventures.

Graphics are not crap. All those pictures have been increased in size, it will look sharp when on the excellent PSP sceen.

I always play the game on wide camera angle... helps playing it on either a 32" or 42" plasma screen :D as for the PSP version wide on that.

Sulph said:
I hate the wide camera angle, makes the game feel to slow paced.
:lol:
The game actually IS slower cuz the PS2 cant handle it.
Theres too many players on the screen at once that slows the game down a bit.

The game on the PS2 has had its day in my opinion. It's just not as good as the XBOX or PC version. Slowdown spoils it for me.

I play on a 42" tv, and normal close with the radar is still the best.

What I am a bit worried about though is the mention of doing skills (etc) with the dpad on the PSP. Hopefully you can chage this to the nub, because I'm dpad all the way for control baby.

KOP_007 said:
What I am a bit worried about though is the mention of doing skills (etc) with the dpad on the PSP. Hopefully you can chage this to the nub, because I'm dpad all the way for control baby.
Agreed. No matter how hard I try, I can't get used to using the analog stick to control the players. In every other game, yes. For WE, no.

Plus, the controls system in FIFA PSP (dpad for tricks, analog for movement) is unworkable. You can't have hands on both at the same time. The tricks might as well not be in.

yeh i think so, or at least I hope. They've figured out a way to put the iso image straight onto the memory stick. Cos we can't burn umd discs, but we'll be able to put the game straight onto our memory stick ;)

Last edited:
ah rite and this works with the new firmware updates? (web browsing hell yeah)

ive pre-ordered mine anyway cant wait. reminds me of when championship manager came out for the first time on pc. life over

Yeh basically what ever sony do, there's always smarter people than them out there.

I've been pondering getting a psp for the last few months. But with the news that pes/we will be on it and the fact there is the option to play your ML from the ps2 version on your psp :shock: then I'm defo gonna be buying one. I think there gonna be so big for the pes/we community. Just imagine 22 player games :shock: it might not be possibile at first, but in time I can see it now :D

Back
Top Bottom