[PS2] PRO_TOO's PES 2009 PS2 demo impressions

PRO_TOO

Team Heffernan
25 May 2003
Rego Park, Germany
Team Heffernan
first of all, i got the 2009 demo now for a few days and a played a lot of matches agaisnt the cpu and even more against human players (some with them).

these are my impressions (-/+) (just a few things that i noticed, in no particular order):

- no "drawback" move using :r2: (i was used to hold :r2: and move the stick in the opposite direction and back forward again)

- the diagram (to compare players stats) in the lineup menu is smaller

- the fonts in the game seems a little smaller than last year, not good (on a medium size tv)

- the player names are, again, in capital letters (looks better on the pitch if not)

- to me, it seems like the keeper fumbled the ball more often

- STILL, the player turns around when the ball goes over his head (running for the ball against a defender) WTF

+ menu music seems to be improved, i liked it / mabye its just because i'm tired of the old one

+ menu music dont cut when u enter the lineup menu - it plays till the actual match begins to load

+ manual player change is awesome and adds a new gameplay feeling (let down: the cpu controlls the keeper in that mode completely

+ slower paced game, it feels more like soccer (love it!!!)

+ strip selection "more intelligent" - at no point i had to switch shirts because the game selected the shirts for me and never had the same colours oder nearly the same (i hope u understand)

+ "the 360" is now performed by holding :r2: and moving the LS (left stick) in a cirle direction (as the RS did before)

+ that leaves the RS (right stick) free for... manual pass gauge!!! using :l1: + RS is the manual HIGH pass

ok, these are a few things i've noticed. i hope u'll undestand everything and if you wanna know something in particular, just ask!

Last edited:
Are there ridiculous kicking sound effects, like on the PS3/360?

What is "awesome" about the manual player change? Care to elaborate?

ok, in the past, when you played the ball by pressing X the cursor moved to the player you were passing to. now you have the chance to set this option to "manual" so the cursor wont move and u can controll the player that was passing. the reviever is controlled by the cpu. that leaves a lot of opportunities for the "passing player". you can then run into space, you can rush back to defence, etc...!

whats awesome about it, it changes the way you play. i think it offers more ways to attack and stuff. so a little letdown i felt was when my friends let the cpu do all the "work".

togehter with the slower pace it feels "more real" to me.

Good to hear slower pace. Hopefully a lot slower then 2008.

I may be imagining it, but i think that was in a previous PES. I remember one-twoing and continuing to control the original passer.

Good to hear slower pace. Hopefully a lot slower then 2008.

I may be imagining it, but i think that was in a previous PES. I remember one-twoing and continuing to control the original passer.

the pace is not slighty noticable slower, IT IS SLOWER!!! and you are right, there was a steering mode in previous version, that was like that be a pro mode! anyway, i'm really looking forward to the PS2 version of the game! cause with patches and OF plus better gameplay, it might be the best version you will get on any system!

I wonder if the new update for the PS3/Xbox will affect the PS2 version. 4 La Liga sides will be updated and licensed. So i'm guessing proper kits. I hope the PS2 will have it from the start.

I wonder if the new update for the PS3/Xbox will affect the PS2 version. 4 La Liga sides will be updated and licensed. So i'm guessing proper kits. I hope the PS2 will have it from the start.

i dont think that there will be an offical update for the ps2 version! but there will be, as usual, patches by the community! thats all i need!

- no "drawback" move using :r2: (i was used to hold :r2: and move the stick in the opposite direction and back forward again)

+ "the 360" is now performed by holding :r2: and moving the LS (left stick) in a cirle direction (as the RS did before)

:lol: Did you really played that much? Just kidding :D

"Drawback" can be done, with the D-Pad or the LS, you stop the ball, press backward and then forward, depending on the direction you're facing at. No more R2 needed to perform that movement.

And R2 isn't needed to make "the marseillese" (360), just with D-Pad or Left Stick. I mean, you don't need to press R2 in order to make it.

There's also Ronaldinho's trick, I don't know its name in english, I mean the one that was made by pressing R2 x3 in pes2008, now it's made with diagonal directions, considering to the direction you're moving in. First one direction, and then the other. Not all the players do it, and it's hard at the beginning (I'm still not used to it). The good thing is that now you can make from in to out, and from out to in...

And if you make "the marseillese" with Tevez he makes it just with one foot.

About Konami's update, I think that they'll include the new licenses, or at less some of them. If you lok in the Demo files, you can find Sevilla kits, which is not supposed to be licensed when the game is released. So maybe that's why they release the game later than ps3/x360/pc, as it can't be updated by downloading some content...

Just my two cents, greetings.

i just want new stadiums to replace some we don't need now in ps2...

tardini = no parma
signal iduna = no dortmund

wtf:Y1 are u kidding signal iduna one of the best stadiums in europe i hope sooo much it will be in there (ps2) sooo first of all take out all the japanes korean stadiums please ...

to all demotester ...what about the camera type still the same like in further ps2 versions (is braodcast3 there?)

Thanks for giving an insight on the game PRO_TOO.

Do you think the PS2 version is better than the next-gen version of the game?

IMO YES!

last years ps3 version was really bad, gameplay-wise. this years ps3 version takes the right step, the demo seems to me like the pes 2008 version of the ps2. anyway, the ps2 version always seemes better to me because of all the patches and OF that are coming. its so much "realer" with all the kits an stuff...

IMO YES!

last years ps3 version was really bad, gameplay-wise. this years ps3 version takes the right step, the demo seems to me like the pes 2008 version of the ps2. anyway, the ps2 version always seemes better to me because of all the patches and OF that are coming. its so much "realer" with all the kits an stuff...
Alright, cool.

Again the ps2 version is the best!

I dare to say that this is visually acceptable too! Except the crowd offcourse...

Xcristiano do you want the greek teams rosters and info for your new option file?

Back
Top Bottom