PS2 HDD Utility >> > www.hdloader.com

Haven't really touched my ps2 since the weekend as i was busy finishing up an assignment that's due for college on thursday. I'm actually waiting for a replacment laser to get delivered sometime tomorrow or thursday coz my old laser just couldn't read anything anymore. I was trying to get everything to work on my mates ps2 which had an old modchip in it that uses the ar2 to boot discs, so maybe the chip was the problem. anyways im waiting for the laser to get delivered and hook everything up to my ps2 with a magic3 chip and we'll see from there. if my ps2 still doesn't recognize the hd then it surely will be the hd not being compatible. i'll keep you posted as i go along.

My friends got this all he does is buy games put dem on the hard drive and send them back

he did that with pro 4 and hes going to do it wid GTA:SA

Well have you got the latest verion? 1.6.3 is the latest, and then just format the Hard Drive again. ANd then try again.

Baggs said:
i'll keep you posted as i go along.

Please do, if I can help at all let me know, I know how frustrating it was for me not being able to use it for a couple of weeks, doesn't help to know that when it's working the performance increase is immense :)

Well, i finally received my new laser today, got it installed and everything is running great. the hd is now getting recognized by bootlooder so im up and running. thanks for all your help guys.

csaunders said:
do any of you guys know how to backup HDloader?

Well it is quite hard to do so, but there are copies of HD Loader floating on the net so you can use them. PM for more info and links

ashmufc said:
Well it is quite hard to do so, but there are copies of HD Loader floating on the net so you can use them. PM for more info and links
yep thats how i got mine, AND ITS NOT ILLEGAL, as the program is copyright free

Baggs said:
Well, i finally received my new laser today, got it installed and everything is running great. the hd is now getting recognized by bootlooder so im up and running. thanks for all your help guys.

Excellent, glad you got it working :) The difference is immense, I only have WE8 & GTA:SA installed but that's more than enough :)

Backing up HD Loader I think would be pretty difficult. Looking at the underside, it looks like the swap magic disc. :(
Gotta say that putting PES/WE on the HD really helps the loading times. I have more than GTASA and PES on there but let's face it, they're the only one's we all play :mrgreen:

Is it true that the next "batch" of games arent going to work with HDLoader? My friend said that Sony have made sure that they don't work with HDLoader. I was considering getting one but im not sure because of this...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Well some new games wont work. And Sony have not put extra protection I daresay, Some games like R&C 3, dont work. But good news MGS3 does!

MGS3 is freezing on me with hdloader when the cutscene when u first encounter Eva starts. The one where she's on the motorbike. Has anyone else had this problem?

any ideas if we8:LE will work with the HDloader as i want to do my patches like this as i cant boot DVD's with my ps/2

MGs3 NTSC works fine for me, imported it as I couldnt wait. WE8lwee works great as well. Also hd loader has come out with support for dvd-9/dual layer now. Great news.

ashmufc said:
MGs3 NTSC works fine for me, imported it as I couldnt wait. WE8lwee works great as well. Also hd loader has come out with support for dvd-9/dual layer now. Great news.

:shock: Does this mean we can now play Gran turismo 4 on it?

According to this http://www.ps2nfo.com/ps2hdd.html
GT4 not quite work with HDloader just that. I've the whole thing running like charm for months. Just to make sure set the jumper on master. Turn on mode 3 for WE8LW, the other WE8, you don't need to turn on anything.

I've just got Hd advance 2.1, And i can't seem to store my copy of WE8LE sunjun DVD rip that i made ( I don't have a DVD burner)

I have my Original WE8LE DVD on the HD at the moment. but I'd like to have a patched version of WE8 on there.

Initially i wanted to use DVD rips of my DVDs where i could so i had more space on the HD. But it seems like most wont work but some do.

Just wondered if anyone has got a patched DVD rip of WE8LE to Work at all?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The HD? With the network adapter, then formatted the HD with one of the the HD advance discs

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom