PS3 Driving Wheel / NFS: Hot Pursuit etc Question

fd1972uk

---------------------
9 January 2002
Glasgow
Celtic
Just wondering.

Had a driving wheel for my PC long time ago and thinking about getting one for my PS3. Saw some in Argos around £20. Quite like the looks of Hot Pursuit, but don't want to bother buying it if it's just for particular games (not a big F1 fan or the likes).

Do the wheels work with any driving game, or only specific ones? Is it just a case of calibrating them?

TIA.

FD

i read some amazon reviews of hot persuit that people are complaining about wheels not working on that game, i think you better be sure before buying it if you are planning to use it on Hot Persuit.

i read some amazon reviews of hot persuit that people are complaining about wheels not working on that game, i think you better be sure before buying it if you are planning to use it on Hot Persuit.

Wheels not working generally or just particular models?

I'm thinking of picking up NFS:HP and the Logitech GT Driving Force wheel.

Wheels not working generally or just particular models?

I'm thinking of picking up NFS:HP and the Logitech GT Driving Force wheel.

this is from an amazon customer review:

"Now for the drawbacks. Don't expect to opt for the manual transmission--it's not available. That cockpit view that Shift did so well? Gone. The Playstation version still does not include Ferrari's which takes a lot of the exotic out of racing. Hot Pursuit does not support a racing wheel. Each of these shortcomings indicate that this game is better suited for casual racers than the genre's hard-core following. Gamers looking for the simulation experience will have to wait for Grand Turismo 5. Xbox players won't get their racing simulation fix until next spring when the Shift sequel releases."

this is from an amazon customer review:

"Now for the drawbacks. Don't expect to opt for the manual transmission--it's not available. That cockpit view that Shift did so well? Gone. The Playstation version still does not include Ferrari's which takes a lot of the exotic out of racing. Hot Pursuit does not support a racing wheel. Each of these shortcomings indicate that this game is better suited for casual racers than the genre's hard-core following. Gamers looking for the simulation experience will have to wait for Grand Turismo 5. Xbox players won't get their racing simulation fix until next spring when the Shift sequel releases."

I've just had a look at the EA Forums and that's not strictly true according to this:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3855014.page

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit officially supports the following steering wheels:

PS3
Generally all steering wheels based on the PS3 controller will function in NFS Hot Pursuit with the exception of Logitech and Logitech-compatible steering wheels.

* Please note that due to popular demand from the NFS Community, Criterion is working to add Logitech steering wheel support to NFS Hot Pursuit. However, at this point there is no ETA of when the support will be added to the game.

Xbox 360
We officially support the Microsoft wheel but any Xbox 360 wheel will most likely work fine.

PC
For PC we support all X input or Direct X compatible controllers, in other words, they’ll all work and will need to be configured in the game.

Wii
For Wii we support the Mario Kart wheel and compatible.

No Logitech support at the moment but seems they are working on a patch. EA fail.

Thanks guys for that, seems if I get one not logitech I should be safe.

I might end up getting one or two other driving games in the end if I get in the mood for the games.

FD

Thanks guys for that, seems if I get one not logitech I should be safe.

I might end up getting one or two other driving games in the end if I get in the mood for the games.

FD

I'd wait to see if EA patch in Logitech support as they are the best and most popular wheels on the PS3 and PC. Apparently the Logitech wheels work ok on the PC version.

Tbh mate I wouldn't pay £80 for a wheel. I've saw ones for about £30, I'll give it a try, it's got decent reviews.

I'll make sure it's compatible, but wouldn't pay that for the wheel, did pay £130 for the PC wheel I used to have, but that was many moons ago.

FD

I have used cheap £30 wheels and decent wheels like the G25 and GT Driving force.

You really should spend the extra if you can the £30 wheels are so incredibly shite you will wish you never bought it.

The best wheel price wise is the GT Driving Force it isn't as good as the G25 and G27 but it is alot cheaper and is a really good wheel.

Back
Top Bottom