Project Gotham Racing 4 (Xbox360)

They're over - for now. Although there are "wildcat" strikes in Liverpool, so if it has to get sorted through Liverpool on the way to me... D'oh.

My 360 borked when I tried the PGR4 demo, ironically it froze on the "Seizures" warning page. :D It then red ringed for the first time! It was dead for 30mins then recovered (after I called MS) and I played Halo 3 for 2 hours.

The PGR4 demo had no relevance to the crash btw. So it seems my launch console is finally about to be replaced!

Impressions from renting it...AND NOW WANTING IT!

Where do i begin. PGR3 was for me a great 'environment" driven game. the locals seems very realistic and made NEW York completely recognizable to someone who drives it every week:(:)

The cars were a bit naft. the handling was pure arcade at times/

PGR4 sticks to the same formula but offeres greta weather and skylines you'll be oogling at and has a greta assortment of tracks this time around along with offering a better motorcycle game then motogp for exapmle so it's definately a good bang for your buck title.

i would say this IF you NEVER really play much of pgr3 then GET pgr4(which is where I fall) but if you played the ehck out of pgr3 then be abit wary of going to pgr4 for the full price thats all.

ALL in all though better than the original by a whole lot.

A-

Called home yesterday and the bloody Royal Mail have been on those unofficial strikes here and we've had no post. I WANT MY PGR4 DAMNIT! I KNOW YOU'VE OPENED MY PARCEL AND ARE PLAYING IT! Bastards.

Played the demo again and completed the macau challenges. Really liked the way the weather changes, especially the rain/thunder race and the fog lifting up. Definitly changes how you race, and i did easily notice the rain this time.

Maybe its my controller, but the "deadzone" seems to last to long on my stick meaning it doesnt responde for the first few degrees and then the car turns. All the other games worked fine and sharp. Can anyone confirm that its not just my pad? Havent played forza for ages so dont know if its just "gone" a bit after playing quite a bit of fifa. Which is a totally different way of using the stick (fast/hard/etc). Maybe thats made it "loose". Actually liked the game more after having a decent session with it, but with fifa still very much positive and the orange box coming out i dont think ill be playing this for awhile yet, or even play it with all the games coming out that i want more.

Royal Mail can kiss my arse. We've still had no post with them calling these unofficial strikes. How can you even do an unofficial strike? It's absent without leave, surely? Sack them all!

aye fuck them. They are going to drive themselves into the ground. Companys like TNT etc are sitting having a cigar as we speak.

PS - I havent got my PGR either. Can you tell.

Please don't use the phrase "drive themselves" Cowden, they're certainly driving themselves ... with our copies of PGR. Not amused. I'll be using TNT/DHL etc from now on if I have a choice.

Another day without mail for me as well.... ARGH!!! If I dont get it by saturday, I wont get it until the end of next week because of the official strikes starting on Monday again!

Another day without mail for me as well.... ARGH!!! If I dont get it by saturday, I wont get it until the end of next week because of the official strikes starting on Monday again!
Jesus Christ, this is absolutely ridiculous, Royal Mail need to sort this out. Give them what they want or sack them all and start re-employing, but do something for fuck's sake.

With Liverpool doing these "wildcat" unofficial strikes, I might not even get it next week. Tomorrow is out of the question, next Monday and Tuesday likely to be official strikes. And knowing the idle bastards at Liverpool (who do a shit job anyway, our post always goes missing or arrives late), they'll do another unofficial strike next Wednesday and continue it.

I would be going insane by now. If say a gamne like fifa was delayed to me because of a postal issue like a strike. i feel for you guys that is just horrible

Ive just had an hour on this and its brilliant

Wasnt really into the others but i like this one

listening to franz liszt, driving my oldschool maserati 250f down next to the themes, snowy weather, this is so fuckin brilliant

i love bizarre creations. :)

With Liverpool doing these "wildcat" unofficial strikes, I might not even get it next week. Tomorrow is out of the question, next Monday and Tuesday likely to be official strikes. And knowing the idle bastards at Liverpool (who do a shit job anyway, our post always goes missing or arrives late), they'll do another unofficial strike next Wednesday and continue it.

The thought of scousers actually working isn't immediately obvious anyways, so I'd be used to it. (I'm only kiddin' really)

Though having said that, twelve miles down the road in sunny St. Helens, we're getting all our post. \\:o/.....;)

It does seem a better game overall, the main difference I saw was the weather, they are similar in terms of other graphics and how they play, but PGR4 seems more redifined in one way, and the weather is the main add on for me, sadly I let my cousin borrow PGR3, which was gonna be traded in for PGR4 to take some money off :(

[offtopic]

What i never got was why the strikes always involved the customers getting the bad end of the stick. A couple of years ago, or last year, the busses went on strike over here. However instead of not driving they let everybody use the bus for free. Now thats a proper strike, the companies get shafted and the people stay on the workers side. Now the strikes just punish customers and everybody is looked upon as tossers (the workers and the company). Offcourse now everybody is asking for the RM to just pay the workers but really you are blackmailing the RM to do something. When really you should just punish them and keep the customers.

Fortunately we hardly have any strikes over here, atleast ones that really have a major effect.

[ontopic]

So has nobody noticed the increased deadzone with the stick? Guess ill just have to test it out with the other controller.

Man, I gotta buy this. I am gonna order it from HMV I think, I got £10 off a game there.

I've been stalking people asking for reviews seeing as my 360 is out of action, and so far I've spoken to three people who absolutely HATE it (handling is crap, weather makes no difference) and three people who absolutely LOVE it ("what PGR3 should have been", expanded and graphically beautiful).

It seems like it's one hell of a marmite game.

It sounds like FIFA 08 Jack! The review I watched on Gamer TV gave it 4/5 saying that it's loadsa fun and has some cool new features. I am gonna buy it as PGR hasn never let me down. YET.

whoever says weather makes no differnce for sure hasn't spent more than 5 minutes with the game.

Back
Top Bottom