[PS2, PES5] it is out! (in the Netherlands)

Sudden strike12 said:
They send it from jersey, so the further south you are, the more chance you have of gettting it early. Although i live in the south east and it still normally takes 5 days :( But mine has been sent aswell from play, so now we play the waiting game :)

I'm in southend so hopefully... (hopefully) we'll both be playing in next couple of days!!

Hows the online play for people who have it.......jammy bastards :)

Also does anyone know why the pc version is like half the price of the ps2 version??

mattster12 said:
Hows the online play for people who have it.......jammy bastards :)

Also does anyone know why the pc version is like half the price of the ps2 version??
Because if they charged as much as the PS2 version people would just download it. :p

It's a lot easier to play copied games on PC too.

The real reason if probably something to do with it costing less to make or something.

It indeed differs from the "release-version", i think that was a beta indeed. Not superb differences, but a slighty more tweaked gameplay.

Online:

It plays great! I played 3 games so far (had to work early again and had to celebrate 2 goals by Yannes ;) )

There are online rankings (for now there are 5 levels) and you automatically go up/down each week, by the points earned during online games.

unluckily i did not find the possibility to play online with ML-team, so it looks like you can only use standard-teams.

3 games, only one second of lag and that was by a long bal from midfield, just after a corner.

3 draws, lol, decided by penalties, but it counts as a draw.
no voice-chat, though the quick chat-messages work great during replay or goal-celebration.

ask away, not about kits please, because i am at work and cannot check it(and actually only care about the gameplay and online-experience ;) )

Friend of mine just called and told me it's nearly unplayable in online mode, that's why I just cancelled my order. Well, at least for now, that is.

Anyone here with some comments on that issue? Seems they took the way to Lag-a-lot Ville again...

Kezz said:
Friend of mine just called and told me it's nearly unplayable in online mode, that's why I just cancelled my order. Well, at least for now, that is.

Anyone here with some comments on that issue? Seems they took the way to Lag-a-lot Ville again...

oh man... that just ruins my day!

but just to be curious, what kind of connection does this friend of yours have?

(crossing fingers that he has a lame connection, like only 128kb upload, otherwise i'll be cancelling my order too)

cheers,

gudiagu said:
but just to be curious, what kind of connection does this friend of yours have?

(crossing fingers that he has a lame connection, like only 128kb upload, otherwise i'll be cancelling my order too)

cheers,

Good question, I just mailed him about it.

But he told me that people even put two different teams onto the pitch. One offense "team" for their lag-free hosting half, one "defense" team for the guest half when things became a mess :shock:

j4y3m said:
The real reason if probably something to do with it costing less to make or something.

The real reason is to do with paying Sony and MS a charge to release the games on their consoles, with PC's, because there is so many makes etc, no licencing needed to produce games for them. I think, ;)

As for Lag............. NNNNNNNNNN0000000000000000000000000000!!!!!!!!!

Kezz said:
Good question, I just mailed him about it.

But he told me that people even put two different teams onto the pitch. One offense "team" for their lag-free hosting half, one "defense" team for the guest half when things became a mess :shock:

Jo kezz!!! I`ve played pes5 online for about 7 hours LOL! I played against some european players WITHOUT any noticeable lag! It played really smooooooooooooooooth

Elite said:
Jo kezz!!! I`ve played pes5 online for about 7 hours LOL! I played against some european players WITHOUT any noticeable lag! It played really smooooooooooooooooth

Xbox or PS2 ?

Last edited:
my opinion is based upon 3 games, but the only lag i noticed is the same that is in a local game also (from corner in busy penalty-area)

ok, i have a 20mbit-connection (versatel) but the other side has to be good as well.

i noticed no difference between first and second half.
i think it is great, maybe it will be totally different after 10/15 games, but for now it seems to be great and good playable.

Elite said:

Haha, you ALWAYS say it's smooth, even when the games obviously has slowdowns. So I'm not gonna trust you on this one :mrgreen:

Boefje said:
my opinion is based upon 3 games, but the only lag i noticed is the same that is in a local game also (from corner in busy penalty-area)

ok, i have a 20mbit-connection (versatel) but the other side has to be good as well.

i noticed no difference between first and second half.
i think it is great, maybe it will be totally different after 10/15 games, but for now it seems to be great and good playable.

Okay then, I cancelled my cancelled order, so I should have it tomorrow 8)

tomx said:
Can you skip cut scenes and replays online ?

Please tell us more about lag...

you can skip, if both players push the start-button.

i can not tell more about lag, because it was hardly there.
no lag-problems in my games

I have it too, lang leve Holland! Haven't played it online yet but crossing and heading is brilliant! Pace is a bit lower too, passing more difficult and counter-attacks are stunning. Need to get fully used, but things will work out!

just played 3 games and the lag seems to be far less then on the pes4 pc versions. When it does have lag the game slowsdown a bit, which isnt to bad. The overal gameplay is a bit different and slower but generally its ok. Wont be as good as oneplayer/multiplayer but its better then nothing. Have a 6mb/756kb connection. Also before you start a match it as a marker with yellow and green stripes. Im guessing this is for the connection.

Can you setup online leagues...

or setup a room and then for that room whoever plays in it, the scores are logged into a ranking table for that room?

also i have been told that there are more online stats, i.e favorite team, favorite player, goals scored, goals conceded

is this true

thanks

Boefje said:
I just bought it at "Bart Smit" in Amsterdan.
So it should be available in much more shops from this day forward.

Mate, I want to thank you!
I read your post and went straight to the nearest 'Bart Smit'.
And there it was... it was one of those magical moments.

...turning on the PS2

OPM said:
any chance you could tell if the kits are 100% up to 05/06 ? (udinese, ascoli, villarreal for example, those were 04/05 in the "beta")

:)

not 100% up to 05/06, Villarreal still has blue short and socks, SUCH A SHAME

Back
Top Bottom