1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

PS3 - Best football game?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Scutch, 28 December 2009.

1. Scutch

Scutch Futsal Master

31 October 2006
    Cumbria, UK
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Having just got a PS3 for Christmas, I was wondering what the best football game was available on this format? I have FIFA 10 on the 360, which was fantastic up until bug-gate took over. Is this the same on the Playstation - ie the best of the bunch? I've noticed PES and Winning Eleven 2010, but I'm unsure as to whether they're actually any better than EA's effort this year. Any other decent alternatives, perhaps?

Cheers :COOL:

2. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    This will end up in the usual flame war, guaranteed.

Both games are the same as they are on the 360, simple answer :)

3. TikTikTikTikTik

TikTikTikTikTik *****

7 August 2004
    Liverpool
    However on the ps3 you can easily use the created optionfiles (pes) to have proper teams and kits without having to do it yourself.

As for which is best..........I wouldnt bother with either as you already have fifa. There are far more better games to spend your money on!

4. mjsmith2k

mjsmith2k Come on you Reds!

5 November 2005
    Nottingham
    Forest, Bulls, Patriots
    Editing PES is a lot easier on the PS3 and there are numerous OFs out there that have edited stats etc to change the gameplay. Therefore, if you are still interested in playing PES you will get a lot more out of the game than say FIFA which is identical to the 360 version.

Last edited: 28 December 2009
  5. Scutch

Scutch Futsal Master

31 October 2006
    Cumbria, UK
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Yeah, just to add, there's no way I'd be buying FIFA on the PS3, I was just questioning whether it was the best footy game on the console.

Is there a noticeable difference between WE2010 and PES10?

6. matherto

matherto 12 Times

13 October 2004
    St. Helens, Merseyside.
    Manchester United
    What type of PS3 have you got?

If it's an original version with backwards compatability then you know the answer...

7. Scutch

Scutch Futsal Master

31 October 2006
    Cumbria, UK
    Tottenham Hotspur
    It's a PS3 slim, mate.

I've just ordered Winning Eleven 2010. See how that fares.

8. PU6HY

PU6HY Cymru Am Byth

30 April 2002
    Cardiff
    Cardiff City
    Should have kept your money!