1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

PS2 Nerwork adaptor

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by KingCeri, 25 July 2005.

1. KingCeri

KingCeri Non-League

21 July 2005
    Hi guys,
    I'm planning on playing PES5 online, but to be honest, I know very little about Network Play. Can anyone recommend a good Network Adaptor, or is there only one available?
    Cheers
    KC

2. mattster12

mattster12 All-round Bastard

11 April 2005
    There's only one available, but if your gonna get one I would recommend getting a network adapter/hdd package. No more wasting dvd's if your into patching and you can put all your games on the hdd and play them straight off it :D But you can't play online off the hdd though :(

3. KingCeri

KingCeri Non-League

21 July 2005

Excellent, any chance you can post a link to where I can get one from??

4. mattster12

11 April 2005
  5. KingCeri

KingCeri Non-League

21 July 2005
    Sorry if this sounds stupid, but what are the benefits of the hdd, and does my PS need to be chipped for it to work?

6. mattster12

11 April 2005
    You don't need a modded ps2 for it too work, it basically means you can store all your games on the hdd and play em off there. No changing the disc everytime, also if your into patching you can just transfer games directly from your pc to your ps2 hdd. So now wasting dvd's either.

7. KingCeri

KingCeri Non-League

21 July 2005
    Cool. Thanks for all you help mattster. Just one more thng...Do you think it's worth getting the Swap Magic Tools? They seem pretty handy, and if I got them, it would force me to buy a Slimline PS2 (which I need as my current PS2 is 3 years old, and making some very odd nises)?

8. timsmith10000

timsmith10000 LEICESTER CITY!

18 August 2003
    Leicester
  9. KingCeri

KingCeri Non-League

21 July 2005
    Right, so i still need a Network Adaptor, even if I buy a slimline PS2, because I thought it was all intergrated?

10. Mart

Mart Executive Janitor Staff

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    It is all integrated, the new PSTwo consoles don't need a network adaptor.

11. timsmith10000

timsmith10000 LEICESTER CITY!

18 August 2003
    Leicester
    i meant you cant use the hd in the slimline

12. Androctonvs

Androctonvs Discovered The FK Bug

30 November 2003
    Portugal
    SL Benfica
    you can use usb extreme...

13. KingCeri