1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Problem with Master League

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by JimJoeC, 26 October 2007.

1. JimJoeC

JimJoeC Custom User Title

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints
    There is a flaw (IMO) with ML this year, it has been expanded so we now have 20 teams in each of the two divisions, which is awesome. However, you can't (as far as I can tell) put 40 English teams into those leagues so you'll end up with a few randomn foreign teams in the top flight.

The problem stems from not being able to create your own teams for ML, NONE of the teams names can be edited apart from Premiership and 'other leagues C' and (as far as I can tell) you can't use 'other leagues C' in ML. So no creating a Championship and having the top two flights.

This obviously applys to all leagues so no matter what league you play in you'll end up with foreign teams in that league. Not a major issue but it has pi**ed me off.

Does anyone know of a way around this?

Last edited: 26 October 2007
  2. chico

chico The Peoples Poster!

5 December 2006
    Belfast, Ireland.
    EFC - The Peoples Club
    not a great worry really is it mate?

3. JimJoeC

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints
    It's quite lame, you shouldn't be forced to play a league with all random teams.

That's what Europe is for. You have to have 18+ foreign teams so eventually you could end up with half prem half foreign.

4. trojanfoe

trojanfoe Gooner

11 June 2002
    Waterlooville, Hampshire, UK
    Arsenal
    Wasn't there the same problem with previous versions?

5. denirobob

denirobob IBERIAN PRIMERA

28 June 2002
    Henley, Oxfordshire
    Hi JJC,

Is this in the PS3 version ?

It seems entirely in keeping with Konami's continually illogical thinking which doesnt nothing to lessen the annoyance factor.

What is the point in the other leagues 'C' if not to be used in the ML one might well ask.

db

6. Professor Nutmeg

Professor Nutmeg ML Fanatic

3 July 2002
    Master League
    Hi mate,
    An exceedingly lame attempt by Nokami, i'm afraid. It really is a chocolate teapot.

Someone needs to bang some heads in the PES dept over there. I keep saying this, but they desperately need some European input. The game is crying out for it.
    Despite the smaller leagues in previous versions, they were workable.

In FIFA08, i've just played the 1st leg of a CL qualifier against Newcastle (as Swiss team FC Sion, 1-1) and it feels great to face European opposition, after toiling through a domestic league. This feeling is lost in PES. Essentially, you get one season of a full domestic league, until promotion/relegation messes things up.

7. JimJoeC

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints
    Hey db, sadly yes.

I have noticed that there are two teams that you can edit fully, PES United and WE United. So with the Scottish teams at least there are a few less.

Still bollox tho.

8. MatthewMeadows

MatthewMeadows Non-League

8 August 2007
    Heres my idea, someone does an option file that puts championship teams in the dutch league, and moves the 4 good dutch teams (AZ, Ajax, PSV, Feynoord) into other leagues B overwriting the swedish clubs or something, would takes AGES to do though :(

9. JimJoeC

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints
    That would take a very long time, it can't be done. You can only edit team names from the English leagues and PES & WE United.

10. Professor Nutmeg

Professor Nutmeg ML Fanatic

3 July 2002
    Master League
    Personally, i don't like it when teams get overwritten.

11. Wellzy

Wellzy Champion's League

22 March 2006
    It may be possible when a OF editor on the PC comes out, other than that,, Im not too sure on what to do... :/

12. JimJoeC

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints

If that's possible then that'll be the answer.

I hope so.