PS3 vs PC version

vinC

pesPRO
28 July 2006
Belgium
RSC Anderlecht
Until today I was pretty sure I was going to order the ps3 version. This afternoon however I decided to try the pc version again with the 30 teams patch because I was tired of playing with the same teams over and over again. That's when I started having some doubts if maybe I shouldn't get the pc version instead. What do you guys think? I've compared both versions and I think the pc version comes out on top but i'm still not sure :CONF:

Ps3
+++ Being able to play on a 40inch tv is more fun than to play on a 17inch laptop screen.
++ Less cheaters
+ When I have some friends over it's easier to hook up 2 controllers on the ps3 than on a laptop.
+ It's more comfortable to sit in a couch than to sit on a chair while playing.
+Perhaps the only features (lag etc) are more stable on the ps3 than on the pc (not sure about this)

Pc
+++A lot more options to edit stuff (I know you can put some option files on ps3 too but that's only works offline,right?)
++Video capturing is way easier on the pc
++Even on low detail settings the graphics on my laptop look better than on my ps3
+I can play with a ps3 controller aswell
+I seem to play better on the pc version in terms of shooting and dribbling (Probably a coincidence).

Feel free to add or maybe argue some points I made here which can make my (and maybe others) choice easier ;)

Last edited:
To start with, I have to admit that I'm not sure yet as to if it's all in my head or what I notice is true. I played the PS3 demo the first day it came out and it just felt clunky and, well, just plain wrong.
I bought Fifa for the first time (since 2002 on the PS2 and that was only because it came with the PS2) last year. I felt Pes2010 just tried too much to shoe horn in a 360 dribble to compete with Fifa10 and I grew tired of it.
After playing about 4 games on the PS3 I actually got fed up of the 'clunkiness' (and the 4 minute video), so I actually went back to playing more FIfa10.

Your probably tired of reading this by now, but I'll get to the point. I decided to try it when the PC demo came out, just to give it one more chance (before I cancelled my 17.99 order from Play.com).
I was shocked find it actually felt better to me, not just the better graphics, but the actual smoothness.
I definitely won't buy the PS3 version, as I always preferred it on PC anyway for the patching, but this year I feel I'm actually getting a better 'version' of the game.

So to conclude, you should choose PC over the PS3 version.

P.S. most laptops these days have a TV-OUT, so you could use you laptop in the living room.
On a more modern TV you may have a VGA in you could use. Even better a very recent laptop may have a HDMI out.

Until today I was pretty sure I was going to order the ps3 version. This afternoon however I decided to try the pc version again with the 30 teams patch because I was tired of playing with the same teams over and over again. That's when I started having some doubts if maybe I shouldn't get the pc version instead. What do you guys think? I've compared both versions and I think the pc version comes out on top but i'm still not sure :CONF:

Ps3
+++ Being able to play on a 40inch tv is more fun than to play on a 17inch laptop screen.
++ Less cheaters
+ When I have some friends over it's easier to hook up 2 controllers on the ps3 than on a laptop.
+Perhaps the only features (lag etc) are more stable on the ps3 than on the pc (not sure about this)

Pc
+++A lot more options to edit stuff (I know you can put some option files on ps3 too but that's only works offline,right?)
++Even on low detail settings the graphics on my laptop look better than on my ps3
+I seem to play better on the pc version in terms of shooting and dribbling (Probably a coincidence).

Feel free to add or maybe argue some points I made here which can make my (and maybe others) choice easier ;)

I have a 42" HTDV which I use as dual screen (i have a VERY long HDMI cable) for PES....
So PC version is vastly superior...

I'm getting the PC version as well. Even on my outdated machine I can run everything at the highest setting and it looks much better than the PS3 version on my 42 inch 1080p tv. Plus of course the patching is a huge bonus, I've not been into patching since the PES 6 Evo-patch back in the days. Every single team in my game had their own stadium, great times.

I've been wanting to get the PC version as I've never had it on there before and have read over and over how much editing/modding you can do.

£17 was an awesome price too but ultimately it was the option of being able to play with the misses of friends on the PS3 that swayed me that way.

I think I just don't know enough about the pc mod scene to weight it up though. Is there a great pc mod out there for 2010 that gives a great idea of what to expect for 2011?

Until I defected to FIFA after PES2008, I always had the PC version. Im not an expert either but following forums like this and getting advice, I was able to mod PES. PEs 5 & 6 were amazing with 100's of stadiums, balls and kits. I will be getting the PC version for sure. Just hope my Nvida 6600 can cope lol as it seems sluggish with the demo. If not it will be the XBOX 360 version.

I played both, the PC-demo and xbox360-demo and while the PC-version is much better regarding editing and mods...

there is one thing that is worse on PC right now, the attacking-AI of the opponent CPU-AI is much tamer than on xbox360.

On PC I never lose against Barca playing with Bayern Munich on top-player, in fact Barca wasn't able to make a single goal against me, ever...on the xbox360 I tend to lose 0:2 with the same teams...

I actually tried then to make Bayern superoffensive and chose a 3:1:2:2-formation and activated "allout-attack" and other things... and I lost 0:7!

To start with, I have to admit that I'm not sure yet as to if it's all in my head or what I notice is true. I played the PS3 demo the first day it came out and it just felt clunky and, well, just plain wrong.
I bought Fifa for the first time (since 2002 on the PS2 and that was only because it came with the PS2) last year. I felt Pes2010 just tried too much to shoe horn in a 360 dribble to compete with Fifa10 and I grew tired of it.
After playing about 4 games on the PS3 I actually got fed up of the 'clunkiness' (and the 4 minute video), so I actually went back to playing more FIfa10.

Your probably tired of reading this by now, but I'll get to the point. I decided to try it when the PC demo came out, just to give it one more chance (before I cancelled my 17.99 order from Play.com).
I was shocked find it actually felt better to me, not just the better graphics, but the actual smoothness.
I definitely won't buy the PS3 version, as I always preferred it on PC anyway for the patching, but this year I feel I'm actually getting a better 'version' of the game.

So to conclude, you should choose PC over the PS3 version.

P.S. most laptops these days have a TV-OUT, so you could use you laptop in the living room.
On a more modern TV you may have a VGA in you could use. Even better a very recent laptop may have a HDMI out.

My laptop is about 2 years old but I have hdmi out indeed. Never bothered to use it until now though so I'll have to give that a try :)) Anyway I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels the pc version plays smoother (I thought I was going crazy).

I have a 42" HTDV which I use as dual screen (i have a VERY long HDMI cable) for PES....
So PC version is vastly superior...

My hdmi cable to connect my ps3 is rather short so I'm going to get a longer one tomorrow and give that a try.

I'm getting the PC version as well. Even on my outdated machine I can run everything at the highest setting and it looks much better than the PS3 version on my 42 inch 1080p tv. Plus of course the patching is a huge bonus, I've not been into patching since the PES 6 Evo-patch back in the days. Every single team in my game had their own stadium, great times.

I've only played it on the lowest detail level so far and even then it looks better than it does on my ps3. In the specifications tab I get (CPU: OK RAM: GOOD GPU: OK VRAM: OK)so maybe I can raise the detail level a bit. I also had the kits,balls,stadiums,icons,faces,boots.. in pes6 which is a huge advantage for the pc version.

I've been wanting to get the PC version as I've never had it on there before and have read over and over how much editing/modding you can do.

£17 was an awesome price too but ultimately it was the option of being able to play with the misses of friends on the PS3 that swayed me that way.

I think I just don't know enough about the pc mod scene to weight it up though. Is there a great pc mod out there for 2010 that gives a great idea of what to expect for 2011?

When having friends over the ps3 has a huge advantage.. Sadly enough most of my prefer fifa so we'll probably play that. Just today I downloaded the 30 teams mod en I must say it looks sick :SHOCK:

Until I defected to FIFA after PES2008, I always had the PC version. Im not an expert either but following forums like this and getting advice, I was able to mod PES. PEs 5 & 6 were amazing with 100's of stadiums, balls and kits. I will be getting the PC version for sure. Just hope my Nvida 6600 can cope lol as it seems sluggish with the demo. If not it will be the XBOX 360 version.

I defected to Fifa too after PES2008 but before that I played pes 3,4,5 and 6 all modded which is great. It destroys the only advantage Fifa has (Licenses)in my opinion so :COOL:

hy im thinking about upgrading my pc for both fifa and pro and was wondering is it worth it? i can connect my pc to both my 720p projector and 720p plasma 42 inch, so with the 720p resolution will it make any difference at all with all highest settings with AA and AF compared to my xbox?

never ever would i go back sitting in front of a small screen on my desk to "enjoy" playing a round of football.

console all the way baby.

Ps3
I have a 42'' Plasma and my PC is connected with it :D
++ Less cheaters
well that's true I think
All of my friends have controllers and I have a PS2 to PC converter (PS3, XBOX360 controllers can be used anyway)
I am sitting on the couch as well :D
well never had problems about that... But with 16x antialising it just looks more awesome than on PS3 or XBOX360

this

never ever would i go back sitting in front of a small screen on my desk to "enjoy" playing a round of football.

console all the way baby.

"never ever would i go back to playing fake unpatched ugly low res with no AA game to "enjoy" playing a round of football.

PC all the way baby." :LMAO:

Jokes aside...If one has a decent PC (8600GT and up) its VERY easy to connect it to the HDTV and play a league that one can select the other team. Due to the controller check feature from kitserver...

Ps3
++ Less cheaters

Pc

Why do you think there are less cheaters on the ps3?

Why do you think there are less cheaters on the ps3?

Because the pc version is easier to patch. This I think is in most cases a huge advantage but can also be abused by cheaters. Anyway when I used to play pes 6 (pc) I noticed quite a few cheaters (dream teams, sudden lag in which you concede 5 goals in 1 minute...)When playing other games on the ps3 I don't think I've ever met a cheater (or not an obvious one for that matter). This can just be a coincidence it's the impression i got :))

Because the pc version is easier to patch. This I think is in most cases a huge advantage but can also be abused by cheaters. Anyway when I used to play pes 6 (pc) I noticed quite a few cheaters (dream teams, sudden lag in which you concede 5 goals in 1 minute...)When playing other games on the ps3 I don't think I've ever met a cheater (or not an obvious one for that matter). This can just be a coincidence it's the impression i got :))

any pc owner can lag-cheat the ps3....

any pc owner can lag-cheat the ps3....

Oh well I didn't know that :)) Anyway in my experience I've always encountered more cheaters when gaming on a pc than on a ps3 but like I said it might just be a coincidence..

One thing i would like to know for PS3 is how much lag you get when playing online as on PC is pretty awful. I have always bought PES on PC but I bought PS3 slim this year so was thinking about getting it. Two main concerns are price is almost double on PS3 and whats the online lag like on PS3.

Also, Master League Online this time so obviously more cheatin looser on PC.

Can you please advice.........

The biggest downside of PC version is the lack of option speed (-1 and -2)..
For my taste, the gameplay is too fast
Therefore maybe i will buy both.

Yeah, i am terribly disapointed with the PS3 version. It looks... awful. I couldn't believe that my Satellite with an old HD2600 the PS2011 run better than the PS3 version.

Incredible.

I don't know what to do.

those who have the full PS3 retail version, can you guys check whether the pixelated thing in the demo is gone now? or is it still there?

I think than the PS3 is better than PC version because is easy and fast to play.
When a new game goes out I must to change PC more power.
But on PC version you can update every day or seasons.
Sorry for my English.
Cheers

those who have the full PS3 retail version, can you guys check whether the pixelated thing in the demo is gone now? or is it still there?

Unfortunately, in the final version the graphics are still pixelated (the PS3 version misses antialiasing filter because of low ram)... This is evident if you look at the goalposts, or in the free kick visual(the detail of the players is really ridiculous ) However, despite having a good PC I chose the PS3version and I'm not repentant ... The game runs smoother on the PS3 and thanks HDMI cable the colors are very alive ...The gameplay is fantastic and finally the on-line is actually fixed with red signal aswell (the game slows only slightly in crowded situations, no more teleport, only little slowdowns;)) ... Then PES should be played with the PS3 controller ... Buy the PS3 version you will not regret cause it's a wonderful game

what ever the matter even on a mid end pc frame rates will be much better than on the consoles therefore gameplay will always be better on pc.

what ever the matter even on a mid end pc frame rates will be much better than on the consoles therefore gameplay will always be better on pc.

that's crap, pes is coming from the console and is mainly programmed for exactly that platform.

and pc owners do not have the option to choose the - most of the time - superior japanese version, winning eleven. :)

Back
Top Bottom