Pro Evo 09 & 2010 icons question

Scottyboy99

Non-League
13 October 2007
This is a slightly odd question and only a minor problem but I wondered if it was just my 2 laptops doing this.

When I put the Pro Evo 2009 cd into my laptops it autoloads as usual. If I click to my computer the cd/dvd drive icon has now changed to a 'Pro Evo 2009' icon. Now if I remove it so the cd icon changes back to normal, then I put Pro Evo 2010 in the drive the cd icon will change but will be the Pro Evo 2009 icon. It's odd. If I did it the other way round and had 2010 in first then it would have this icon but then retain the 2010 icon when Pro Evo 2009 is put in the drive. I hope this makes sense.

It happens on both of my laptops (one running vista and one running XP). Do you think it's just a minor bug in the operating system? Most cd/dvd games are fine but Pro Evo does this and a few others actually .ie. Norton Ghost, if this goes in first then the Norton icon shows, eject & then put in either Pro Evo 09 or 2010 and the Norton icon will be the one showing.

I have deleted the icon cache so it rebuilds. Like I say it only happens with a handful of games etc so I think maybe it's an operating system bug or the way the dvd's are designed.

Anyone else notice this?

Back
Top Bottom