1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

ps2 backups

Discussion in 'Technology' started by johnking, 8 August 2007.

1. johnking

johnking Premiership

15 November 2003
    Sheffield
    Sheffield United
    i used to have a very early version of ps2. and it read virtually
    any type of media.till it came to a very sorry demise.
    i then purchased a 2nd hand console from game and had a chip installed. now this one will play all ps2 originals and a lot of ps2 back ups that somebody did me a few years ago. my problem is that i like to patch pro evo /we games. now some of the patched games will work but most will not go past the browser screen
    if you press x it says reading disc and you just hear a whir an click noise.
    all these played on my 1st ps2. i have some pes 6 patched games
    plus we10 j league on datawrite red 16x dvd-r these load up no problem. have since purchased some more 16x and 8x but when in ps2 it wont go past browser screen just reading disc again.
    i have tried traxdata disc also sony, tdk, maxell verbatim and ri data same results just reading disc comes up.
    when burning cds + dvds for playing in hi fi and dvd player they play no problem so discs burnt with dvd/cd writer are ok
    and i have been applying patches etc to pes games since pes4 we8
    so i know what to do its just this friggin ps2 problem is driving me crazy. the ps 2 version is scph 39003 hope somebody can shed some light as to a possibly solution i.e type of media to use. cause i am ready for launching it through the nearest window

2. Mumpleaser

Mumpleaser Championship

6 May 2003
    Stockholm & Bristol
    I always use Ridisc/Ritek discs for my patching/backing up. They never fail me but it all depends on your PS2 and the type of laser, but unfortunately there are no real guides concerning model number/batches and media.