PS3 Query...

Scutch

Futsal Master
31 October 2006
Cumbria, UK
Tottenham Hotspur
First of all, apologies if this is in the wrong section. I did notice a PS3 dedicated subforum, but I'm unsure if it's related to current owners or hardware updates etc. With that in mind, please merge if needbe.

Moving on, could the Sony boys enlighten me as to which of these is the best package (regardless of cost) :

PS3 Slim 250GB with Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet and Killzone 2
PS3 Slim 250GB with Uncharted 2, inFamous and God of War Collection
PS3 Slim 250GB with Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet and inFamous
PS3 Slim 250GB with Uncharted 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Little Big Planet

:THINK:

I haven't played any of the above games, other than a short experience on God of War on the PS2 (it's a direct HD port to the PS3, along with God of War II - great reviews).

Uncharted 2 is part of the console deal, but I can mix and match other games. I fancy LBP because of the depth and I believe I can play it locally with the missus (she's not that into console games but I think this could turn her). The other games I'm completely unsure about as I've only read reviews (all of which have scored great, hence the choices!)

Oh, and also, can the PS3 play imported games without being modded?

Cheers :SNACK:

To be honest, any of them will be great, and you could probably pick Little Big Planet the cheapest though I think inFamous and Killzone 2 have just become Platinum hits.

Little Big Planet does have multiplayer elements, it's jumping mechanic can be abit floaty, so I just hope your missus dont get too frustrated if her timing is off abit.

The PS3 is totally GAME region free, it will play some Multi-region Blu Rays, but you best check before you import.

The Games are totally a personnel choice though, we dont know your tastes, and what you would like to play.

To be honest, any of them will be great, and you could probably pick Little Big Planet the cheapest though I think inFamous and Killzone 2 have just become Platinum hits.

Little Big Planet does have multiplayer elements, it's jumping mechanic can be abit floaty, so I just hope your missus dont get too frustrated if her timing is off abit.

The PS3 is totally GAME region free, it will play some Multi-region Blu Rays, but you best check before you import.

The Games are totally a personnel choice though, we dont know your tastes, and what you would like to play.

Very true mate, valid point. I guess I was just hoping for rave reviews and personal opinions on the positives and negatives of particular choices. For example, "Yeah, MGS4 is a great game, BUT the lengthy cutscenes completely ruined it for me, along with the controls."

Stuff like that alerts you to potential problems. Saying that, I've heard nothing but good things about MGS4, so was just using that as an example.

As for the console being region free, that's great. I also have Shooter on Blu-Ray - I've never seen a Blu-Ray movie before so I'm hoping it's as good as people say.

:D

I found MGS4 uninspired and childish in many aspects, and gameplay was not as good as in the previous installments. The problem with cutscenes is not their length, is simply that most of them are useless and flat and add nothing of value. That said, the game is technically impressive and have some good elements.

Little Big Planet is a game you MUST play, because it's a great concept and probably the most innovative game in the next generation. It's great to fiddle with the creation tools just to get fun and playing this alongside the wife is one of the best experiences I've had with my ps3. The Metal Gear DLC it's also a must, because it adds a paintball and some cool levels. Plus, there are literally hundreds of great great levels done by other users and once you find how to search effectively the game offers tons of content.

Infamous was a very good game when it was released, but latest games have completely shadowed it (Batman, Assassin's Creed...). Powers are interesting and offers a balanced challenge. Many original ideas and interesting story (specially the ending, while some secondary characters, as usual, are pure crap).

Killzone 2 is simply a good shooter. If you like linear maps and triggered situations it's a good game, but it doesn't offer nothing new to the genre. Simply it has good graphics (though I ended up a little bored by the limited colour palette). In order to value my oppinion about this game, note that I don't like much Modern Warfare and shooters in general. I've played them to death in my youth and II'm totally bored by the linear design and the dejà vu I have playing all of them. The day I see an innovative shooter, I'll buy it for sure, but right now it doesn't make sense to me to do something I have done before (and better with a mouse and a keyboard).

About Uncharted 2, it's simply the best adventure/action game there is. Impressive production values, great characters and the best dialogues I can recall in some time.

Make what you want of my oppinions, but lest us know what you decide and what you think afterwards. Cheers.

I found MGS4 uninspired and childish in many aspects, and gameplay was not as good as in the previous installments. The problem with cutscenes is not their length, is simply that most of them are useless and flat and add nothing of value. That said, the game is technically impressive and have some good elements.

Little Big Planet is a game you MUST play, because it's a great concept and probably the most innovative game in the next generation. It's great to fiddle with the creation tools just to get fun and playing this alongside the wife is one of the best experiences I've had with my ps3. The Metal Gear DLC it's also a must, because it adds a paintball and some cool levels. Plus, there are literally hundreds of great great levels done by other users and once you find how to search effectively the game offers tons of content.

Infamous was a very good game when it was released, but latest games have completely shadowed it (Batman, Assassin's Creed...). Powers are interesting and offers a balanced challenge. Many original ideas and interesting story (specially the ending, while some secondary characters, as usual, are pure crap).

Killzone 2 is simply a good shooter. If you like linear maps and triggered situations it's a good game, but it doesn't offer nothing new to the genre. Simply it has good graphics (though I ended up a little bored by the limited colour palette). In order to value my oppinion about this game, note that I don't like much Modern Warfare and shooters in general. I've played them to death in my youth and II'm totally bored by the linear design and the dejà vu I have playing all of them. The day I see an innovative shooter, I'll buy it for sure, but right now it doesn't make sense to me to do something I have done before (and better with a mouse and a keyboard).

About Uncharted 2, it's simply the best adventure/action game there is. Impressive production values, great characters and the best dialogues I can recall in some time.

Make what you want of my oppinions, but lest us know what you decide and what you think afterwards. Cheers.

That was superb, Drek. Cheers for that, much appreciated mate :APPLAUD:

Well, it looks like it's certainly going to be Uncharted 2 and Little Big Planet, but it's that 3rd game which is going to be the tricky one. The God of War collection is around £40 while the others are in the Platinum range now and half the price. I did say price was irrelevent but even so, it does make you think. A lot of folk are saying Killzone 2 is very good, but the controls are clunky and some of the levels are nigh on impossible, barring running around in true American style, spinning around, firing off your weapon in the hope the bullets spray into the bad guys.

As you'll have noticed, I've gone for the "unique" games as my choices, as I have an XBox360 and therefore if a game is multi-format, I'd certainly tend to opt for the 360 version. Just personal preference, really.

You're definitely getting Uncharted so no need for Killzone, as both have shooting in them. I'd say go for God of War collection for some powerful bash'em up game. This way you'll have an adventure game with shooting, a bash'em up game, and a funky unique creative one where you also can have you're own little planet and create your levels etc.

Hope this helps.

On a side note, I would've recommended Dead Space again but you're only opting for PS3 exclusives. Lovely game imo. Finished it and playing it again with the unlocked military suit. Can't recall the last time I replayed a game after completing it.

You're definitely getting Uncharted so no need for Killzone, as both have shooting in them. I'd say go for God of War collection for some powerful bash'em up game. This way you'll have an adventure game with shooting, a bash'em up game, and a funky unique creative one where you also can have you're own little planet and create your levels etc.

Hope this helps.

On a side note, I would've recommended Dead Space again but you're only opting for PS3 exclusives. Lovely game imo. Finished it and playing it again with the unlocked military suit. Can't recall the last time I replayed a game after completing it.

Cheers mate. I have Dead Space for the 360, and yes I agree, it's a bloody good game. One of the only games that have made me jump, too; Pretending to be dead... wankers :LOL:

I have been mate. Haven't touched MGS4 yet, but really looking forward to it. I'm insisting on finishing U2 first, along with the trophies and rewards.

Tip top, thus far. On Chapter 20 at the moment, and having short blasts on LBP, too.

Back
Top Bottom