PS3- GAME FREEZE - NOW DISC WONT LOAD

WILDSTER180774

Championship
26 July 2008
Woolwich, London
Arsenal
I was playing a be a pro match when suddenly the sound went funny. All the stadium crowd noise went away. Then after a minute or so the game froze, the screen went black. Ok i thought, not the first time fifa09 has froze on me. So i tried quitting the game but i could not get back to the ps3 xmb screen. So i reset my ps3. Now though my ps3 does not read the fifa09 disc. Its not even showing as being inserted. I have cleaned the disc, its in perfect condition. Has not even left the console since day of purchase.

Has anybody experienced this?

First of all, have you tried any other games on the system? If you did, do they work? If so, then obviously your disk has gone kaput (sometimes the disk doesn't have to have any scratches to be screwed up). If not, then it's most likely something wrong with the drive in your console.

i have tried other discs and they work fine. How or why would the disc suddenly go kaput? In all the years of gaming i have never had a disc go bad. My ps3 is working fine.

i have tried other discs and they work fine. How or why would the disc suddenly go kaput? In all the years of gaming i have never had a disc go bad. My ps3 is working fine.

I work part time at a gaming store and once in a while we get a bad disk that comes in without any scratches. I can't explain what it is though. But it does happen.

Another step to take is to try the same FIFA disk on another PS3 console. If it works, then it's DEFINITELY your disk drive that is the problem.

could it have anything to do with the addidas live update. I have heard it has messed up a lot of peoples game with bugs. I had just down loaded a update.....but i will try the disk on my brothers ps3 tomorrow.

also i have had the disc since launch day. It has never even come out of my machine so what would cause the disk to corrupt. Im sure its to do with the crash. It has messed up my ps3.

Last edited:
right well it turns out that my blu ray on my ps3 has packed in. So nothing to do with Fifa09. I rang the sony helpline in a panic as i have had my ps3 13 months (past my 12 month warranty), and they were very helpful. They are sending me a replacement console next Thursday. How good is that? Im annoyed that a bit of kit costing £400 has only lasted just over a year but i cant fault their customer service (providing it turns up). The lady apologised several times for inconvienience. Now though i have to wait 6 days to play Fifa09.

Back
Top Bottom