Problems with graphics

pf03ho

Conference
19 June 2007
Playing the game, I feel that it constantly stutters. I remember in previous games, you simply untick 'wait for v-sync', but that has not stopped the problem.

I have an Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT

Settings are:

High
LB- Ticked
Use frameskipping: ticked
Wait for v-sync: unticked
Nullify movie playback: unticked

Am I missing something? What can help?

What's the specifications of your PC? How much RAM do you have on you video card? Witch drivers do you use? What is your screen resolution? :)

I use an ati x1950xtx to play the game and after a lot of experimenting I found this setup plays the game relatively smoothly. There's still some stuttering when there's a lot of players in the box, but it plays smooth 90% of the time.

I have triple buffering ticked in the ati control centre, I'm not sure what the nvidia equivalent is but check anyway.

full screen
graphics high
resolution (1440x900) 8:5. I have it set at 16:9 for my monitor and lb unticked.

use frame skipping unticked
wait for vsync ticked
nullify movie playback ticked

Hope this helps.

Playing the game, I feel that it constantly stutters. I remember in previous games, you simply untick 'wait for v-sync', but that has not stopped the problem.

I have an Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT

Settings are:

High
LB- Ticked
Use frameskipping: ticked
Wait for v-sync: unticked
Nullify movie playback: unticked

Am I missing something? What can help?

Let me take a wild guess........ You are running Windows 7 x64 or 32bit?

I have the solution for you, before they take you to the crazy house.... I almost went there.....

Read my thread here about this annoying crappy problem:

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56874

:RANT:

Is there any other solution for us technologically challenged people?

I am using Vista Home Basic as my O/S and below are my specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz x 2 (3.20Ghz)
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Screen Resolution: 1280 x 960 (4:3)
Nvidia Drivers: 195.81

I have tried running Game Booster, D3D Overrider and nHancer with nil solution. Help please!!!

I had the same problem with my 8600GT but after a bit of tweaking in the nvidia control panel it was working smoothly. You need to add Pro Evolution in the application control and tweak some of the settings. There are previous threads which contain some recommended changes.

I've upgraded to an ATI 5870 and no problems as such :))

9600 gso (384mb)
nvidia drivers 195.62

all run smooth:))

1600x900

quality=high

use frame skipping (tick)
wait for Vsync (tick)
nulify movie playback (untick)

Last edited:
Hi everyone

I have a ATI 5870 and still have that stuttering problem:RANT:

I am using windows xp 32bit

Its got to be a conflict with ATI and kitserver.The game can run smooth for 5 mins and then it will start to stutter.It's driving me mad.:CONFUSE:

I had the same problem with my 8600GT but after a bit of tweaking in the nvidia control panel it was working smoothly. You need to add Pro Evolution in the application control and tweak some of the settings. There are previous threads which contain some recommended changes.

I've upgraded to an ATI 5870 and no problems as such :))

Can you please remind me if these are in the "New Nvidia Drivers for better PES 2010 performance" thread?

Yes there are settings in there which I found improved things. However, I did try some additional tweaks myself.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help mate. Found that if I changed some settings in the Nvidia Control Panel and used the Game Booster program it works without lagging frame rate. This is all after following the instructions to delete drivers etc... It must be a Vista issue as I have put the game into an older machine running XP as the operating system and it runs fine. Hopefully the end to a very frustrating couple of weeks!!

when the game start in the tunnel i have message error "Microsoft C++ lib Run time error.........."and game hung/out but if i skip that scene its no problem..and nothing error message like that in champion league.my PC use pentium dual core 2,8 Ghz,VGA ATI Radeon 3650 1Gb,RAM 2GB....please help me.........:SHOCK::CONFUSE: i have updated my driver and direct x too.....

Last edited:
Just installed the new ati 10.1 drivers, and now I find I'm back to jerk city with the game.

Anyone else having problems with the 10.1 drivers?

Their is another reason for game stuttering.
Your antivirus is updating whilst the game is running.

Avira in particular causes the game to stutter.If game starts to stutter or accelerate or decelerate,pause and minimise it and sure enough a popup box will be underneath telling you your AV has been updated.

Back
Top Bottom