Pro Evo PS3 opinions

just told by my useless brother that pcworld are taking pre orders this month for certain but no official date as yet :(

Dead Man said:
Still might be down to developers tho.
I doubt it. The X360 is also region free but Microsoft didnt come out and make a big deal of it cuz in their case, the developers DID intervene and lock some games out of different regions. But the fact that Sony came out and told everyone that its gonna be region free tells me that ALL games will probably be region free whether the developers like it or not. And another point is that Sony seem to be making the PS3 similar to the PSP (the XMB, firmware, etc) and seeing how Sony dont have a problem with the PSP being region free, I dont see how that would be a problem with the PS3.

Just to ignite this thread again it looks like johnthekingsingh's predictions regarding the PS3 an 360 version being different could be true.

In the latest PSM2 mag, now called PSM3, theres a new 'insider info' page. It talks about PES on both PSP and PS3. First of all it confirms PES6 on PSP will have master league (yes!). Then it goes on to saying the PS3 version of PES will be 'more than just a high res update' of the 360 version, going on to say the PS3 version will debut 'early to mid 2007'.

Interesting...

Adonis said:
Then it goes on to saying the PS3 version of PES will be 'more than just a high res update' of the 360 version, going on to say the PS3 version will debut 'early to mid 2007'.

Interesting...
'more than just a high res update' ?! Does that mean the 360 version does not support High res, no wide screen??

'early to mid 2007' is later than the expected january
I don't like these new insider info at all... :(

Han said:
'more than just a high res update' ?! Does that mean the 360 version does not support High res, no wide screen??

'early to mid 2007' is later than the expected january
I don't like these new insider info at all... :(

was the PS3 version supposed to come out in Jan? I dont think so mate. As far as I knew it was gonna be released next October 07. For me it sounds totally weird for PES to be released early to mid 2007 in Europe, unless ofcourse its the Japanese version.

Dont worry Han the 360 version will support widescreen and will be high res, just PSM3 trying to have a dig at the 360's limited HD capabilities compared to the PS3.

TBH I reckon both versions will look the same.

I somewhere did read about releasing in januari for the PS3, but I did read counteless articles about it, so I am not sure where I did read it.
I am talking about the PES 6 version, not the WE PES 2007...

Han said:
I somewhere did read about releasing in januari for the PS3, but I did read counteless articles about it, so I am not sure where I did read it.
I am talking about the PES 6 version, not the WE PES 2007...

Well I reckon you might of got confused coz WE PES 2007 is out in the US in Jan on PS2, but totally no news on the release date of the PS3 version.

the 360 version of pes6, whether in europe or in north america in jan.07, will merely be a high res update... the first ps3 version, released in japan in early to mid '07 (pes2007/pes7), will be the first to implement the next-gen stuff.

Adonis said:
Dont worry Han the 360 version will support widescreen and will be high res, just PSM3 trying to have a dig at the 360's limited HD capabilities compared to the PS3.
I think its trying to say that the X360 version will just be a hi-res update meaning it will look better graphically but play exactly the same. Where as the PS3 version will be an actual sequel thats 'more than just a high res update' meaning things like the gameplay will also be improved instead of just improving the graphics.

RuneEdge said:
I think its trying to say that the X360 version will just be a hi-res update meaning it will look better graphically but play exactly the same. Where as the PS3 version will be an actual sequel thats 'more than just a high res update' meaning things like the gameplay will also be improved instead of just improving the graphics.

thats what I should of said ;)

Cheers mate.

Slickhenry said:
I will get neither, PES without a pc is a joke. West midlands village, mersey side blue, crap!

As far as team names, kits, player likenesses etc (i.e. anything you can do within the in-game editor) are concerned why not just distribute up-to-date patches via the web browser, and if needs be move the option file into the correct folder using Linux?

now that lepzig is over and we have seen the glossy pes6 for 360 what do think konami will show on the tokyo game show for ps3? i belive the first two images of terry and adriano are from the ps3 version of a replay goals scored. i hope they show something as alot of ps3 stuff is lined up there

http://tgs.cesa.or.jp/english/

Last edited by a moderator:
if i can get the cloth simulation of NBA 2K7 for the next verision of PES on the PS3/360 (not PES7 but PES8 ) then i'll be over the moon, cause i for one think it's possible :)

johnthekingsingh said:
now that lepzig is over and we have seen the glossy pes6 for 360 what do think konami will show on the tokyo game show for ps3? i belive the first two images of terry and adriano are from the ps3 version of a replay goals scored. i hope they show something as alot of ps3 stuff is lined up there

http://tgs.cesa.or.jp/english/
You really think PES7 graphics are gonna piss all over PES6 360 just cause it's on PS3? Check out the new RR7 screens for PS3, yet more evidence of Sony's lies and hype!

NickSCFC said:
You really think PES7 graphics are gonna piss all over PES6 360 just cause it's on PS3? Check out the new RR7 screens for PS3, yet more evidence of Sony's lies and hype!
Hate to add to this but they always do it, they did it before the PS2 was launched as well!

DJ

Back
Top Bottom