Project Odyssey Retro

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by mattmid, 3 April 2019.

1. mattmid

mattmid Champions League

15 December 2011
    odyssey-logo.png

***RETRO***

We're creating a separate thread for this as the other one is for modern day Leagues, Cups and Specials (like the UEFA Youth League mini release). In here from time to time we aim to release some retro Leagues and Competitions.

So if short shorts, grainy tv and mud is your thing, you're in the right place. Well, either here or some dodgy website on the dark web perhaps? Here will probably be safer though.

The first release will be coming along soon enough and will again be something never before seen on PES. We've seen some excellent classic patches and option files with various teams from the past, this first release will go a step further.

In keeping with our Project Odyssey releases so far, it will be set in it's own world within the default PES6 option file. Courtesy of @sniglet it will come complete with a FULL set of absolutely stunning kits. Trust me you will be blown away by them.

More on exactly what the first release will be nearer the time.

In the meantime some retro music to get you in the mood.

2. MadbaLL

MadbaLL Interista per sempre!

11 February 2008
    "Curva Nord"
    Inter Milan
    which period will it cover?

3. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    Looking forward to seeing this :)

mattmid likes this.
  4. mattmid

mattmid Champions League

15 December 2011
    @MadbaLL It will certainly cover back to early nineties and before that it will largely depend on what CM/FM databases have been made. It's not the first one, but that Serie A one you have been waiting on should make it here ;)

MadbaLL likes this.
  5. MadbaLL

MadbaLL Interista per sempre!

11 February 2008
    "Curva Nord"
    Inter Milan
    what do you mean by "it's not the first one"? there will be more retro OFs? :)

6. mattmid

mattmid Champions League

15 December 2011
    @MadbaLL I mean that Serie A one we talked about before isn't the one that is going to be released but I will be getting to it before long :)

MadbaLL likes this.
  7. mattmid

mattmid Champions League

15 December 2011
    Just a few in game screenshots and short videos, along with some music of the time and possibly the best pass I've ever seen the CPU perform!

8. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    Looks like retro English OF :)

mattmid likes this.
  9. mattmid

mattmid Champions League

15 December 2011
    So, anybody care to guess which season we are recreating for this league?

Here's a clue with a couple of screens showing off the brilliant kits made by @sniglet for this game. (by the way the grey bits on the sleeves and white bits at the bottom of the shorts are actually transparent parts of the kit and don't show in game in case you were wondering)

Code:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sniglet and miguelfcp like this.
  10. Ciais

Ciais Random Unknown Guy

1 January 2006
    Genoa, Italy; now Buttrio (UD), Italy
    Genoa CFC
    Either 1978-79 or 1979-80 :THINK:

11. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    77-78
    I looked on historical football kits :)

Ciais likes this.
  12. Ciais

Ciais Random Unknown Guy

1 January 2006
    Genoa, Italy; now Buttrio (UD), Italy
    Genoa CFC
    That's cheating... but that's what I did too (mistaking the season, silly me)

13. mattmid

mattmid Champions League

15 December 2011
    It is actually 79/80 :)

Ciais likes this.
  14. Titch

Titch Premiership

4 October 2004
    Ah I was narrowing everything down based on the kits and Coventry's badge. Not sure which is right then yours or HK.

15. mattmid

mattmid Champions League

15 December 2011
    Well all the kits match on 1979/80 I think, not sure about the badge though. Remember teams had the same kit for more than a season back then before today's money grabbing outfits!

slamsoze likes this.