Project Gotham 3 - Official Thread

the highlight so far for me has been driving the maclaren F1 from the in car view, the seat is in the centre so you get a fantastic viewpoint & a great sense of speed

great game

Had major problems on Live so far, end up getting "Could not connect to all players" 9 times out of 10. I was looking for games for 45 mins tonight I got about 2 races in that time.

There is also a problem with the game crashing. When you're in a lobby DO NOT try and view another player's profile, it crashes the game. I'm pretty sure even if you press your 360 button and go to view players, and try that way, it still crashes.

Also going off the in-car view a bit, it looks amazing but it's hard to judge because one side of your screen is right at the edge of your car (the side the steering wheel is on), and the other side has the rest of the car in between you and the wall if you know what I mean.

Had the crashing problem like Classic as well, in car view is ok, but it does restrict your field of vision, tis different while driving the McLaren F1 seeing it sits in the middle, and maybe if you had a 42inch screen or bigger it might not seem as restrictive, still play the 'radiator' cam rather than the bumper cam more than any view, chase car is for total girls ;)

Come accross something i don't like in the game.

When your buying cars and filling your garage. It doesn't tell you what cars you have already bought.

Last night i ended up with 2 Nobles. I bought the first one last friday. So i decided to sell one. It cost me 115,000 credits and to sell you only get 46,000 :mad:

They should be greyed out in the car list if you already own them !

JSN said:
They should be greyed out in the car list if you already own them !

It is annoying that the haven't given you some sort of visual indication that you own a particular car. However they have left it open as some people might want to collect the Enzo in all the different colours.

In PGR2 though you could buy the car in a colour, but actually change it at any time, which was sweet.

The M400 is easily my favorite car so far.

btw I have no problems at all playing on Live when I do the Online Career mode, but Playtime is a farce? :eh:

Classic. I can never join your games when you invite me. - Always Cannot Connect to host - or session nolonger exists

I got in once and watched you all hurtling round in atoms but was quickly booted and then could never get in.

I *think* I quit that game shortly after inviting you, but you're right I have the same problems trying to connect to other folk in playtime mode. The atoms around Nurburgring wasn't my game it was one I'd joined, I saw you come in then leave too :(.

It doesn't bode well for PGR nights on Live.

Hi Classic m8 ,im up for some racing if your free anytime ,sorry to hear your haveing probs with online , ive been ok so far anyway hope to play ya soon to avenge the defeats you gave me on evo web pc league lol.

nice one , i dont have the headset yet though.

Sorry Classic must of missed ya , i was watching the gers to see if mcleish was going to get the sack lol.Then i got carried away on Perfect Dark,im gonna be on all night tonight so maybe see ya on tonight or sometime soon .

Last edited:
The only problem at the moment is is not being able to connect to a game via OptiMatch. Joining through Quick Match is fine, as is joining through mates. Online career is not a problem either.

So basically, you just can't join a game via the OptiMatch which is a bit shite, but hopefully this will be sorted soon

Well Flawless I had a look at my network settings in the 360 menus, and my 'NAT' rating was 'Moderate' which isn't the best. After some router tweaking it's now set to 'Open' which is the best you can get, so hopefully that's why I kept having problems in Optimatch, I'll play tonight and see.

First Bumper Cam, it's the one I have always used, so getting used to something else is a little hard, In Car view is alright, but you do need a nice big TV and I dare say Widescreen helps too, unless your in a F1 or a Atom

Milanista said:
Is there a way to transfer the photos taken in photo mode to your pc?

No not at the moment. That feature "should" be made available as and when MS implement the feature at a hardware level, then Bizarre will patch PGR3.

Carl and I had a few races last night, I thought I drove alright and never hit Carls car once.....despite what he says

We were also joined by some random drunk French bloke and a sound Yank, twas good fun

CWright said:
Carl and I had a few races last night, I thought I drove alright and never hit Carls car once.....despite what he says

We were also joined by some random drunk French bloke and a sound Yank, twas good fun

You know that's complete shite from the start, the very first race, THE VERY FIRST ONE; el Wrightyo decided it would be pretty funny on the 3rd lap to ditch me into a barrier the scumbag, I then avoided the dirty scumbag for the most part, mainly just by driving better than him, and winning 6 in a row!

Then late on in a Ford GT race el Hoodio there ever so slightly nudged me into a barrier, till then it had been a perfectly fair race but oh know he couldnt race fair to the line, he had to do it dirty. The drunk french person was very random indeed, as my french language. The american guy was sound tho, and not a teenage dirtbag.

Just done a couple of races, infact I did 2 laps of the test track and 4 attempts at the first race in solo career on Hard using the in-car view and its bloody fantastic. Sure I don't have HDtv but it is far superior to PGR2 in my opinion, especially the sound.

Dunno when the first 'PGR3 Monday Night Live' is gonna be (I'm assuming not tonight as no one's posted anything which usually means folk are off out), but anyone fancy a wee 'Race Against The Clock' challenge? You can pick any car and any track, and see who can post the fastest lap. We could have a new track each week/fortnight or whatever, could be a laugh.

ClassicD said:
Dunno when the first 'PGR3 Monday Night Live' is gonna be (I'm assuming not tonight as no one's posted anything which usually means folk are off out), but anyone fancy a wee 'Race Against The Clock' challenge? You can pick any car and any track, and see who can post the fastest lap. We could have a new track each week/fortnight or whatever, could be a laugh.

Great idea mate. We could have a weekly challenge, someone picks a car and track and we do what you say above. Sounds great to me.

I think people are still getting to grips with it, so no doubt we will have a Monday Night Racing soon. Can you do a online career with 'friends' as such, or do you select online career and just get put in a random room?

Wrighty is also out and about tonight with his 360 Roadshow, check local press for details. I also doubt I will be about at 8, but maybe from 9 I might get on Live. I have to get some racing done as everyone seems to have more cars than me!!!!! :D

Nah the online career thing just paps you into a course it decides you're going to use, don't think you can do that with friends. Nevermind about the cars for the muckabout matches you can choose any car in the game for those barring the select few that need unlocking via total career kudos (475,000 for the Porsche!).

Back
Top Bottom