PS3 Cracked to play backup games...

Just ordered the Minimus board, apparantly the best around and hardly ever in stock.

http://www.modtraders.co.uk/minimus-avr-usb-development-board.html

got mine today which i pre ordered from there a few weeks ago, works great but windows 7 x64 wouldn't install the drivers that're included with the FLIP software

if anyone needs drivers for win7 x64 then you can download them here MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service@@AMEPARAM@@Filename:</font> <font style="font-family:arial; color:#FF6700; font-size:18px; font-weight:bold;">Flip-libusb-signed-driver.zip@@AMEPARAM@@Flip-libusb-signed-driver.zip

Saw that for download on some blog, cheers for supplying as well though.

Straightforward to use then? I assume the Backup Manager is part of PSGroove or something?

yeah it's pretty straight forward, the instructions for programming it are a bit vague, the instructions on the site say
To enter the bootloader mode you should simply press and hold HWB button, then press and release the RST button.
instead you need to press both buttons in at the same time then release RST, windows should then recognise it and try to install the driver, either point it to X:\Program Files\Atmel\Flip 3.4.2\usb or if it doesn't like that driver use the one i posted

once it's installed run FLIP, click the chip icon in the top left and select AT90USB162 then click the cable icon next to it and select usb, it should open the usb port and detect the minimus, click file > load HEX file and select the psgroove hex then click run, if the verify button turns green then it's flashed ok

if you can't find the correct hex for AT90USB162 then google PSGroove for AT90USB162/Minimus AVR and it's the 2nd link ;) it comes with 2 hex files, one doesn't support backup manager and the other does

you can find the backup manger on ps3hax.net, just put it on a pen drive or usb hdd, do the jailbreak then install the backup manager .pkg file

got hold of an "early" version of pes 2011, it doesn't have english language yet but because the files are easy to access it should be possible to replace one of the foreign language files with the english file from the demo

also you can at open files in GGS and view the textures so they should be easy to replace, i've been away for a while so i need to have a read up on how things work like re-linking etc

got hold of an "early" version of pes 2011, it doesn't have english language yet but because the files are easy to access it should be possible to replace one of the foreign language files with the english file from the demo

also you can at open files in GGS and view the textures so they should be easy to replace, i've been away for a while so i need to have a read up on how things work like re-linking etc

good old times of Playstation editing are back i guess! still remember the days when i created images of WE / PES and put them on my ps2 internal hdd (connected via that strange internet adapter sony released)

god it was awesome! :BOP:

good old times of Playstation editing are back i guess! still remember the days when i created images of WE / PES and put them on my ps2 internal hdd (connected via that strange internet adapter sony released)

god it was awesome! :BOP:

Ah the good old days. I wish they come back, with a bang.

language change works for text anyway, there's no commentary files in the demo so you still get whatever language you select at the beggining

gonna have a day messing about editing files now, the good old days are back :D

i've tried importing a couple of kits but it doesn't work at the moment

they appear in the team selection screen no problem but once you start the game it just loops the stadium preview before kick off, using any unedited teams is ok so don't think there's a problem with the .img file, anyway i've compared the sizes of the clean dt0c.img and the edited one and they're exactly the same

i've been out of the scene a while so not sure if i've done anything wrong, i opened the .img file in GGS, selected a kit i want to overwrite then opened the png of the kit i want to import and dragged it over the thumbnail at the bottom of GGS

Maybe you'll find more help in the editing section mate. They're doing quite a good job on the PC, so maybe it's similar.

Can't help much atm. Been out of touch since PES6.

anybody tried using WENB OF for BLES01020 version with a modified BLES01021?

replacing param.sfo and EBOOT.BIN from one version with the other i think could do the trick, anybody tried it? i bought the european market version and really want to use the WENB of with bundesliga update etc.

Doesn't work, OPM. Keep getting an error saying the OF was created in a different version :(

So, have finally got around to buying a new TV and will be back on the PS3.

I'm thinking of jailbreaking the PS3 as it's been nearly 3 months since I updated PSN.

If someone could give me a quick rundown of what I need to do would be great. I take it this just requires a USB flash drive and bit of know-how?

Nope, you need a specific dev board or a device that can do JB'ing. Your standard USB stick can't do anything.

I recommend the Minimus AVR board from the ModTraders.co.uk website, works really well.

Do bear in mind that most of the newest games won't work for the time being though. They've been encrypted with 3.50 keys and there's no way around that yet. So no Gran Turismo or NFS:Hot Pursuit just yet.

Your PS3 needs to be on firmware 3.41 too. And GT5/NFS both want to update your PS3 to 3.50 or they don't let you boot them up.

i have the minimus avr board and it works really well. unfortunately, i couldn't wait to play black ops and gt5 so upgraded to 3.50... plus, you can't play online with jailbroken ps3, so that's another downside.

Private keys have been found. You will soon be able to sign packages like Sony does and the PS3 will accept them as genuine. Pretty much allows for everything now and its going to be extremely difficult for Sony to stop it as the keys are known.

Back
Top Bottom