Problems?

Could very well be it's because there's a muted user in that thread. So our board system counts all replies for us admins but not for regular users. Therefore it's like there's one (or more) reply/replies missing for you guys. Maybe I'm wrong, I'll wait for Mart to be back from work ;)

edit: Now that I come to think about what I just wrote, it doesn't make any sense at all :)

Last edited:
Mart's already confirmed what the problem is, and I realise nothing's been done about it because it's not possible without VB fixing the bug; I'm just hoping there's been some kind of response from them, especially seeing as before it was one or two threads, and now there's a few more popping up every couple of days. :(

Well, in the grand scheme of things does anything on this forum really matter?! It would be nice to have a bug-free forum, that's all!

I appreciate the effort Mart's put into this, and just wanted to keep him updated (and see if there's an update from VB on it yet). Keep your hair on! Oops, I mean... Calm down.

No response, sorry. They're having trouble replicating it apparently but I promise I'm still working on it. :)

No problemo, just wanted to report the thread I'm having a problem with and request an update. Cheers again Mart for all the hard work. :)

stewie.jpg

...Blast!

Ok, VB have marked the issue as fixed now so, in theory at least, the next release should fix the problem...

Excellenté! How often do they release updates though? I'm guessing it's a month at least before we'll see one?

It'll probably be around a month, possibly more. The last one came about after only a couple of weeks because a security flaw was discovered so if that happens again then it'll be sooner and they usually include any fixes made up to that point too.

OK people, listen up. Jack Bauer told me on MSN that he cant get on this site.
Sort it out before he stabs you all.

All other sites work but this one doesnt. When he tries to get on this site, he gets a "Server not found" error.

It seems to be up again now, but it came up half an hour ago, only to go off two seconds after clicking the name of a sub-forum. :|

No idea about that one I'm afraid, I could only put it down to something with your or more likely your ISP's setup.

Didn't want to start a new thread for a stupid question that I'm only asking because I've got too much time on my hands, buuut...

Would the admin perhaps consider banning text speak (i.e. warning text-speakers followed by a ban if they ignore it)? I've seen a few users using it recently, and not only is it harder for people who know English as a second language to understand, it's hard enough for fluent English speakers to read as well (I have to squint to read some posts, it's unnatural to have 756 words crammed into a line of random letters ending with "lol").

Sports Interactive cut out text-speak over at their forums, and it makes life a lot easier for everybody (bar the mods who, I realise, have extra work on). Just a thought!

Didn't want to start a new thread for a stupid question that I'm only asking because I've got too much time on my hands, buuut...

Would the admin perhaps consider banning text speak (i.e. warning text-speakers followed by a ban if they ignore it)? I've seen a few users using it recently, and not only is it harder for people who know English as a second language to understand, it's hard enough for fluent English speakers to read as well (I have to squint to read some posts, it's unnatural to have 756 words crammed into a line of random letters ending with "lol").

Sports Interactive cut out text-speak over at their forums, and it makes life a lot easier for everybody (bar the mods who, I realise, have extra work on). Just a thought!
I agree, sometimes it's like reading posts in another language.

Can you get rid of that fucking buzzing bee everytime i load the hoem page up for the forums.

Annoying as fuck when your tryna browse through differnt tabs and that buzzing just drones on.

Kev, the Evo-Web admin don't control the ads, it's Soccer Gaming that do - the only way you'll get rid of it is by using Firefox and downloading the Adblock Plus extension for it. It gets rid of the adverts on 90% of websites; I've never seen an advert on Evo-Web since using Firefox.

Yes, I'm definitely up for that.

Can you get rid of that fucking buzzing bee everytime i load the hoem page up for the forums.

Annoying as fuck when your tryna browse through differnt tabs and that buzzing just drones on.
I will complain about the ads again. I've seen the bee one on other sites and I appreciate it would be annoying. Last time I complained I was promised that no ads with sound would appear again so I shall go back to them now.

Excellent! When you've edited the rules sticky, I'll start shopping regular texters to you. :D

I was going to respond to that with "omfg ban taht l0zer w00t" but I felt dirty... :(

I don't like to start new threads so I thought I'd post this here...

Are "user pictures" banned on Evo-Web? Only I uploaded one shortly after the forums were updated (i.e. the ugly mug that comes up when you view my profile), and now I can't find a way of deleting it and/or changing it...

If they're now banned, can someone delete mine from my profile please? If they're not, where the hell are the options (I've been looking for half an hour - is it time for me to visit Specsavers)?

I don't like to start new threads so I thought I'd post this here...

Are "user pictures" banned on Evo-Web? Only I uploaded one shortly after the forums were updated (i.e. the ugly mug that comes up when you view my profile), and now I can't find a way of deleting it and/or changing it...

If they're now banned, can someone delete mine from my profile please? If they're not, where the hell are the options (I've been looking for half an hour - is it time for me to visit Specsavers)?

I've disabled your pic for now. If you want to have a new one, PM me with a linky.

On the text language note can we automatically ban any user using "gangster" pseudo US rap type typing. I know this will upset the under twelves and hoody up with a baseball cap brigade.
It really grinds reading it almost as much as looking at their Avatar attempts to look gangster cool.

Again, I hate starting a new thread for one question, so I'll post it here... Just a quick suggestion.

The profile options include a space for your Gamertag and a space for your PS-tag. I've recently got a Wii, which has a Wiicode tag kind of thing - could that be implemented as well? Good idea or bad idea?

Back
Top Bottom