Project Gotham Racing 4 (Xbox360)

Las Vegas, USA
London, England
Tokyo, Japan
New York, USA
Nurburgring, Germany

Disappointing, they were in PGR3, why not return to some of the tracks from PGR2, them in HDness would of been further up my list than the same again, even though they may have different parts of the cities.

I would rather more new areas than bikes, fingers crossed Bizarre, while PGR3 was a fun game to play, the online sucked compared to PGR2...........

You are getting 10 locations with 10 different variations of weather and 150 vehicles. I think that is more than enough. The cities coming back from PGR3 have all been upgraded with an all new lighting model.

I imagine they haven't remodelled PGR2 tracks because of the need to go out and get all the art assets again. I agree with you about online though, hopefully that will be sorted.

i saw a video of this and the person was racing using a bike.

a car came from behind and nudged the bike causing the driver of the bike to fly off.

doesn't look very fair to me when your racing using a bike.

LJ your the Thomasgoal of PGR and i love you.

lol, thanks man.

My Bizarre defenses are on high alert today given all the shit that is flying around from a comment Ben made on the official boards. It has been completely blown out of proportion, crazy interwebs!

Macau, China
Las Vegas, USA
London, England
St. Petersburg, Russia
Tokyo, Japan
New York, USA
Shanghai, China
Quebec, Canada
Nurburgring, Germany

I'm really glad they thought to tell us which country each city is in else I'd be completely lost, not being taught geography in school and all :lmao:

Always amused me that, on American TV and in American media whenever they mention a city they include the country as if their audience is so thick they don't know where anywhere is......

Developers of PGR4 say "We have run out of space to include all the content we would like due to DVD9" Sony say "See thats why we included Blu-Ray"

According to a post on the Bizarre Creations forum PGR4 wont contain night and day changes on ALL tracks due to running out of space on the DVD9...

I knew this fateful day would come. Looks like the 360 is holding things back.

^^^^^ This has been completely blown out of proportion, especially since Sony have even started commenting on it. Bizarre have posted a follow-up here.

Nice find LJ, think it was blown out of proportion by Sony Fanboys... where is TG when you need him?

Sony made the point that Lair was a 25GB game, which is true. However it was also only rated 6.0, 5.5 and 5.0 by 1up. Greater size does not in any way = a greater game experience.

Of course not, but in the hands of the right developer, it could really help.

Although saying that, there's not many current developers (certainly not Konami or EA) who I think would make good use of it. But some day.

This game is coming out soon! I find it weird that two massive titles PGR4 and Halo3 are soo cloe to each other.
I might pick up the steering wheel as well.

And PGR4 has gone GOLD!

I've had PGR3 for two weeks and not even bothered playing it for more than thirty minutes! Don't know why, I used to love PGR2.

PGR3 doesn't have the same vibe that PGR2 did, I am hoping PGR4 brings some of that back. From the latest batch of vids it is looking that way.

Will this bring back the old 4 way multiplayer, theres not many games that allow it with these next gen consoles and its really annoying, we used to have 4 player from one screen, now its all single player or 2 player. Without co-op or some poo.

I got 3 and no it wasnt the same as 2, hopefully it should be similar in 4 :D

DEMO SOON

http://www.britxbox.co.uk/index.htm?rssnewsid=784416928

EDIT: Bizarre has revealed some new information regarding the imminent release of the Project Gotham Racing 4 playable demo.

Eurogamer has learned that the demo will feature five vehicles (cars and bikes) which can be used to complete a demo-only Arcade mode chapter set in Macau. This chapter has been made specifically for the demo and will consist of challenges not found in the retail game.

The demo won't stop there though, with a snow covered Nurburgring also set to feature. Here drivers will be competing in a Time Trial with full Xbox LIVE leaderboard support.

Project Gotham Racing 4 is scheduled for release across Europe on October 12.

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/18-09-2007-6476.html

Last edited:
excellent. racing game i am looking forward to the most atm :) loved pgr 2 and 3, MSR for dreamcast was excellent too.

yep :D i never mastered it a 100% but i loved it, graphics were stunning for the time back then. the radio channels you could listen to also added a lot of atmosphere...

it's just the whole picture of the game...it feels...complete. one of the most complete games i have played on the 360 yet. unlike fifa or pes (6) or halo this just has everything you need to enjoy yourself for a long time - great gameplay engine, great graphics, very neat details (trackside objects, snow weather), awesome content.

this console is going into the 3rd year now and bizarre imo finally pulled out a (racing?) game that really deserves to be called full next gen experience.

i didn't really go into depth with it yet, but just scratching the surface so far i feel i am going to enjoy this for a long time. (like i did with pgr 3 allready and that pure content wise was just a very small part of this)

get the game is all i can say. ;)

more soon, hope i can get some more hours with it tomorrow

After about 90 mins play yesterday I'm not overly impressed, I'll be lazy and copy/paste what I said to Jack about it in MSN:

I've not played any previous ones so I'm comparing it to past GT's and Forza, so probably a bit unfairly comparison but I'm not overly impressed, don't like that fact you don't upgrade your cars, you just earn kudos points and buy packs of cars which just seems silly to me, so far I've only raced on street tracks which I don't like very much, prefer more open tracks for example those in GT with space and greenery around you, also the UI is just shit, half the text I simply cannot read on my 28" CRT (for example the car stats in the car selection screen before a race) :(

I only tried 1 bike that I started with ( you start with like 5 cars and 1 bike), but it was so shit I was well behind very quickly and I had trouble controlling it, the first race I had was me v 1 bike and 2 cards and the bike just thrashed us which was also annoying, so far I'm only racing against 3 other cars in career mode races which is shit, think it's just cos I'm on an amateur career at first?

After about 90 mins play yesterday I'm not overly impressed, I'll be lazy and copy/paste what I said to Jack about it in MSN:

I've not played any previous ones so I'm comparing it to past GT's and Forza, so probably a bit unfairly comparison but I'm not overly impressed, don't like that fact you don't upgrade your cars, you just earn kudos points and buy packs of cars which just seems silly to me, so far I've only raced on street tracks which I don't like very much, prefer more open tracks for example those in GT with space and greenery around you, also the UI is just shit, half the text I simply cannot read on my 28" CRT (for example the car stats in the car selection screen before a race) :(

I only tried 1 bike that I started with ( you start with like 5 cars and 1 bike), but it was so shit I was well behind very quickly and I had trouble controlling it, the first race I had was me v 1 bike and 2 cards and the bike just thrashed us which was also annoying, so far I'm only racing against 3 other cars in career mode races which is shit, think it's just cos I'm on an amateur career at first?

You seem to be playing a totally different game...
It doesn't have the simulation of GT, and not as arcade as Burnout for example, it's a middle point, i'd say, but veery enjoyable.
And bikes are amazing for me, they are faster than cars mostly, but easier to leave the road...
The single player is not a simulation kind IMO, it doesn't have turbo customization, suspensions, etc, but the gameplay is awesome...really awesome. Makes the game fun even with the slowest cars...

I'm really liking it...

Back
Top Bottom