1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

PS2 (Two)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by LemonJelly, 21 September 2004.

1. LemonJelly

LemonJelly Bungie's Bitch Staff

28 August 2002
    UK
    Sony have gone the route of the PS1 by releasing a smaller model of the PS2, the SCPH-70000, which will be released in Europe and NA on November 1st.

Overall, the internal volume of the system has been reduced by 75%, the weight of the device has been cut in half, and the thickness of the system has been trimmed by approximately 60%. Its overall size is around that of your typical hardcover book -- putting it perfectly in line with its rumored consumer codename, the PSTwo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    It begs the question, why?!?

3. LemonJelly

LemonJelly Bungie's Bitch Staff

28 August 2002
    UK
    Money Money Money

4. Ike

Ike permaninizated

18 March 2003
    nice device.

5. Dead Man

Dead Man Guest

It will be just a games console so it will be cheaper so you dont have 2 buy it!

If its all about money dont give Sony your money pretty simpl!

I am getting 1 it looks cool an now i hope that xbox take note and shrink there brick of a console!

No network adapter need YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: 21 September 2004
  6. ProEvo

ProEvo Hatch Monkey

22 October 2001
    On Some Island Somewhere
    Any news on it's performance cause I'm buyin a new PS2 in a few weeks to play GTA:SA on (My current PS2 is one of the first versions and it doesn't like DVD's!;)) So it's either get a LE Silver PS2 or this one..................any suggestions????

7. Ike

Ike permaninizated

18 March 2003
    performance should be just the same. however this new model might not be modable for the next few months, so if that's important to you, i'd go for the silver one.

8. Dead Man

Dead Man Guest

Good point mate !

9. drwatz

drwatz Croatian PES freak

22 December 2003
    Zagreb, Croatia
    it's so small...... :cyclops:

10. Dead Man

Dead Man Guest

The only thing i hate is they could of probably made it that size in teh first place!

11. babs

babs Guest

Not at all, technology has moved a long way and lots of what was seperate in the original can now be put on a single chip.

12. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    I like it...it really is small...

13. Dead Man

Dead Man Guest

I like it 2.....just got a job in HMV so i think i might get 1!

14. JimJoeC

JimJoeC Custom User Title

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints

Because they can?

Looks sleek as feck.

In 4-5 years they've reduced the size of the components to that, what'll the PS3 be like?

15. kel

kel Nur der HSV

7 May 2003
    Hamburg, Germany
    Hamburger SV
    Wow, I like it very much. It looks so sweet. :P

But I don't think I will buy it as I still have a X-Box to buy for PES4 and like Ike said modding won't probably be possible for the first time.

16. Ike

Ike permaninizated

18 March 2003
    you can usually build a transistor-based component with half the size after 18 months (Moore's Law).

17. ProEvo

ProEvo Hatch Monkey

22 October 2001
    On Some Island Somewhere
    I'm not sure what to do, if I wait for PS2two, it'll mean buying GTA and then having to wait for the new PS2 to be released, but if the performance is pretty similar between the Silver and PS2two then it should be the silver one, BUT the new PS2 looks soooo sweet!!!!

I won't be modding my new PS2, I only play WE & GTA on it, everything else is on the X-Box!!

What to do????

18. Ike

Ike permaninizated

18 March 2003
    i'd get the new one if you don't need it modded right away and the price is ok. waiting one more week for GTA should be possible. ;)

i imagine it could be more silent than the normal ps2 as well.

19. Placebo

Placebo Portugal bound!

3 May 2003
    Visby,Gotland,Sweden
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Personally I'd only consider getting one if performance had been improved, otherwise I see no point :)

20. dark_dragon100

dark_dragon100 Non-League

29 April 2003
    As many people have said, this will be a fairly pointless project for Sony as 'many' people already own a PS2. Unless they release a LCD screen to promote its portability like the PSOne, having a console few centimetres larger wouldnt really make a difference at home.

21. JimJoeC

JimJoeC Custom User Title

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints

Smartarse ;)

22. Ike

Ike permaninizated

18 March 2003
    couldn't resist. ;)

23. babs

babs Guest

The performance will be identical, as for waiting, you realise you'd only have to wait 2 days right? :)

24. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Surely it'd need a mod to play WE, and surely you'd rather play PES4 on XBL anyway? If I was buying a new PS2 anyway, I'd definitely grab the smaller one.

25. Slobber

Slobber boycotting PES

3 August 2003
    Merseyside, England
    Liverpool FC
    I'm on my third PS2 at the moment, if I ever need to get a new one, I'll get the new smaller one. ;)

26. babs

babs Guest

Don't forget the smaller one will have an external brick type power supply. Also i would think the modding potential is pretty good, especially in the swap disc stakes as apparently it's toploading now.

27. ProEvo

ProEvo Hatch Monkey

22 October 2001
    On Some Island Somewhere
    2 Days is a lifetime in the world of GTA.....................only kidding!!

I'll probably wait and buy the new smaller PS2, it'll look a lot sexier!!

Classic, ya right, I will be playin PES4 on X-Box, my old PS2 can handle WE ok tho....

28. bradley1886

bradley1886 Premiership

6 August 2004
    London
    my ps2 is fucked. it doesn't play black or blue dicks and sometimes nothing at all. this could be exactly what i have been waiting for.

ps. will shops still buy my ps2 if the guarentee sticker has been removed? if thats the case then i will have to sell it someone else.

29. Dead Man

Dead Man Guest

I just sold mine to game aa they give the same price as gamestation! Not warranty sticker!

30. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    looks great... the prob is that my ps2 is working perfectly!