Project Gotham 3 - Official Thread

Yeah its a great video, really really nice. The video was made using photo mode using the roaming camera, so this is 100% in-game. Additional effects are used only once you take a picture. I had a play with the roaming camera last night and the details even in sdtv is incredible.

Classicd i cant give you a race or 2 now my Box has died, just about to play cod2 when it just crashed and then i got the blinking red lights crap and now it doesnt do nothing lol.

Microsoft have said that they will give me a new one in 48hrs , i wont hold my breath heh..

Ah poor form, first case I've heard of from someone I know. Take it your power supply and machine itself had plenty of space around them for ventilation?

ClassicD said:
Ah poor form, first case I've heard of from someone I know. Take it your power supply and machine itself had plenty of space around them for ventilation?

Yeah i watched the usa launch closely and saw what they did to theres, i dont even have a freaking carpet in my house lol, its all laminated flooring, oh well back to cod2 and pro evo on pc while i wait.

My mate has just bought a 360 off Ebay for £400, and he tells me that Project Gotham only runs at 30fps. Is this true? If so, LAAAAAAAAMMMEEEEE.

Next Gen my arse....

Joystick said:
My mate has just bought a 360 off Ebay for £400, and he tells me that Project Gotham only runs at 30fps. Is this true? If so, LAAAAAAAAMMMEEEEE.

Next Gen my arse....

It runs at a min of 30fps but it is definately higher on average. Until you have seen it in motion, please reserve judgement - it screams along, trust me.

CWright said:
This video is taken from Photo mode, or Replay mode. You never see this level of detail when racing as it all goes by a bit too quick. Fuckin amazin

http://www.insomnes.com/personal/DanteNeverDies/PGR3citys.wmv

PGR3 is the only game i have so far, been playing it since launch, and still, this video still amazed me. The graphics in this game remind me a lot of those in Half Life 2, everything just feels right... :)

Laarson said:
Classicd i cant give you a race or 2 now my Box has died, just about to play cod2 when it just crashed and then i got the blinking red lights crap and now it doesnt do nothing lol.

Microsoft have said that they will give me a new one in 48hrs , i wont hold my breath heh..

48 hours no, but you should definately have a new one within 5 days. People on the XBox forums who have had to send their XB360s to M$ have had new ones back within a week, sometimes only 3 or 4 days.

That is such a great service I reckon and shows dedication to their customers for once. Its good to know that if my XB360 does end up dying that I'll be up and running again pretty quick

Been playing PG3 and as good as the gameplay is, it feels not next gen at all to me...
The sports games such as NBA feel more so... and there gameplay is lacking.

Been playing it on my CRT until my HDTV arrives tomorrow and I'm impressed, I'm crap but impressed. I like the game so much I'm gonna do something I haven't done it ages... Read the manual to try and get some tips. See you all on live soon.

How does one play split screen with 2 on one console on xbox live?
and if you can not does anyone know if in Need for speed you can?

Last edited:
jonboyo said:
How does one play split screen with 2 on one console on xbox live?
and if you can not does anyone know if in Need for speed you can?

In PGR3, you can't. Regarding NFS, I don't have a clue, sorry :)

Getting NFS now since it does 4 player split screen which will make my nephew and neice happy...
Looking forward to some pes5 games on LIVE after buying the pes5 xbox + 12mth subscription and headphones deal for 49 quid.
Noticed that pes5 has a free 2mth live subscription anyway so essentially I have 14mth subscription.

Last edited:
Its a great game, and to me it does feel next gen, one of the few titles that actually does. It looks so real the FX are excellent and the detail they have put into the game is astounding!

DJ

Can anyone tell me how to complete the first Cone Challenge on the London Track on Hardcore difficulty? how the hell am I supposed to get 16,000 Kudos!?? What car are people using to do it?

Also is it just me or are the vast majority of my online PGR3 Races ruined by complete tossers who deliberately thump you off the track?

Last night I did a 1/1 with someone and race him fairly, e.g. if he had the space and was coming past me I wouldnt deliberately slam him into a barrier or attempt to cut him off. But when I did actually give him room he deliberately rammed me head first into the barrier!! He made a mistake later on so I caught him again went to go past him on another corner and found myself being hit on the back end and spinning the wrong way!!, again I caught him but this time I thought "Sod it, no more Mr Nice Racing" so I got my chance on the last lap at the last corner and rammed him straight off (just so he knows how it feels) and won the race :)

DJ

It's the same people who quit during PES5 mate, soooooooooo many people out there who cant take getting beat, I had a fair race on an Online career race, but the chump quit on the last lap as I had pwnd him all the race, but he had raced fair, just he was never close enough to hit me :D ;)

Yeah PES online also got very annoying with Lag plus quitters plus everyone I seemed to play against chose funkin Brazil!!

DJ

Can someone help me? I have started my online career, and wondered how I achieve trophies? Do I have to come FIRST in every race?

ninja, im working my way through Online Career but its proving very difficult as people will do Any I mean ANY thing to win the race!!

DJ

ninjabreakz said:
Can someone help me? I have started my online career, and wondered how I achieve trophies? Do I have to come FIRST in every race?

Yep, watch out though. There are idiots who go around spinning people to get to first, like dj said before. And also, some people give you bad ratings if you come first.

Milanista said:
Yep, watch out though. There are idiots who go around spinning people to get to first, like dj said before. And also, some people give you bad ratings if you come first.

Cheers for the help, guys.

Ninja, it depends on what classes are in the Online Career Tourneys you select, I tend to drive the Ferrari GTS, Enzo Ferrari and Ford GT for most of my Online successes. Dude if people start givin you shit make sure you give them shit back, im sick of people online deliberately ramming you when your being fair (e.g. they have got an overtaking opportunity and you give them room to finish the move instead of ramming them!) I always take a note of who that is and I usually get my chance to ram them back.... but I usually do it so that they recover and its too late :) as one guy found out when he booted me off the track twice in a 5 lap head to head race, I choose my moment and booted him off at the last corner :)

DJ

in a race there is always atleast 2 ferrari enzo drivers its so annyoing everyone got the same car.

Popped onto LIVE for a couple of Online Career races and one of my races was on Gotham TV. Probably the first and last time I will appear there :)

CWright said:
Popped onto LIVE for a couple of Online Career races and one of my races was on Gotham TV. Probably the first and last time I will appear there :)
I've been told three times the race I was in was on Gotham TV, and all three times I won the race before. When they're televised I go to pot and finish anywhere from 2nd to last...

Back
Top Bottom