Pro Evolution Soccer 3 vs PES2008

Aragorn_CY

Non-League
20 September 2005
Hi all,

I found today and bought a copy of PES3. I decided to buy it in order to compare it with PES2008.

What a difference. PES3 ROCKS!!!!!

Speed is excellent, stadium size excellent, referees excellent, goalkeepers very very good, graphics good, crowd maybe even better compared to 2008.

To tell you the truth after playing PES3 i decided to uninstall PES2008.

Does anyone know where i can find any patches for PES3 ?

Thank you.

pes08 is garbage though. the only thing i like in pes08 is the players faces and 3d croud. everything else is shit compared to older pes games

pes08 is garbage though. the only thing i like in pes08 is the players faces and 3d croud. everything else is shit compared to older pes games

Even that though is messed up. The crowd is given a blur effect to give the illusion of 3D but in actual fact the crowd is still 2D in most camera angles.

Ignoring what i just said, my biggest problem with PES 08 is its crap game engine and the slowdowns etc which it has. Games like Gears Of War run at acceptable frame rates on my computer yet PES still slows down when corners are taken and when keepers make saves etc.

IIRC the biggest drawback of pes3 was that it was waaaaay too easy to score from headers. I remember scoring from a CK with Gattuso :lol:

or was it pes4?

well can't remember very well but in that game all you had to do to win was run like hell to the side of the box, press O twice and head it home. how satysfing, not what I would call a realistic football game. I've tried pes2008 on ps2 and it feels better then pes6 to me, the shooting feels better, the dribbling too, passes, and exspecially teamwork between my players. they feel smarter if you know what I mean.

I just re-installed pes6 with the evo patch, way better than pes 08 which is a total let down to the series, for me Pes 5 & 6 were the best but all were very good till 2008.

Loved the old pes6 online play - 08 is a joke lets hope they get back to basics on the next one

For me the problem with PES 6 was the super-human players and PES 5 bad foul system.

In PES 3 the graphics are not as good as PES4,5,6 but the gameplay is just about right, the crosses needed to be tweaked though. :)

4 in particular was my favourite. it pisses all over PES2008!

I was genuinely dissapointed with 4 after 3.

In 4 the shooting and passing were messed up. The ball was floaty, and with shots, it was upto 90% on the power still wasn't enough power, and then once you went over it, it flew over the bar.

Passing was always too short/slow as well.

And the edit mode was true bollocks, they didn't have any realistic templates like PES3 did.

The gameplay is just right in PES 3, but shooting is a bit tricky. Anyway, keepers are very realistic and game speed is just right.

The shooting in PES3 is terrible, and the crosses and headers are too easy but apart from that it is the best PES game yet.
I have a patch for PES3, this one:
http://files.filefront.com/The+Wolf+EPLCL+Final+PES3+PC+Patch/;2231818;/fileinfo.html
It seems like the best one that will be around now.

Heskey is a legend on PES3 :-pp He scores all my goals when I play as England.

That patch just will not install for me Rob. I apply it with AFS but it says every file is not found. :SS

What a difference. PES3 ROCKS!!!!!
Yes mate. PES3 is the last edition which I played. PES3 is similar PES2 and WE2002 from PSOne. But there is problem, PES3 don't have Online mode :anx: but WE2002/PES2 Online is AMAZING. Gameplay is INDESCRIBABLE :DANCE:

you all must be kidding in here!
pes2008 is the best game ever, mates... you stay angry just cause your PCs are so bad and you can't run it without lags in the HIGH graphics...

you all must be kidding in here!
pes2008 is the best game ever, mates... you stay angry just cause your PCs are so bad and you can't run it without lags in the HIGH graphics...
No, we are not angry because our PCs won't run it, we just think the game is crap...

I've been playing the series for over 9 years! I can't believe how they can go backwards. PES 2008 is crap! Period.

Back
Top Bottom