Pro Evo 6 on PS3

I dont understand that, it accepted my username and password immediately and i connected online in a flash, the games are much smoother than they were on ps2!!!

I dont understand that, it accepted my username and password immediately and i connected online in a flash, the games are much smoother than they were on ps2!!!

Well Pete, how did you do it? I didn't had a ps2 so i inserted a new name and password. Could that be the issue? Is an old ps2 name and password required?

i just used my existing username and password, the same one i had on ps2, it connected me straight away and its much smoother online than it was with ps2

Whats the emulation chip?

Think he meant the emotion engine - The Emotion Engine is the name of the Central Processing Unit (CPU) used in Sony PlayStation 2 video game consoles. It was jointly designed by Toshiba and Sony and began mass production in 1999. According to MicroDesign Resources, it is two times the speed of a 733 MHz Pentium III and 15 times the speed of a 400 MHz Celeron at handling tasks like full-motion video (SIMD). [1]

The Emotion Engine's data bus, cache memory as well as all registers are implemented in 128 bit technology, integrated on a single 0.18 micrometer process technology chip (making it the first commercial 128 bit CPU). The Emotion Engine, based on the MIPS R5900, is sort of a combination CPU and DSP processor, whose main function is simulating 3D worlds. It integrated all necessary units on the die: The MIPS III CPU core, 2 vector units, FPU, image processing unit (basically an MPEG2 decoder with some other capabilities), 10-channel DMA controller, graphics interface unit, RDRAM and I/O interfaces, all connected via a shared 128-bit internal bus.

The chip is also used in early PlayStation 3 units to achieve backwards compatibility. PAL PlayStation 3 units do not include an Emotion Engine as a matter of cost-saving, however this means such units must use less reliable software emulation to achieve some level of backwards compatibility. It is believed that eventually a hardware revision of NTSC units will remove the Emotion Engine chip in these territories.

never thought I would hear Kris Boyd sounding remotely intellectual!!!

Excited to hear that PES6 now works online for the PS3. My only concern is the issue of needing to be pre-registered with the PS2 as I never had a network adaptor for it. I read that it's possible to connect is if you were using a PS2 but not sure how easy that would be. I don't want to shell out £400 and have to wait till Oct till anything I'm interested in is released!

Ok guys,im planning to buy PES6 retail to play on my ps3 :)
i never played it from ps3....i have a dell 2407 full HD (pc monitor) on my ps3 with DVI-HDMI.
my PS2 is connected on it with s-video,now is iplay PES6 from my PS3 from HDMI wil i get better screen quality from the PS3 then ps2 from s-video (i hope)

but i had some issue's i played gran turismo 4 on ps3 , but then i got green/prurple screen :9 i am afraid this wil happen with al ps2 games on ps3 (im on FW 1.7),or do you guys think i should get a COMPONENT cable for it?
BTW can anyone make screen shot or vid. of the quality from normal tv and HD?
btw is there any way to get a PS2 OF working on ps3? with out that adapter crap?
Or can anyone make a PS6 PS3 OF with al updates?

Ok guys,im planning to buy PES6 retail to play on my ps3 :)
i never played it from ps3....i have a dell 2407 full HD (pc monitor) on my ps3 with DVI-HDMI.
my PS2 is connected on it with s-video,now is iplay PES6 from my PS3 from HDMI wil i get better screen quality from the PS3 then ps2 from s-video (i hope)

but i had some issue's i played gran turismo 4 on ps3 , but then i got green/prurple screen :9 i am afraid this wil happen with al ps2 games on ps3 (im on FW 1.7),or do you guys think i should get a COMPONENT cable for it?
BTW can anyone make screen shot or vid. of the quality from normal tv and HD?
btw is there any way to get a PS2 OF working on ps3? with out that adapter crap?
Or can anyone make a PS6 PS3 OF with al updates?

i dont know if this will help mate.
i have a samsung 40'' hd tv and when playing with hdmi cable it looks slightly sharper but the game does not run correctly for me,its a bit jerky and a little bit faster.also the screen size for the game is smaller when using hdmi.it plays alot better using a normal av cable for me.not sure if this will help
answering answering your question? and yes you can use a option file for the ps3 with out too much bother.all you have to do is download and option file that is in psv format and then you can stick the file either on usb or a mem stick duo which is what i did,when you download the psv file there should be an explanation on putting the file on the mem stick.you have to put the file i a certain folder and directory so the ps3 can read the file.if you cant find the file im talking about then let me know.you should find it at pesgaming

Quick question guys, I have a PS3 and I am looking to get PES6 for the PS2 however I am just wondering how will I be able to get one of the option files posted over in the Editing forum onto the PS3, are Max Drives still needed?

I just updated it using a usb memory stick. For some reason my ps3 doesnt connect to the netwok which allows it to download the update directly by the console itself.

Well i think pes6 ps2 on the ps3 is playable now, but it isn't 100% perfect as it was on ps2. It still has some lag (also in OFF-line games), which isn't the same stuttering as we know from former pesgames (when it's too croudy) this is a different lag. When playing pes6 ps2 on the ps2 there isn't any lag in off line games.
Sony agrees on me that the game isn't perfect on the ps3 yet:
Visit this link:
http://faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/bcG...generation=PS2

As you see, it says that you can play PES6 ps2 on the ps3 with some minor issues!!!

Hope firmware 1.80 solves everything.

can someone make me a online account on there ps2 so i can play on the ps3 plz any 1 ? coz i have never been online coz i dnt have a adapter

Dammit! I don't have memory card adaptor, so I can not log in
Because my option file and network account for PS2 are in my ps2 memory card !!!
And I can not transfer it to ps3
What you guys suggest?

Because I am basically a Sony Fan Boy, I hate Pro Evo on the 360 and actually traded in my copy cause it just annoyed me, thought I would get a PS3 and at least could play pro evo until the new version came out but can't do that so still need to house my PS2 also..

Lmao!! U bought a PS3 to play pro evo 6 PS2 version. Whats the point???

Dammit! I don't have memory card adaptor, so I can not log in
Because my option file and network account for PS2 are in my ps2 memory card !!!
And I can not transfer it to ps3
What you guys suggest?

If you want to transfer your option file you will need the adapter but if you just want to play online you dont need it. The ps3 creates a virtual memory card, just select network from the opening menu in PE6 6 and it will go throught the set up,it takes a few minutes, then sign on with your old username and password, it took me 5 mins to do. I now have a mem card adapter so ive tranfered my option file onto ps3...i am a happy bunny once again. Played loads of games both on and offline, no lag or stutter at all.

Can someone confirm that you can register a new online account on the PS3 console?
I never used online on the PS2 console but now have a PS3 which is online enabled. I'm thinking about buying PES6 to use on the PS3 but only if online will work. But I'm reading that you can only use accounts that have been registered on the PS2 console.
Is this true?

Maybe a silly question, but could we download an uncompressed option file (max drive etc) from the internet on the PS3 and save this into our hard drive on the PS3 and then access it from there.

Does anyone have an uncompressed option file available to download?

Would this avoid the need of having to buy a memory card adapter?

Av

Runedge:

You can register a new online account on the PS3 console without having a ps2 account

You need a ps2 to ps3 memory card adaptor, i got mine from amazon it was £8.99...you only need to use it once.

there must be another way, using a usb pen or something?

I dont wanna fork out money for something I will use once

OKKK finaly got my monitor(DELL2407 FULL HD 24 INCH WIDESCREEN)working proper for ps2 games on PS3:)
Im gonna buy pes6 RETAIL tomorow for 19,95 euro's ;) (support konami i gues)
Now the big EFFIN question......can someone create pls a OF with the correct names and maybe kitts for the ps3?

@petersmith5
dude if u have the adapter,pls provide us some help m8
u can simply take a good OF and convert to a save game on ps3, make backup from ps3(with sd,usb stick,memstick) and post it for us:):):)

will there be pro evolution soccer 6 made for ps3? if yes when will it come out

lol no m8.....its just pes6 for ps2 that we play on the ps3

btw i tested component cable for ps3 and hdmi on pes6 on my dell 2407 fullhd 24 inch monitor.
I gotta say it looks crappy on HDMI,but when i used the component cable and set the game on 60hz it looked awsome:)
when u set it normal back in 50hz its crappy and its stutters a lot,from component that is, and from HDMI its still crappy and screen is not filled.

so my conclusion is pes6 on ps3 rox with component cable on 60hz AND u play with full screen(tested on my dell 2407 fullhd monitor)

Back
Top Bottom