[PS3/XB360/PC] Batman: Arkham Origins

Re: [PS3/XB360] Batman: Arkham Origins

Bought a Steam key from Cddiski for £9.48 no idea if it's region locked but doesn't really matter :)

The game is meant to be region locked, that's why I bought an Nvidia game code of ebay for £12.

Game is now pre-loading on Steam and will probably play after the weekend.

Well according to the Steam app page there's only one version and I've seen lots of people posting that there's no lock on it, guess we'll wait and see, no real biggy to play with a VPN :)

Well according to the Steam app page there's only one version and I've seen lots of people posting that there's no lock on it, guess we'll wait and see, no real biggy to play with a VPN :)

Yeah, looks like PC version could be a bargain for people this year, as it isn't region locked.

The App code is multi language, hopefully come Friday the game remains multi region.

Let me know if you manage to activate without any problems on Friday.

I will do :) Still have £28 on my account there so hope some more region free PC games come out soon so I can spend it! Maybe X-Rebirth.

YES! Great news, no VPN needed for keys from Cddiski, so if anyone in the UK wants me to buy them a Steam key for £9.53 they can pay me directly into my Santander account :)

HCEf9HT.jpg

Multi language and no mention of region in the library name.

Last edited:
The reviews I've read don't make it seem that impressive, more of the same with little innovation.

That being said I'm sure i'll still love it like the first two.

It's pretty much the same as the other two from the first couple of hours I've played.

High production values but lack of originality in comparison to the first.

Excellent game but having played and completed the other two, I'm getting bored of it already...

If you don't own or have played either before this, this will seem very impressive.

I'd say it's good in the sense that it's "more of the same", which isn't a bad thing, but it doesn't contain quite the uniqueness of the first two titles, but for less than a tenner it's worth it ;)

I don't mind that, the actual developers for the original are probably working on the next gen version if I remember correctly which will be trilogy to Asylam and City.

Yep absolutely, I'm sure it's an expensive license so they don't want it sitting there 3+ years earning them nothing until Rocksteady finish NG Arkham which is probably 12 months away?

I am going to wait for the Arkham Trilogy to come out. Haven't got any of the three games but they seem like a lot of fun.

Finished the main story now (which is very short), overall it's a lot less polished than the other games and despite the world being an expanded Arkham City, it felt a lot less interesting.

Average game.

Actually the longer I'm playing it the more my opinion would be the opposite, whilst it's not the best Arkham in terms of story etc it's a very solid game with interesting use of the characters and decent boss battles so far, other than the annoying Burnley tower bug I've yet to meet any significant glitches, I'm running every on maximum except AA at 1080p and my hardware is certainly not up to date but it's very smooth.

I have just completed the game. After playing all three games back to back I have to say that I have enjoyed this game a lot. I thought the bosses in Arkham Origins were a lot more entertaining and combat seemed a lot more polished. The story was great. If I had to rank them it would be 1. Asylum, 2. Origins and 3. City.

A solid 7.5/10. I'd give it an 8 if it wasn't for a few glitches where I had to restart from checkpoints.

Completed the game as well.
I don't understand all the critics against this game.
Why change things that are not broken?
This game was very good, especially its 2nd half.

Completed the game as well.
I don't understand all the critics against this game.
Why change things that are not broken?
This game was very good, especially its 2nd half.

+1

I'm seriously considering not bothering with reviews any more. Beyond Two Souls got a bad rap too, and I loved that game.

Just want to point out I was slightly exaggerating when I said very average as I did enjoy the game. I honestly just didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as the first 2, the world just didn't feel overly interesting to me, really felt more like another prison than a lively city. Played the first 2 twice including all the riddles, but I can't even be bothered with any of that in this one.

The combat etc, is as good as it always was, though I have to wonder how Batman has more gadgets starting out than he ended up with in City :P

Well I think in several areas Origins isn't as good as its predecessor, and it feels kinda recycled, so IMO it deserves the lesser ratings.

One thing that's really disappointed me is that they didn't do a good job connecting the main story line with all the side missions, and as a result I just finished with the Joker story but most of the other stuff says I'm like 30-40% completed. If I knew I'd been so close to finishing the story, I would've focused on the assassin missions. Just feels like poor game design.

On the other hand, the combat mechanics are so awesome in this game that it's still a blast to play. I want more games that have combat like this.

Just bought that for my wife for Christmas, she loved Heavy Rain and said it's probably her all time favourite game :)

She will love it mate, great story and you can really connect with the characters in the game. Fantastic score from Zimmer as well.

If you have two controllers I urge you to play together in Duo mode. Not only for the trophies (if that's your thing) but it works really well with two people who could potentially making different choices.

Back
Top Bottom