PS2 to Xbox pad converters?

this dreambox thing can you really remap the xbox pad to a ps2 pad perfectly? arent L1 and L2 mixed up or something?

Btw pressing the black button after shoot in the xbox version take a bit of getting used to but its no problem i can assure you, I scored a belter with adriano about an hour ago :)

I got me the Magic Box last year, not only allows you to use PS1-2 pads, but also Saturn and Dreamcast pads (for fighters)

about remapping the buttons: sadly there's only one button that you can't map: the L2, but who uses L2 anyway ;)
L1 (character change) is setup properly, only R1 and R2 you need to switch around.

Terryb47 said:
I got me the Magic Box last year, not only allows you to use PS1-2 pads, but also Saturn and Dreamcast pads (for fighters)

about remapping the buttons: sadly there's only one button that you can't map: the L2, but who uses L2 anyway ;)
L1 (character change) is setup properly, only R1 and R2 you need to switch around.

Does'nt this mean you cant swap L1 and L2, meaning you need to use L2
to switch players? Not really handy is it?

( I use a converter myself and I let PES5 xbox lie in the corner
because I cannot play it this way )

Depends if the postman has been out on the piss the night before.

To Mr Bulbous name, if the buttons are so easy to reach why are MS ditching them in favour of shoulder buttons for their new machine? :roll:

P.S. Bit of a farce concerning the non-PS2 versions IMO, even the PC one has the ' have to press buttons really hard' problem when using a Dual-Shock 2. I have an old PS1 pad which is more responsive but it's a first-gen one, not got the sticks and to set it up you have to tell the game that the d-pad directions are the analogue ones or it doesn't work. Occassionally this means when dribbling I accidentally perform the roulette :mrgreen:.

j4y3m said:
Just ordered one from Darkplanets, will it get here by the time I get PES5?

Maybe. I ordered mine from Darkplanets and it took about 4 days to get to me so you might be lucky.

It's a great product btw, I have to confess the PS2 pad is superior for Pro Evo. I can't be dealing with the awful PS2 version though, so this is the best set up IMO.

I'm not hearing good things about PES5, everyone is saying WE9 is much better.

If WE9 was on Xbox I would stick with it but right now I dont' really have a choice if I want to be able to patch my game easy.

My order is still not dispatched and when it is it will go to the adress on the card what I don't want, whatthe hell was the point of asking me when I ordered for a delivery adress if they don't use it?

I've tried to cancel the order for now, anyone know if Play.com or anyone sell these too?

assie said:
Does'nt this mean you cant swap L1 and L2, meaning you need to use L2 to switch players? Not really handy is it?

( I use a converter myself and I let PES5 xbox lie in the corner because I cannot play it this way )
I play it this way. It doesn't take that long to get used to the other way around, you just press L2 when you used to press L1 :). Eventually it becomes natural.

To start wiv I was quite tempted to get a converter but now I am getting used to it, its not difficult to press the black button after shoot, so stop being useless!! Personally I don't think the curl button is that great of a thing anyway, its very difficult to pull off!!

Over here they sell one pretty cheap, like 22 bucks. It's a plain port convertor. Haven't tested it yet tho, because i play this without that useless R2/Black shot

Got this today and I think I'll stick with my Xbox pad, it's very un-responsive (yes, I've tried the tip people have posted but it doesn't even let me turn it on before the Xbox does) and there's no way in hell I'm going to get used to using a completly different button for one-twos and changing cursor.

JayM said:
Got this today and I think I'll stick with my Xbox pad, it's very un-responsive (yes, I've tried the tip people have posted but it doesn't even let me turn it on before the Xbox does) and there's no way in hell I'm going to get used to using a completly different button for one-twos and changing cursor.

All you have to do is press the Analogue button whilst the X-Box start up screen is kicking in with that Green blob. Once you've done that the pad wors a treat - no lag what so ever. I used a dreambox converter & PS2 pad all through PES4 and having change player and sprint as L2 & R2 is actually better once you get used to it. It makes sense in a way to have the two most used shoulder buttons as the biggest ones. It was surprisingly quick to get used to the shoulder buttons being upside down TBH.

Light wont come on before the Xbox logo comes up no matter how many times i press it... :|

Is it maybe a problem because I boot from hard drive and not from the disc?

that's strange? it works for me. Yep, just to confirm the convertor is a great product, had mine since they were released last year, once conbined with a joypad extension lead, it's perfect. The only grip i have is that if the connection is broke or moved then you start to get a button delay in matches, which is definatly not good, but this has only happened a few times, thank god.

Back
Top Bottom